• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Popular Shipping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryGotGame

I prefer Pokeshipping no doubt it's popular. I say Pokeshipping and pearlshipping is most popular. My favorite is Pokeshipping.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
In America, without a doubt, the 5 most popular are:
Poke
Contest
Ikari
Wishful
GeekChic

I'm not sure about Japan, but Pearl and Amour are high on the list. (I don't blame them, they are two of my favorite Ash ships!)

BubChan

Wonderwall
I don't like that thing of "popular shipping" but i believe that these shippings are the most popular:
Poké
Advance
Contest
Pearl
Amour

In the Special:
Special
Oldrival
MangaQuest
Frantic
Commoner
Agency

BlueDragonfangirl

In America, without a doubt, the 5 most popular are:
Poke
Contest
Ikari
Wishful
GeekChic

I'm not sure about Japan, but Pearl and Amour are high on the list. (I don't blame them, they are two of my favorite Ash ships!)

Armor hasn't taken off in America yet eh?

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper

For every single one but GeekChic, those are the ones guaranteed to have a lasting fanbase. Amour is probably somewhere in the Top 10 because of all the hate it gets, yet it is so popular. Really the only reason some hate it is because they are Genwunners...

Well... there's one logical explanation. Western and west-Europe audience (except Spain, where amour had somewhat skyrocketted) loathes changes about main couples. That's the reason cuz Pokeshipping is still surprisingly popular and technicaly monopilizes other Satoshi-shippings (More evident in the same USA and France, where "Sacha et Ondine" is still a must talk) and that's the subjacent reason because ships like Handyman, Contest, Ikari-Penguin, Wishful and GeekChic are popular. It's half "keepaway from Satoshi and Kasumi" and half sincere preference. That's not all the shipdom, but the majority has those habits in western side of chikyuu-sei, and that's da true reason because Pokeshippers are sometimes called "Genwunnershippers", cuz most vocal fans have the bad habit of make "keepaway shippings". As someone says in latin territory: "there's everiything in Kami's vine".

Maybe the another reason would be Ranma Nibunnoichi's coupling legacy. From this anime, which was a huge success in USA, it's a fact the most popular pairing in western fandom in every anime released in the americas and europe would be the "idiot arrogant hero x tsundere bokukko" that carry with the "those who fight love each other". And that's the reason because couples like IchiRuki, Taiora, KeiNaru, NaruSaku and LuNa are so popular for western eyes, despite the authors wants other things for his main characters (like in Digimon with the whole Sorato ordeal, and, according to Digimon series director, the Sorato thing was planned since the start of the franchise. With Bleach, IchiHime is the true deal since the plagarized from Yu Yu Hakusho pilot episode pilot manga, and there's some foreshadowing that makes this couple would be canon, DESPITE ALL THE SHIP TEASE ICHIRUKI HAS IN THE ANIME. KeiNaru... no comments. NaruSaku was pretty much derailed in favour of NaruHina and SasuSaku. LuNa wouldn't exist cuz Eichiro Oda dismished every romance in the One Piece franchise).

This statement would be applied in Latinoamerica too, however we're more in line with Japanese and iberic Spanish preferences actually, with Amour and Pearl having more popularity than Poke (that's because bootlegging in anime is a very common thing in Latinoamerica and we can watch and take coupling preference almost simultaneously with Japan). Most fans moved from "delayed by dub issues" tv broadcasting around 2006 and that's because Pearl has become very popular first in LatAm than in Japan.

Maybe I would be right or wrong with my thinking about popular ships.

Last edited:

Arn

Pretty much all AshxMain Girl ships are popular

other than that:

Contest
Ikari

Those are the 1's i see the most of

Pugsley

Banned
As of now, at least for Ash x Main girls, It's Amour>>>>>>>>>>Pearl>Poke>Advance>>>>>>>>>>Negai.

I wonder how does the non-Ash parings rank. I think Contest will come to the top. Dionde (Ash x Clemont) seems to be the most popular yaoi paring as of now.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This topic was bumped after thirty days of inactivity so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.