• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Popular Shipping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think Pearl and Poke are currently the most popular Ash ships BUT Amour is on the rise and very quickly becoming a powerhouse. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes #1 within the oncoming months.

I'd wager to say like 75% of Amourshipping's fanbase were previously Pearlshippers. Its not really gaining popularity as in its just the same people who previously shipped Dawn with Ash.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I'd wager to say like 75% of Amourshipping's fanbase were previously Pearlshippers. Its not really gaining popularity as in its just the same people who previously shipped Dawn with Ash.

Not really I saw that people whom support Amourshipping were people whom never support a Pokemon shipping. Even the XY fan page on Facebook got people talking about Ash x Serena. Yes it is made out of different shippers but non-shippers as well. Even people whom have given up the anime support this pairing by the comments I see on Youtube.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan

it not really true , i think many people ship them because they reveal that serena already met ash when he was child
not because serena look like dawn

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
it not really true , i think many people ship them because they reveal that serena already met ash when he was child
not because serena look like dawn

And I guess people loved the childhood friend angle that Ash and Serena give. And the backstory on these two. To even calling them lovers or they wanted them together.

Sephora

yes I'm back
History
Poke
Advance
Pearl
Amour
Contest.

I think ContestShipping is way more popular than AdvanceShipping though. And why is Pearl third to Advance? It is clearly more popular lol. I believe ot is like this:

PokeShipping (#1 in North America, 2nd in Japan)
PearlShipping (#1 in Japan, 2nd in North America)
ContestShipping
AdvanceShipping

And I am not going to include Amour since it is new and we don't know yet.

Japan
Pearlshipping
pokeshipping
Advanceshipping
Negaishipping

U.S.-Canada-Mexico etc.
Pokeshipping(i doubt it is ever going to lose this place in North America people just love Misty here)
Advanceshipping or Pearlshipping (from what i heard may was better received here than dawn so maybe theyre tied if not advance is in 2nd place)
Negaishipping

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Contest was more popular than most of the ash ships. Surprising since it's the only non-Ash ship to actually be popular years after AG ended.

Moonlight Starlight

I think ContestShipping is way more popular than AdvanceShipping though. And why is Pearl third to Advance? It is clearly more popular lol. I believe ot is like this:

PokeShipping (#1 in North America, 2nd in Japan)
PearlShipping (#1 in Japan, 2nd in North America)
ContestShipping
AdvanceShipping

And I am not going to include Amour since it is new and we don't know yet.

You know I want to know what number popular was Ikarishipping in North America and in Japan.I mean hey Ikarishipping should be popluar as will too.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You guys do realize there's no statistical way to prove what ships are the most popular right? Not everyone writers fanfiction or makes fanart.

Half of all shippers don't even mention anything about it on Pokemon forums.

Sephora

yes I'm back
You know I want to know what number popular was Ikarishipping in North America and in Japan.I mean hey Ikarishipping should be popluar as will too.

Not popular enough to be in this thread unfortunately :p
I think in the beginning when Paul was first introduced and Dawn got angry at him in that scene it was some-what "popular". But they barely interacted and nothing happened afterwards so it just died down. It is not that much of a popular ship, although I think it is better than PenguinShipping.

You guys do realize there's no statistical way to prove what ships are the most popular right? Not everyone writers fanfiction or makes fanart.

Half of all shippers don't even mention anything about it on Pokemon forums.

You are right of course. It is mostly just speculation at this point. Although it is safe to say that Poke, Pearl, and Contest are the most popular compared to the others since it is fairly obvious at this point.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

IkariShipping was Dawn/Paul right? I personally couldn't get into it and the pairing only seemed popular during DP, although never quite as popular as PearlShipping obviously, which was huge back then and still has a large fanbase. It was one of the few pairings that I didn't think was that interesting for some reason though, and I used to ship Tracey with Cassidy so that should tell you a lot about the kind of pairings that I personally approve of lol.

Blood Red

【推しの子】

I actually prefer Penguinshipping to Ikarishipping...which is huge, because I hate Kenny and everything that relates to him. At least Penguinshipping has hints, Ikarishipping is the definition of a crack pairing. Comashipping makes more sense!

I actually prefer Penguinshipping to Ikarishipping...which is huge, because I hate Kenny and everything that relates to him. At least Penguinshipping has hints, Ikarishipping is the definition of a crack pairing. Comashipping makes more sense!

which one is comashipping or is that a joke?
what about delia and prof oak or delia and giovanni i know those were real popular at a time

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I love how none of you are mentioning appealshipping (Dawn/Zoey), which was far more popular than any of the other Dawn shippings aside from Ash.

When DP first started everyone wanted Dawn and Zoey to be lesbians.

aquadrop13

Chocolatier
Yeah, SatoSere is huge already, it really depends on the era of Pokemon. They ARE dropping lots of hints for it already xD
But again, we wont really know unless we have a poll or someone goes to Japan and finds out! ^-^
Unless an old character makes a cameo again (such as May with her half of a ribbon), shippings usually simmer down after some time, but they never die, they'll always be supporters.

Besides, if the writers DO decide to make some sort of romantic element in Pokemon, I don't think they'll base it on current popularity because it always depends on the generation of Pokemon and its very subjective.
Also, its not like they've listened to us before, they usually do their own thing xD

AshsPikachu

As the X and Y episodes continue to get released, most likely Amour will continue to get even more popular :) (U.S and Japan, etc)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
most popular be now would definitely be amour as since is still ongoing in japan

lol what's with comashipping, i don't have any idea where they get the name

Status
Not open for further replies.