• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Powerful Nintendo Villain?

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
Bowser, King Dedede, Ghetsis, there's no doubt Nintendo has had many amazing villains. But who is the best? That's up to you guys! :D Who, in your honest opinion, is the best Nintendo villain? Your decision should be based on:

-Contribution to the storyline.
-Character. What is it about them that makes them such a great villain?
-Their boss fight. Is it enjoyable? Is it challenging?
-And of course, your personal preference.

Personally, I think the best villain is either Hades or Ganon. No matter how many times Ganon is sealed or defeated he just keeps coming back. And it takes the power of FOUR GODS to kill Hades, plus he has the best jokes. XD

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Both great answers. Hades was awesome, but Ganon is cool and cooler and from my favorite video game (if you couldn't tell by my signature). I suppose Ganon because of his impeccable design, perfect story and story inclusion, and great battle! Wind Waker had one of the best battles with him, getting increasingly harder in Ghastly and Puppet form, until you find him in his final form. Then he's easy but still hard if you are bad at coordination with Zelda! Of course, that was one of the best endings to any game ever.

And then there's Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time. Sporting three parts to battle, it's fun, challenging, and good-looking graphics wise.

Giving it a second thought, Ganondorf is the best villain in Nintendo games. I'd give King Dedede (of Kirby), Wolf (of Star Fox), and Dr. Willy (of Mega Man) honorable mentions. :)

bushie

Got to be bowser. battling bowser is always great whether its on console or handheld and even though he basically does the same thing over and over its still enjoyable. I always look forward to bowser whenever a new mario game is released. Even though we beat him he keeps coming with new powers and abilities mind you. i mean the guys been around for over 20yrs.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Got to be bowser. battling bowser is always great whether its on console or handheld and even though he basically does the same thing over and over its still enjoyable. I always look forward to bowser whenever a new mario game is released. Even though we beat him he keeps coming with new powers and abilities mind you. i mean the guys been around for over 20yrs.

As has Ganon... lol just saying (1986)
ANd just to make sure I don't get infracted as this is a one-liner right now, I think that Bowser is not as awesome as other ones because like you said, he's always the same. Its fun to face him but hes really easy and basically only changed in Sunshine and Galaxy games. Ahich BTW he was awesome in LOL.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I really liked Hades in Kid Icarus: Uprising!

He was great in the story-line, contributing small puns and jokes and overall a pretty different villain.

I also really liked Vaati and Ganondorf of The Legend of Zelda series!

Aurath8

I'd agree that its a bust-up between Ganondorf and Hades. Ganondorf has 27 years of asskicking under his belt and his bossfights are always incredibly epic and varied. On the other hand Hades, however recent he is, is a nigh-invulnerable skyscraper sized god. Even after you kill his friggin' heart he survives to be mutually destroyed by the most powerful weapon Pit can wield and even after the credits his voice, and therefore a sliver of his life force remains. He just refuses to die.

Overall I prefer Hades. Link always has the Master Sword or the Triforce or Zelda's Light Arrows or the Goddesses something that ensures that he and Ganon are almost on equal footing by the end of the game. Hades is not quite dead, but the world was pretty much half-destroyed to get him in this state along with the Great Sacred Treasure. As a potentially recurring villain, Hades is far, far scarier.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
If you're going for raw power, I'd have to go with Giygas. He was the universal cosmic destroyer and in an alternate future avoided by Ness and friends, he destroyed the universe. If you're going for impact on the series as well as power, though, I would have to go with Ganondorf. He just won't stay dead.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Considering Hades had to have four gods pitching in to be able to only temporarily beat him, I would put Hades on the high end of the Spectrum.

Grey Wind

Best? Ghirahim was always one of my favourites. I know he was the typical villain-before-the-real-villain trope, but his general demeanour throughout the game was really creepy and threatening and a lot of his lines made me laugh. His boss fights were always difficult too, particularly the final one. If we're talking most powerful, I'd say Hades for the reasons already stated.