• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Powerful Pokémon

ThePokéman09

Most Powerful Pokémon

What, in your opinion is the most powerful Pokémon of all? Is it Mewtwo, Arceus, Pikachu, etc?

Also, please forgive me if this wasn't supposed to be created or if it already existed.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
I do believe in the saying that "no Pokemon is above all others", and that even counts for Arceus.

However, when I was younger, I always believed Lugia was the strongest ever...then again, back in the G/S/C days, it was the strongest overall stat-wise.

FRUiTY-DiNO

Fairy Trainer
Arceus. Period.

I do believe in the saying that "no Pokemon is above all others", and that even counts for Arceus.

Yes, that is true.
In this kind of game, one Pokemon cannot help win the battle, but its teammates, having a strategy is a important part of the game, as it can outcome ignorant attacks. Luck is also a small part in it as well...

Having an creature that said to created the world with a thousand hands cannot win the battle on its own.

I have to admit, that if this was still the first generation, the strongest would be Mewtwo, he "was" the god of Pokemon. After an Amnesia, it could take an team on without fear.

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
some guy put a PBR battle royale on youtube, Palkia beat Arceus. But his tactics were kinda sketchy, I mean he used dragon pulse on cresselia when there was like 7 dragon types on the field. I mean, I think he was kinda biased on who he wanted to win, he didn't really go for simple type advantage man!

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Arceus, technically.
If you want my opinion, Flaaffy.
If you want the most paranoid Pokemon player's opinion...
Cacnea.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
I echo FRUiTY-DiNO's sig here:

Karen of the elite 4 said:
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd battled a total noob's team of all uber and still beaten them with ordinary pokemon because the other didn't know how to use them, or just cause I/we was better at strategic battle.

Basically, what I'm saying is a pokemon's only as powerul as their trainer is skilled.

LordVatek9

Legendary Collector
If we're talking overall, then Arceus. He has the highest base-stat average of all Pokemon. People think Mew, Mewtwo, and Lugia because of how highly they were praised in the anime.

christiandeath77

You gotta crush em'.
Meh.Arceus.All that power and he looks like crap."Fear me for I am teh HAX LLAMA!!!"

IMO, my Staraptor.It's not on my competetive team, but it's never lost.

ThePokéman09

Suppose the stats didn't matter as much, like in the anime, what then? Personally I'd say Mewtwo, since they specifically stated he's the strongest of all. Thing is, if I were to create the most powerful Pokémon, I'd create one that stood out as an anamoly, one that defied the original intent of elemental weaknesses. So, assuming it was possible, and that the scientists knew how to do it, it's likely that Mewtwo was designed to be univerally powerful, not just a psychic type like the games say. And wouldn't Mewtwo simply deflect Arceus' shots?

As for my own in the games, I'm a total noob...

teetee99

Pokemon master
The most powerful pokemon is Rayquaza I have Rayquaza as a pokemon card it can use sky judgement.

LordVatek9

Legendary Collector
Suppose the stats didn't matter as much, like in the anime, what then? Personally I'd say Mewtwo, since they specifically stated he's the strongest of all. Thing is, if I were to create the most powerful Pokémon, I'd create one that stood out as an anamoly, one that defied the original intent of elemental weaknesses. So, assuming it was possible, and that the scientists knew how to do it, it's likely that Mewtwo was designed to be univerally powerful, not just a psychic type like the games say. And wouldn't Mewtwo simply deflect Arceus' shots?

As for my own in the games, I'm a total noob...

Anime = Arceus doesn't exist yet.

Games = When Mewtwo was mentioned, Arceus didn't exist yet.

The most powerful pokemon is Rayquaza I have Rayquaza as a pokemon card it can use sky judgement

Yeah...... no. Rayquaza is weaker than Mewtwo.

Arceus is the strongest. End of story.

Gamerman78

Guild Master
Game: Mew is the best pokemon in the games because he can learn all of the attacks possible and has pretty good stats.

Tv: Arceus

ThePokéman09

Anime = Arceus doesn't exist yet.

Games = When Mewtwo was mentioned, Arceus didn't exist yet.

Yeah...... no. Rayquaza is weaker than Mewtwo.

Arceus is the strongest. End of story.

That's only if you're looking at this from a real-world perspective. In-universe, it's different: Everyone knew the legend of Arceus and the Dragon Trio, and most likely so did the scientists.
Anime =/= games. End of story.