• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Sought After Egg Move?

Jamthemaster

Pokemon Collector
Obviously this will be different in everybody's opinion, but what is your most sought after egg move? If you were allowed one egg move to breed onto as many compatible pokemon as possible, what would it be?

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
You mean one Egg Move that is best to get on as many Pokemon as possible? Hmm. That's tough to say for me because I tend to put Egg Moves on Pokemon that are just fun to have as a gimmick. But I'd say priority moves in general tend to be a good idea to get on most Pokemon.

But in all my breeding experience, the most tenaciously I've worked on Egg Moves is getting Wish on a full set of Eeveelutions, with appropriate natures. Now THAT took a while.

kabzy

Grass Trainer
Leech seed on all the grass pokemon please. ;D

Jamthemaster

Pokemon Collector
Ahhh.. breeding wish onto an eevee :p I did the same, just haven't went through the trouble of getting each eevolution with it yet.

Jamthemaster

Pokemon Collector
Ahhh.. breeding wish onto an eevee :p I did the same, just haven't went through the trouble of getting each eevolution with it yet.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
Wish on the Eeveelutions, especially Vaporeon (for the awesome WishVap moveset).

While it doesn't count fully as an egg move, breeding babies that have useful and coveted TMs (ex: Swords Dance and Earthquake) passed down from thier respected fathers are also sought after.

I myself have worked my digital butt off trying to breed an Ice Punching Sneasel with good IVs to transfer over to SS as an egg. And it worked! Now Slagar, my trusted Weavile, is a fine young Ice-Punching male with a perfect 31 in Speed!

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
An absolutely notorious moveset to get via egg (For me, at least) is the Ice/Thunder/Fire Fang set all in one. I was trying to breed an Ekans for this combination, but I still haven't gotten it right. And then there's the EV breeding that I'd like to get...

Oh, the Fangs? Just get a male Smeargle with good IVs and Sketch them on him. Well, it only works if the species you want is in the Ground Egg Group.