• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Threatening or Frightening Team?

Most Threatening or Frightening Team?

• Team Rocket

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Team Magma

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Team Plasma

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
Team Galactic forever. They were the ones who nearly succeeded. (look, they actually managed to snag three legendary Pokemon, summon yet another three Pokemon) yes, N caught a dragon, but he strikes me off as a neutral character. He's just there simply because someone needs to exist. Ghetsis meanwhile is a clown. Compared to the Galactic admins and Cyrus himself, this duo is a lame excuse for a criminal gang. The Rockets are lame, and Magma and Aqua are mediocre at best.

cyrus is the most intimidating character of all.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I think it's team galactic, because the way they talk and battle is just creepy.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Team Magma are a bunch of Sadists. Hot weather has no redeeming qualities, so to take that to the extreme is beyond ridiculous.

Team Magma are a bunch of Sadists. Hot weather has no redeeming qualities, so to take that to the extreme is beyond ridiculous.

Actually, sadists obtain pleasure from watching or inflicting suffering on others, so Team Magma aren't really sadists. In my opinion, I would say that Cyrus is somewhat delusional.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Actually, sadists obtain pleasure from watching or inflicting suffering on others, so Team Magma aren't really sadists. In my opinion, I would say that Cyrus is somewhat delusional.

Creating not only extreme temperatures, but drought, is inflicting suffering on others. And they seem to be having a jolly good time doing it. I was being facetious due to my dislike of hot weather, but when I think about it it's a reasonable statement.

Geekachu

which was not helped by Cyrus's dropping of the Galactic Bomb on Lake Valor; it was intended primarily to show favoritism of Saturn, as Team Galactic clearly had the capability of taking Azelf without it.

The Galactic Bomb drop on Lake Valor was not an act of great pomp, they did it in order to expose the underwater cave in which Azelf hid. After they exposed the Lake Valor cave, the ~special~ connection between the three also revealed the caves at Lake Acuity and the other one. It was essential to Team Galactic's aim.

But seriously, what's the other cave?

But for the most part I agree about Team Galactic, they were just too crazy and Cyrus was an absolute nutcase, meaning that they were hard to take seriously. For me, Team Rocket are the most threatening figures in the franchise; their goals remain familiar enough to be taken seriously, and furthermore they're consciously aware of their own craziness and evil, unlike Cyrus and Team Galactic. This makes them more threatening IMO, since their evil is out of choice instead of being influenced by a seemingly mental or emotional defect.

Team Magma, Aqua and Plasma for other similar reasons are mainly just the cliched fantasy bad guys which are quite laughable.

I mean Aqua is way "scarier" than Magma, number one, they all look like pirates, number three They're trying to drown land in a lot of rain, that's just horrible. D: But no matter what... rocket will always be the "scariest" because they're just a bunch of crooks who steals your friends :C

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The Galactic Bomb drop on Lake Valor was not an act of great pomp, they did it in order to expose the underwater cave in which Azelf hid. After they exposed the Lake Valor cave, the ~special~ connection between the three also revealed the caves at Lake Acuity and the other one. It was essential to Team Galactic's aim.

Looking at Bulbapedia, I believe you got that from the anime, which I'm not familiar with. I do know that in the Pokemon Special manga thingus, it was a case of Cyrus's favoritism that he dropped the bomb on Saturn's lake, as he had told his Commanders that he'd drop the Galactic Bomb on one of their lakes, and they were all excited about and such.

rocket will always be the "scariest" because they're just a bunch of crooks who steals your friends :C

The only evil team in the main games who doesn't this is Magma/Aqua (arguably).

Grey Wind

Looking at Bulbapedia, I believe you got that from the anime, which I'm not familiar with.
He's half right. In the games, they blew up the lake to get to Azelf's cave at the bottom (apparently exploding means draining now). The whole Lake Valor fiasco never really made sense anyway, it was really just a hey lets make them blow up something to look evil. The fact that Azelf's cave is visible afterwards was bizarre, because it was said to be underwater beforehand.

As for the topic at hand, I don't think any of the villainous teams were that scary. Galactic, Aqua and Magma had the most dangerous goals, but they were a tad crazy. Cyrus was completely nuts, but I suppose it added to his character and made him more fearsome.

Aqua and Magma were laughable in all honesty. Their goals made literally no sense. They even seemed to realise how ludicrous they were being at the end of it all, their reactions were really just holy shit what have I done.

Plasma were the most interesting and best handled IMO, but they weren't really that scary. They seemed more 'real' in the sense that they didn't want to destroy the world they were living on (I'm looking at you Aqua).

I honestly can't remember what Team Rocket's goal was. They just seemed to be doing random deeds of misfortune around Kanto until they were stopped. They were very gangster-ish, so I suppose that made them sort of scary.

I'd have to say Galactic were the most threatening overall. Cyrus' misanthropic and all round mental personality seemed the most frightening to me.

Geekachu

I think pirates are jovial folk who enjoy a bottle of rum.

Looking at Bulbapedia, I believe you got that from the anime, which I'm not familiar with. I do know that in the Pokemon Special manga thingus, it was a case of Cyrus's favoritism that he dropped the bomb on Saturn's lake, as he had told his Commanders that he'd drop the Galactic Bomb on one of their lakes, and they were all excited about and such.

It was kind of the gist that I had gathered from the games, since I'm not too familiar with the Galactic arc in the DP series either. I also figured that Lake Valor was struck first because Lake Verity's too much of a sentimental location and Lake Acuity was essential to come last for plot devices an' all. Either way, they still caused a mighty ruckus.

sharkdude5

Master of Chaos
Team Galactic

Team Galactic, becuase they were attempting to destroy and remake the universe, and destroying the universe is worse than what the others tried.