• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Under-Used/Under-Rated/Forgotten 1st Generation Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, at the time of the 1st Generation's dominance over the masses eariler in time, children in many nations would brag over their Charizard or Mewtwo. And even in to the 2nd and 3rd Generations, many first Generation Pokemon would fly under the radar, despite their usefulness and overall "coolness". What Generation Pokemon were never used by the series' target age group? What Pokemon would seldom be seen in peoples In-Game or in their competitive parties? What's your top 5 Opinion for Underused/Underated/Forgotten 1st Generation Pokemon ?

My Top Five (in no order):
Victreebell
Tangela
Kadabra
Kakuna
Kingler

And yours?

Flaaffy_Fan

PKMN Trainer
All these Pokemon were basically forgotton, and never made it in to many teams... (no order):
Farfetch'd
Beedrill
Kingler
Raticate
Wigglytuff

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Porygon is the most under rated pokemon. It never appeared in the cartoon series in the english version.

You do know of the whole tihng in Japan that caused all those siezures becasue of the original running of the Porygon episode that got banned don't you?

Regardless, Porygon and it's evo's are really very good.

Kingler/Krabby
Tangela
Farfetch'd
Yanma/Piloswine/Corsola

Seriously, I saw Kingler the other and realized I had forgot about it.

Fire leaf

Flame Burner
Drowzee
Hypno
Muk
Raticate (sucks)

I think those three were really not featured in teams much, but i like Muk

Xception

Ok, at the time of the 1st Generation's dominance over the masses eariler in time, children in many nations would brag over their Charizard or Mewtwo. And even in to the 2nd and 3rd Generations, many first Generation Pokemon would fly under the radar, despite their usefulness and overall "coolness". What Generation Pokemon were never used by the series' target age group? What Pokemon would seldom be seen in peoples In-Game or in their competitive parties? What's your top 5 Opinion for Underused/Underated/Forgotten 1st Generation Pokemon ?

My Top Five (in no order):
Victreebell
Tangela
Kadabra
Kakuna
Kingler

And yours?

Whoa there ... how do you figure KADABRA was forgotten?

Tons of people used Kadabra because they didn't have the means or the resources to trade to get an Alakazam, but Kadabra was still extremely powerful.

As for me though ... Paras and Parasect were probably used very rarely ...

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
Raticate was an old favourite for me, though I don't recall it ever being big in competitive play.

Francesc

Natsu no Maboroshi
Raticate and Pidgeot, IMO

Pokemon__

Bucephalus
The first Pokemon you catch and their evolutions, like Butterfree, Beedrill, Raticate, and Fearow. They are good when people give them a chance.

_Hikari_

You do know of the whole tihng in Japan that caused all those siezures becasue of the original running of the Porygon episode that got banned don't you?

Regardless, Porygon and it's evo's are really very good.

Kingler/Krabby
Tangela
Farfetch'd
Yanma/Piloswine/Corsola

Seriously, I saw Kingler the other and realized I had forgot about it.

Lol Corsola isn't really forgotten, it was basicly the only pokemon Misty used in the Johto;222;

Lol, I forget about some of these
Raticate
Persian
Lickitung
Beedrill
Dewgong..

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
How about........

.....Arbok?

Bonsly is pimp

I AM SO PARALYZED
um I'd say

Kingler
Raticate
Tangela
Farfetch'd
Beedrill

Definatly most of the 2nd Tier.... Who's honestly used much of them?

Overall........Farfetch'd gets my vote

Female Steelix

A Female Steelix
Zubat
Tenticool

Well everyone hates them anyway after becoming the most common pokemon in every single gen. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.