• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Under-Used/Under-Rated/Forgotten 1st Generation Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlyFox

Warlord Pokemaster.
I'd go as far to say Cloyster was very under-rated... the same could be said for Wigglytuff?

Wigglytuff played a pivotal part in my conquering of Kanto in Yellow, but was ditched eventually for the immense Taurus.

TSF ;000;.

Dissolute

Zubat was the most underrated/underused in my opinion.

Espeon Eyes

Watching you
Poor Zubat... I'm trying to level one up right now. It's pretty good when you're up against a lot of grass types.

Bugger

Bug Catcher
Someone sait it, Zubat is an NFE pokémon, talk about Golbat or Fully evolved Pokémon

I think a very Unrated pokémon was Pinsir, if Game Freak could give him a strong Bug type Attack he would be a very destructive pokémon, the game plot would change, Pscychic pokémon could have some problems with him, his attack is quite strong...

Other Unrated pokémon is Tangela, the Second pokémon in the game to resist Ground attacks (shared with Exeggutor).

Dugtrio, Farfetch'd, Kingler, Jynx, Butterfree, Tauros. These are those in my mind at the moment.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Fearow and Farfetch'd are the two I can think of.

Top 5
Farfetch'd
Ditto
Caterpie
Weedle
Tauros

you never see trainers using them..

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Furret and Raticate were fun to use for in-game play, but they never made it big, sadly u_u

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
zubat
tentacrul
tangala
pinser
psyduck

The Fad

Banned
Whoa there ... how do you figure KADABRA was forgotten?

Tons of people used Kadabra because they didn't have the means or the resources to trade to get an Alakazam, but Kadabra was still extremely powerful.

As for me though ... Paras and Parasect were probably used very rarely ...

Hey! I have a Parasect. Mainly since the first grass pkmn I ever came across was Paras and I needed it for Cerulean Gym(Even Though it fainted while battling Starmie and had to Beat Misty with Charmeleon)

Top 5:
Clefable
Persian
Golduck
Exeggutor
Tangela

People, Zubat and Tentacool are both NFEs (Not Fully Evolved) Pokemon. If you're going to list something, at least list the final evolution.

Tangela
Farfetch'd
Wigglytuff
Raichu
Pinsir

All terrible in my opinion.

The Fad said:
Exeggutor

Exeggutor was actually one of the most widly used Pokemon in the 1st Gen. People loved him for his high Special, Defense and great access to moves. That, and its Psychic.

bulb182

I don't think Likitung (sp?) ever got much love :(

then again that might be because its pretty rare

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
I'd say Persian. Actually a brilliant Pokémon. STAB slash on something as fast as Persian is just awesome. Critical hits pretty much every time.

Alloute

Not Banned
Zubat-chan was forgotten, and for good reason, it's evolved form is fugly for sure.

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
Just one word...Tangela....the poor thing has just been remembered beacuse it was given an evo this gen..

Status
Not open for further replies.