• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Under-Used/Under-Rated/Forgotten 1st Generation Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Porygon is the most under rated pokemon. It never appeared in the cartoon series in the english version.

I would also say porygon BUT it HAS appeared in the anime in japan. Except it didn't make it to other regions because of the seizure thing how it hospitalised, i think, 900 japanese kids...

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
Pinsir, Seadra, and Electrode. Has anybody even mentioned Electrode? The poor thing...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pinsir and Voltorb.

They serve no real purpose other than being needed to complete the PokeDex.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Butterfree is hardly ever used. Nor is wigglytuff or clefable. They were real strong bk in the day. I used them loads of times. Don't really see pidgeot used anymore either.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Ninetail, Porygon and Farfetch'd.

Sprintking

Pinsir and Voltorb.

They serve no real purpose other than being needed to complete the PokeDex.

Aww c'mon, Pinsir isn't half bad(In this gen at least)

Anyways, My top 5:
Pinsir
Lickitung
Tangela
Mr. Mime
Golbat

Eevee_Slugma

Vileplume
Poliwrath
Dugtrio
Magneton (I guess with Magnezone in the game, it's a bit more attention.)

Last edited:

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Victreebel, Sandslash, Farfetch'd, Nidoran, Wigglytuff, only to name a few. :(

I like Pikachu

Porygon. It was banned from the anime.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Poliwrath or Dewgong. By the time you could catach them, you already had a water type.

Even though it's one of my favorites to use competitively, I hardly ever see a Clefable in battles. It's a very useful pokemon.

Moonbeam 587

Ditto Trainer
I have a binder literally EXPLODING with forgotten and underused cards.
A few are
Sableye
Luvdisk
Happiny
Bulbasaur wasn't nessicarilly forgotten; but it did get boring. Pokemon is kind of fading away.. AND DOES ANYONE HAVE A KOGA'S DITTO?!

RichRI322

Arcanine.

He's a forgotten legendary and learns all the powerful fire type moves by decent levels.

col_serra

<------ is hot!
ditto
pigeot screw starapter

SonOfASubmariner

GIRUGAMESH!
Farfetch'd. It's a shame it sucked in battle.
The poor thing looked awesome too.

skootskoot

Pokémon RBY Guru
i know a lot of people like electrode for being the fastest pokemon in gen 1 woot. and magikarp was used a lot because everyone wanted gyarados. magikarp is in the same boat as abra.
i haven't seen too many people use pinsir, though, or rapidash or tentacruel or dodrio or muk or lickitung or farfetchd or omastar, in general. this isn't to say they are never used.
in my opinion, raticate is under appreciated. he's one of the earliest pokemon you can get with rattata and one of the most fun. super fang takes down half an enemy's hp, which is super awesome (and useful for capturing legendaries).

Status
Not open for further replies.