1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most Underated Sport.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by \Mightyena/, Apr 10, 2011.

1. \Mightyena/

\Mightyena/ Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the most underated sport out there would be Badminton. Those who play it know how fun it can be, and most people just shrugg it off because they have bad hand-eye co-ordination.

2. Pseudo-Unlegendary

Pseudo-Unlegendary I be an Exotic One

Well yeah, badminton is fun, but it isn't even their coordination, you won't get a lot of respect when your ball is called a birdie, better known and mocked as a shuttlecock (apparently I can't underline a certain part of said word without it getting censored, but you get what I mean). Just sayin.

3. Peter Quill

Peter Quill star-lord

It's a lot more physically demanding than you'd expect too.

4. \Mightyena/

\Mightyena/ Well-Known Member

Soo much so. But yes, it's technical name is a Shuttlecock. I don't see why theres anything wrong with that unless your very immature.

And yes it is very physically demanding. My legs are still aching from 3 1/2 hours on thursday.

5. Slick

Slick Banned

I've played it, and while yes, it is fun, there's a reason a lot don't like it.

6. giratina hates shaymin

giratina hates shaymin OVER 9000!!!!

mud wrestling

giratina

7. Electric

Electric Well-Known Member

Cross country.

While everyone is at Friday night football games having fun, we are sleeping in bed :/

But the Saturday morning runs are the best! Also people think we're gay for some reason, when were not.

8. Hammerheart

Hammerheart Son of Wōden

Living in England, I'm going to say Basketball. It seems we have a league of some sort, but you never hear about it.

9. metagrody6

metagrody6 COMO UN JEFE

Ping Pong/Table Tennis

10. Witchan

Witchan Shauntal, FTW!

I'd say tennis.

11. Nancel

Nancel Nobodylovesorus

I'm surprised no one has said horseback riding yet.
    So many people just consider it a hobby, when it's an actual olympic sport, you know?

And, there's also the misconception that the horse does all of the work, and that it's not at all difficult or something you need to practice to be good at.
    Some think you can just hop on a horse and gallop off into the sunset, and then that's riding. Bahaha.

12. Dragoniteftw

Dragoniteftw SWAGONITE

I say F1 racing or any motorsport, its not underrated by the true fans, but people who are not into it say its not physical and shouldn't be a sport/ boring to watch etc.

but the amount of fitness drivers need to have is amazing, it defiantly needs more appreciation

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  13. Pinsirius

Pinsirius Sentimental Fool ;)

Clearly the depth of underrated sports is too great, I was almost going to say hockey, but badminton and all things equestrian both trounce it. Rugby deserves a mention.

Interesting that Basketball is present but nigh non-existent in England, even if that's something I would guess.

14. badmanjaro

badmanjaro In pokemon your.....

I would say badminton. It's endless hitting the ball into the air and requires like absolutely no skill. Now for real skill tennis is the real thing to play. You aim use power,etc.

15. Paradoxe

Paradoxe not actually psychic

Does anybody here play Ultimate?

And for the n00bs, that's Ultimate Frisbee.

16. cookies kill you

cookies kill you Like a boss

with out a doubt squash

17. SnowyPiplup

SnowyPiplup Aren't I ADORABLE?

Lol, I'd say Ultimate Frisbee. xD

18. )WisP(

)WisP( Graceful as the wind

Mountain biking, and yes, it's a sport. There's a world champs for downhill, red bull rampage and quite a lot more smaller events, and it can be done most places.

19. Whimsicott

Whimsicott Well-Known Member

I would have to say Volleyball :I

20. EzzPeon

EzzPeon just a passerby

Frisbee-Golf ;D

No srsly, I'd say badminton. Most people (or at least where I live) see it as something you only do at the beach or when you're on a vacation, just for the fun.
    When I told someone I had lessons they'd laugh. But meh, I guess there are better sports to suit this thread. I like tennis better though, and I quitted badminton a long time ago. But it involves more skill than people think.
    Ping-Pong too.