• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most underrated character of all time!

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Counterpart for the other thread.
For me, it's Cilan!!

Genaller

Silver Soul
Over here: Ash-Greninja, Serena and XY in general is extremely underrated.

Genaller

Silver Soul
You mean overrated.
For me the entire BW is underrated
BW is an unforgivable show that breaks the continuity of the entire anime. XY is a show that tries to salvage that dumpster fire and does a great job at it (though people here seem to drastically under appreciate it); however, unfortunately SM came along and decided to create a furnace engulfing the anime in a raging despair inducing inferno. I recommend you don’t try getting into a debate with me unless you can properly back up your points.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ash’s Greninja is the most underrated character. Poor thing got barely any screen time thanks to Noivern getting all the wins so it’s often forgotten. Did you know the AshGreninja form was only added out of pity? In USUM, the player can catch any Pokèmon from Ash’s XYZ team: Pikachu, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra, & Noivern. They pitied Greninja so they gave him his form in game but was isolated with the SM demo. Poor thing was probably #721 in Japan’s popularity poll

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Iris, corphsh, sceptile, snivy, quilava are underrated characters.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Tracey for sure.
He's disliked by many but at least he had an actual goal and is working on it.

Didn't Tracey accomplished his?

Mallow hands down
]

It took till episode 108, but she stood out as a decent character for me! It made some of her past episodes connect. Granted, she still is my least favorite of the SM cast, but now she isn't my second least favorite anymore.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mallow 100%!
Cilan
Snivy
Nando
Torracat, nobody ever talks about him. Always Rowlet or Lycanroc
And let's not forget Palpitoad, Ash's best Water type!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Over here: Ash-Greninja, Serena and XY in general is extremely underrated.
tbh, over here for the most part it's well rated, with 4 or so users underrating it (though admittedly being very vocal about it), and 1 or 2 overrating it, but mostly balanced otherwise, in youtube it's kinda overrated by many though.
Anyways, gible and sophocles are easily among the most underrated ashmons/companions respectively, clemont too, everyone forgot about him sadly, even though he's a top tier companion

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
BW is an unforgivable show that breaks the continuity of the entire anime. XY is a show that tries to salvage that dumpster fire and does a great job at it (though people here seem to drastically under appreciate it); however, unfortunately SM came along and decided to create a furnace engulfing the anime in a raging despair inducing inferno. I recommend you don’t try getting into a debate with me unless you can properly back up your points.
How can you debate a matter of opinions? Liking XY/BW and hating XY/BW is left to the viewers interpretation. You can’t debate XY isn’t overrated or that BW isn’t underrated.

Anyway I choose Clemont, Iris, Bianca and Lillie

Genaller

Silver Soul
How can you debate a matter of opinions? Liking XY/BW and hating XY/BW is left to the viewers interpretation. You can’t debate XY isn’t overrated or that BW isn’t underrated.
That guy responded to me first. Also BW contradicting the rest of the anime till then on several lvls is an objective fact. Whether you choose to like it despite this is your own perogative.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
People pretending BW did not happen after DP is so hilarious. No matter what one's head canon may be, BW is DP's only and true successor despite all its inconsistencies towards past series.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Lol I mean XY was just as bad if not worse at messing with the continuity.

So this is a weird one but Weekend Warrior was literally one of the best episodes ever for me and it was all because of the character of the week, Jeremy. So that's my pick for most underrated.