1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most underrated Gen III Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Quilava42, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quilava42

Quilava42 Blazing Flowers

What do you think is the most underrated Gen III Pokemon that deserves to be acknowledged? For me, it's Grumpig. I mean, that thing is a great wall and is a defensive Pokemon, I used one in Emerald and it was very strong and defensive. But no one uses it rather than Gardevior.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Aggron. Dat attack/defence. And it can learn a wide variety of moves, such as Ice Beam, SolarBeam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Rush, Stealth Rock, Superpower, Surf, Rock Polish (all in Gen V, but it's good in Gen III too)... and Heavy Slam is devastating coming from Aggron.

However, its weaknesses to Fighting and Ground make it pretty much unusable. I have an affinity for Pokemon with crippling 4X weaknesses though, so Aggron is one of my favorites.

3. Quilava42

Quilava42 Blazing Flowers

I noticed that people use Aggron less and less often in the metagames. That's sad. Oh yeah, not to mention Shiftry. The high speed and Whirlwind could really help.

4. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

roselia, power to the grass types!

5. WastingLight

WastingLight Well-Known Member

Banette (might of spelled it wrong), turned out to be one of my strongest Pokemon in gen 3 once it had evolved from shuppet

6. kryptonite krunch

kryptonite krunch The Poisonous Ninja

Exploud. I'm currently going through the Battle Tower and he's usually the MVP of the match. Good all-around attack stats and good movepool to complement them. STAB Return w/ Silk Scarf puts a hurting on anything that doesn't resist or is immune to it.

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Kecleon and Huntail in my opinion. I used Kecleon during the main storyline in Ruby version and it was pretty reliable; it wasn't just an HM slave, which is what Normal-types usually are. I used Huntail on my Battle Tower team in Sapphire version, and I noticed that it was slightly more reliable than other Water-types like Milotic and Gyarados.

8. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

Naw, even if I had chosen Treecko as my partner, I still went in to capture a Seedot to evolve it to Shiftry :D
    I think Shiftry is underrated <.> Like you said it has a high speed that made it awesome :3

9. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

Swalot and Linoone. Especially Linnone w/ flail and shadow ball.

10. Jacobthepokemonfreak

Jacobthepokemonfreak Fly it all away!

Wailord when NOT a HM slave, Relicanth......solrock, lunatone and chimecho.

who uses these?

11. Maware

Maware Active Member

Huntail and Gorebyss. But nobody probably used those just because they were impossible to get unless they had two GBAs at home...

12. Iris Mist

Iris Mist Hylian Princess

I'm using Lairon right now, will be Aggron in about 6 levels :) I'm also using a Torkoal on my team, which seems pretty underrated as well.

13. Rakansen

Rakansen Dowser

Even before I clicked on this thread, I also thought Grumpig was pretty underrated! I think one of the reasons people overlook it is because it never even used by any trainer, whereas for Gardevoir Wally was using it. I don't know, it sounds like a weird hypothesis, but I guess if an NPC actually used it, some people would be more aware of it.

14. empoleon49

empoleon49 Dawn's number 1 fan™

Wailord is a boss, to bad he is almost always a HM slave. I am not sure about Chimecho, Lunatone or Solrock, always thought of them as useless. Maybe I am just part of the reason you consider them underrated :p

15. EonDragonFTW

EonDragonFTW Well-Known Member

Aggron for reasons already said

16. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

The Regi's are overshadowed by the Weather Trio.

17. CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr Strider: Spider King

Ha, I have a level 100 Aggron and huntail-great pokemon. Hm, maybe sharpedo because of its stats.

18. White_Roar~

White_Roar~ Mother Monster

I think the most underrated Gen III Pokemon is Huntail, I never see it ANYWHERE. That, and I tend to forget about Huntail at times too...

19. Cheez Puf

Cheez Puf Just lurking.

I agree... you don't even see it ingame... which is weird, because with Team Aqua and Wallace/Juan, and all of the swimmer trainers, you think it'd show up somewhere.
    I have no idea how often it pops up competitively, though.

20. razaxx

razaxx Member

Vigoroth: When most people think of the sloth family, they think high stats and Truant.
    I usually take Slakoth when I play though the game, and occasionally I don't evolve it into Slaking, because it keeps good stats without Truant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.