If I remember correctly, I picked staryu, because it had a great movepool. I also remember favoring Ivysaur and Oddish a lot, because I think that they both had Razor Leaf. For a flying type, I think Doduo was my choice, and for electric, I probably chose Electrode, no matter what it's moveset was. Fire= Growlithe or Flareon or Charmander almost every time.
I'd use a bunch of legends or pokemon with OHKO moves like Fissure. x]
I never got past the E4 in the first Stadium and never past Rocket Bridge on Stadium2.
I was so angry when the steel gym leader killed me when flying with swift.
;munchlax;I have emulator and I played Pokémon Stadium 2 a lot
My rental Pokémon are this:
- Wobbuffet - with Mirror Coat and Counter I can defea a 1-2 Pokémons of one trainer
- Zapdos - it knows Thunder and it is the good combination electric/flying
- Aerodactyl - it is fast and it knows Bite, also he knows Ancientpower
- Qwilfish - it knows Sludge Bomb and Hydro Pump, two strong and STAB moves
- Primeape - with Cross Chop and Focus Energy it is able to do a lot of damage
- Kadabra - Psychic, Thunderpunch, hight Speed and Special Attack are what I like on it
These six Pokémon are the ones I have most used as rental Pokémon. Generaly I change my team depending on what gym leader castle I am going into. For example, to beat Elite Four I used a team tottaly different. My real team come from G/S/C, and even on Emulator, passing your team to the N64 has become possible.;026;