• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Useful Pokemon?

Here i would like to hear everybodies input on what they believe are some of the most useful pokemon to train in Fr/Lg, and their reasons for choosing them. I'll start:

Charizard: Even though, i admit, he is a bit of an Over used pokemon, he is a beast of a fire type. Exact same stats as Typhlosion, but has a dual flying type, making him immune to earthquake. He can learn metal claw, and steel wing, which both allow him to take on rock types with at least SOME confidence, plus, he has the coolest looking shiny EVER!

lucario the great one

my pick would be Blastoise.it can learn ice moves to take down grass types and earthquake for firetypes.overall i felt it was quite rewarding(yay,1st post)

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Choosing Charmander is a hard choice due to it being hard to get the first badge since there no pokemon on the way to Pewter that are strong against rock type! Though in the end you get a strong pokemon! CHARDZARD!

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Dugtrio.

I bet each and every one of us who hasn't raised a Geodude has had to pick this guy up to beat Lt. Surge.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Dugtrio.

I bet each and every one of us who hasn't raised a Geodude has had to pick this guy up to beat Lt. Surge.
No, I just beat him with my Charmeleon in that moment, although in the original games I did catch a Dugtrio.

Charizard4Ever

I would have to choose Charizard. Why? He is...
-strong
-capable of learning many different moves like iron tail and solarbeam to handle type disadvantages
-immune to ground moves
-able to learn fly to avoid attacks while still doing damage
-really cool, especially when he's shiny
Therefore Charizard is the most useful Pokemon.

i used charmeleon against surge as well, and used a mankey plus charmeleon to bring down brock.

Another good one, i think, is kadabra (or if you have a friend, alakazam) its viciously fast, and can learn TONS of tm moves. Abusing his speed and special attack make him a great sweeper, especially for Koga

Slappy_Pancake

I'd have to say Alakazam. If you can trade it over from Emerald, it can have Psychic and the three elemental punches. When combined with it's massive special attack stat, it can take down many things in its way.

Pikapwned3

Mr. Pringles
;munchlax;Snorlax! It's a great tank. When not a tank, HYPER BEAM!

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Blastoise because he has good defenses and can learn attacks such as earthquake and ice beam to cover his grass and electric weaknesses. He's an all around good pokemon and he's my favorite.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i used to have a dragonite, it has a big movepool and it's strong too.
it's only bad side is that it's hard to level him up.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Blastoise because he can defend good and can eliminate others.

Blastiose. I had one in FR and It. Is. AWSOME!! (is because I transferred) IT knows:

Surf
Ice Beam
Focus Punch
Substitute

It can counter grass types, and Blastiose just has very good coverage.

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
Parasect cause it makes it much easier to catch pokemon in the wild w spore and false swipe.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Dragonite for me. Diverse movepool and good stats make him the star of my party. It's hard to level him up, though.

homopod

Choosing Charmander is a hard choice due to it being hard to get the first badge since there no pokemon on the way to Pewter that are strong against rock type! Though in the end you get a strong pokemon! CHARDZARD!

Is this really so? You can easily get the first badge with Mankey! Geodude and Onix are very heavy - Mankey gets Low Kick at 7th (or 8th) level - so use it. But the rest is true - Charizard is very strong, this is why I've chosen it as a starter ;328;

poke freak 997

Fire Power House
Gyrados becaue it is immune to ground type moves and because in FR and LG it know half of the possible HMs.