• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Useful Pokemon?

Jolteon because it is great against the elite four, strikes fast and hard, and levels up pretty quickly

Godzola

Smash your mirror.
Jolteon because it is great against the elite four, strikes fast and hard, and levels up pretty quickly

interesting, what move set do you use?

I'd like to contribute, but I got nothing.
I know when I played Red Version waaaaaayyy back in the day,
my Golem ;076; was a beast.
Strength, Dig, a rock move, and... well... something else, I forget... meh, it was well rounded with a team built to cover his weaknesses.

Champion Shirona

Charizard since it will be cool with some of this moves
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Wing Attack

Btw, why less/no people pick Venusaur? My reason is it will be hard time fighting Oddishes since its Grass/poison during the bulba/ivy times

Boomer: what kind of moves? anyway i used vaporeon instead

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
My recent hero at the E4 was suprisingly Magneton, as he soloed Lance and Lorelei somehow. Snorlax was very useful for those pain-in-the-*** Dragonites though.

JQ2ujrx

Burned By Passion
Charizard, Dragonite, and Raichu are all awe-inspiringly awesome and useful.

Surprised I'm the first to mention this one though: Ditto
Whenever I needed a new baby Charmander, Dratini, Pichu, or anything else, I just relied on my Ditto.

Between The Lines Point: Smeazes are useful

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
I read it, and no one mentioned Raticate?

Yeah, the stats are bad, and you can't easily beat the first gym (unlike Squirtle, for instance), but you get the most powerful early game attack (A STABd Hyper Fang) at LEVEL 13! (Which is just after the first gym, in most cases). And even better, it becomes so much more powerful... 7 LEVELS LATER! And as the game goes, and the smaller stat total shows, he gets... Super Fang. Don't want that? Fine, how about Endeavor? (both of which are awesome) Need to hit Ghosts? Shadow ball (which, may I remind you, was Physical). Need a special attack for whatever reason? How about Blizzard?

Raticate owns. It is the games best "Game breaker".

1: Ratacate.
2: Blastoise. (If I put in the other starters, Venusaur would be after Dugtrio, and Charizard would be after Magnaton.)
3: Dugtrio
4: Magnaton (if you've used him, you'd know what I mean)
5: Snorlax

cazatron

starmie. supreme sp atk and speed, pretty good typing and and awesome movepool for excellent coverage

Aura Master

Smell of Success
Alakazam, no arguments there.

Could sweep the league at lv 80. No restores, revives.

Same with Gengar....

Dragonite is a beast...literally...

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Alakazam, no arguments there.

Could sweep the league at lv 80. No restores, revives.

Same with Gengar....

Dragonite is a beast...literally...

You can say that ANY pokemon can sweep the Elite Four at level 80, and the second one at 85 at least. But when Blastoise and Ratacate can defeat the GAME with no revives, well, Alakazam is downplayed. And Gengar (who cannot use STAB in this generation) is worse, especially since it is caught so late. Dragonite... you get it in Celedon IF you are willing to spend much time on it.

I stand by my list. Dragonite may be after Snorlax, but Alakazam (who should only use Psychic) and Gengar are MAYBE top ten, definately top 25.

Aura Master

Smell of Success
Yeah I really overlooked the game...

And Im not talking about beating the game...Im talking about them being good general..

Raticate...Is....

Not a very good Pokemon. ...No...generally....no...I don't see how it's useful.....

At all....

Now back to useful Pokemon...

Heres a variety of a few I used.

-Butterfree
-Gloom
-Haunter

I used these buddys for catching Pokemon with sleep power/hypnosis

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Yeah I really overlooked the game...

And Im not talking about beating the game...Im talking about them being good general..

Raticate...Is....

Not a very good Pokemon. ...No...generally....no...I don't see how it's useful.....

At all....

Now back to useful Pokemon...

Heres a variety of a few I used.

-Butterfree
-Gloom
-Haunter

I used these buddys for catching Pokemon with sleep power/hypnosis

Gary sent out Tyranitaur! Alakazam fainted, as it is unable to do anything to it!

Raticate HAS NO TRUE WALLS ingame. The only pokemon who are decent in the Elite Four, and the only pokemon able to take a hit or two... are the Steelixs (This is assuming your hitting moves are Return/Shadow Ball/Blizzard), and you can have Super fang for a guarunteed 50% damage.

What's that? A level 80 Alakazam? Tyranitaur walls it completely.

EDIT: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlei015gc004kw4?from=Main.Pokemon

Search for Rattata, you'll find it under "Disk 1 Nuke". The whole article is fun to read, but that specifically caught my attention, because it was correct, and I didn't really realise it (Although when I used Rattata, it did really well.)

Last edited:

Aura Master

Smell of Success
Im not talking about Alakazam's anymore.

Im not talking Battle wise pokemon

Im talking about being useful ingame. Though I might say, Raticate is a decent HM slave that can back itself up in battles

Lucille

I had a Poliwrath, and it was decent. I had a Blastoise and beat the entire league with it(LV.60 Moves: Hydro Cannon, Blizzard, Brick Break and Bite)

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
That Blastoise moveset wasn't that good, really. You want something like Surf/Ice Beam/filler (I use Return)/filler (I use EQ or Brick Break). Actually, that moveset can win the whole game for you. And Bite shouldn't be on Blastiose, his Surf does more damage to Psychics.

Lucille

That Blastoise moveset wasn't that good, really. You want something like Surf/Ice Beam/filler (I use Return)/filler (I use EQ or Brick Break). Actually, that moveset can win the whole game for you. And Bite shouldn't be on Blastiose, his Surf does more damage to Psychics.

I needed bite to help beat Agatha.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
That would work... except for the fact that a STABd Surf (95 x 1.5) does more damage than a SE Bite (60 x 2).

D'oh!