• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Useful Pokemon?

Desert Sun

Gross, Agiligross
Marowak with Thick Club is an absolute beast.

Also Blastoise with Protect is very useful in the E4 (Saved my ***** against Lorelei the Secon time as my teamm was able to be completely swept by Lapras until I stalled it out of Thunder).

Charizard isn't that great in-game to be honest. Except for the first time I played through the game I have always dropped Charizard by Silph Co. And no, I am not one of the people whose "ideal" moveset for a Charizard is Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fly.

venra77

Wifi battler
Jolteon with thunder wave is a beast cuz its fast and can criipple the e4

Akashdip

Cascade trainer
Nidoking, no contest
Give it
Thunderbolt (or Thunder)
Flamethrower (or Fire Blast)
Ice beam (or Blizzard)
And Earthquake (or Megahorn)
BUT, it's gonna need high speed to beat Lorelei

Spirst

I am not a crook
When I had my Leaf Green cartridge, I remember Gengar being extremely useful for me. I don't recall the exact moveset though.

Last edited:

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Nidoking, no contest
Give it
Thunderbolt (or Thunder)
Flamethrower (or Fire Blast)
Ice beam (or Blizzard)
And Earthquake (or Megahorn)
BUT, it's gonna need high speed to beat Lorelei

with such physical power and so weak special power... I don't think that's the best moveset. but I like the BoltBeamThrower combo, specially on Dragonite (who suffers the same problem as Nidoking but has a higher special attack than Nidoking).

but Marowak with Thick Club is my choise

Champion Shirona

Lol last time when i was a noob i got Nidoking these
Surf
Mega Kick
MegaHorn/Earthquake
???? <forgot

He was only good for Story

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
Dragonite seems like a good user

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Dragon claw
??? whatever else

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Dragonite seems like a good user

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Dragon claw
??? whatever else

OK. I just used Dragonite, and I have to ask: What the heck do you think you're doing? He has a 134 base attack, and a base 100 special attack... which, while it is good, really is outdone by Attack. This is the moveset I used, and while it MIGHT not be the best, it certainly is up there.

Return (It is his most powerful option. Much more powerful than special Outrage).
Wing Attack (PP, and the STAB helps sometimes. Weaker than Return.)
Brick Break (Better than EQ ingame, as it hits the Elite Four more powerfully).
Fire Blast (No use for a Dragon move other than Lance, but this kills Steelix.)

I GUESS you could use Flamethrower or Ice Beam in the fourth slot, but the first three should be standard.

(Oh, by the way, STABd Super Effective Dragon Claw hits Lances Dragonites about as well as a full powered Return.)

Eleking196

Senior Trainer
Pikachu, unbelievably.

I was surprised as to how long I kept the little guy in my party througout my journey through the Kanto region!

From the moment I caught him in the Viridian Forest to Evolving him into Raichu before entering the Indigo League, I had Pikachu in my party.

No wonder Ash always keeps him around in the anime.

Torpoleon

Well, I think my whole Leaf Green team, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Nidoqueen, Victreebel, Flareon and Hitmonlee, are my useful Pokémon in Leaf Green.

Raphee27

a long long time ago...i had a raichu that was really awesome because i traded my yellow version pikachu to my red and made it evolve. When i traded it back i stomped everything in my path! it knew thunder, thunderbolt, body slam(for the ground types), and something else i cant put my finger on. Marowak was amazing at the time too, with mine knowing blizzard and bonemerang.
by the way what is STAB?

Last edited:

Nana

I'm not going to lie... My LG team was weak haha :p I'd say my Jolteon or Dragonair. Jolteon was fastest and EV-trained, whereas Dragonair had the most varied movepool.

silversymbol

<----Hunting
I definitely think it's Starmie because it can learn a wide variety of special attacks (including BoltBEam) and a the fact that it can heal itself with recover. It also has great SpA and speed