• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most useless/worst Pokemon moves (asides from Splash)

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
This thread is for discussing what you think is the worst, or the most useless, Pokemon moves of all time. You can also provide an explanation as to why they are the most useless or the worst Pokemon moves of all time.

And before you try it, I don't want to see a million posts saying "Splash" because that move is meant to have no purpose anyway.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I could never find a use for quash. maybe for payback? I really don't know.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Quash is definitely a useless move. After You is as well. I'd never even consider teaching these to my Pokemon. I also think that Defog is pretty bad as, while it removes entry hazards from your side, it removes any entry hazards on your opponent's side as well however it does have some use unlike the other moves I metioned.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Bestow is pretty dumb, especially in competitive play cuz wht pokemon would not hold an item
I also dont really lik Struggle Bug

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Probably the weak starting moves, like Tackle/Scratch/Pound/Ember/Vine Whip/Thunder Shock, seeing as how they're outclassed by their more powerful counterparts.

Memento. Its not worth it ... at all!

People usually run it on something like dual screens Uxie to switch in their next 'mon and let it set up without having it take damage; it works pretty well.

I also think that Defog is pretty bad as, while it removes entry hazards from your side, it removes any entry hazards on your opponent's side as well

That's why you set up your hazards after using the move, not before.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The signature move Lands Wrath.

It's a worse Earthquake of all things.

Well...at least it doesn't hurt your partners in Doubles/Triples, right? That's better than nothing.

I'm going to have to say Quash. Even in Doubles/Triples, there's hardly a reason to bother with it. The benefits of using Quash are minimal, and it's a waste of a moveslot.

Oh, and Gen 6 Water Gun. It's outclassed by Bubble now in every single way possible. Unless you don't want to hit multiple opponents in a Multi battle.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
The signature move Lands Wrath.

A few of the Gen VI moves actually do suck. Rototiller, for example. The point of the move is to raise the power of all Grass-type moves on the field. The thing is, though, a lot of the Pokemon that can learn Rototiller are weak to Grass, so I can see it in my eyes as a suicidal attempt.

For me, Land's Wrath is quite a good move. Zygarde has higher Attack than Sp. Attack, so it's worth running that move over Dragon Pulse.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Yeah, Quash is relatively useless, even in doubles.

Snatch. I guess it does have some uses, but they're so situational and don't do much otherwise.

On Murkrow, Prankster Quash can force slower Pranksters and non-Pranksters to go last, which is particularly useful against support Pokémon like Amoongus who can cause trouble. Doubles only of course.

BTW, Constrict.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
A few of the Gen VI moves actually do suck. Rototiller, for example. The point of the move is to raise the power of all Grass-type moves on the field. The thing is, though, a lot of the Pokemon that can learn Rototiller are weak to Grass, so I can see it in my eyes as a suicidal attempt.

It could work in a triple battle team built around grass types (not sure why anyone would, but hey).

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

It raises the Attack and Special Attack stats of Grass-type Pokemon; it has nothing do with Grass moves.

It's very obviously intended as a move for Doubles and Triples, where you can have one Pokemon set up Rototiller and a Grass-type Pokemon attack on the same turn.

TheGreaterLucario

Celebrate.

It's literally Splash with a different name.

Actually it's worse than Splash. At least with Splash, the Pokemon at least tries to attack. With Celebrate, it doesn't even try- it just wishes you a happy birthday!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've never been fond of water sport or mud sport. At least now I know they have a team effect, but really, 90% of the pokemon that learn it, it's useless on themselves. I mean, goldeen, really, water sport? It laughs in the face of fire moves.