• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most violent Arc? *Potential Spoilers*

Most violent saga?

• OS - Original Series

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • OI - Orange Island

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AG - Advanced Generation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AG - Battle Frontier

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • DP - Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • BW - Best Wishes Season 1

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
What do you think is the most violent saga in Pokemon Anime's history?

My view is on DP as being the most violent. It featured speed-death (Hunter J), pokemon abuse (Paul) and is almost 2/3 as violent as PokeSpecial. Of course, the anime would never go that far, but DP was the closest to PokeSpe as far as I'm concerned.

Do you agree? Or do you think another saga takes your place as most violent saga ever? Discuss.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
DP had Pokehunter J, and she alone was more violent than any other villain in the series. But the Galactic episodes were good too, Mars threatened to blow up Iron Island while Ash's group was still there for example.

I can't say BW yet because Plasma hasn't debuted, but Giovanni trying to kill Ash was nice.

JD

Definitely Diamond and Pearl. Even a few of the battles were pretty intense the Ash vs Paul Battle at Lake Acuity.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Diamond and Pearl had some violent scenes dealing with bad guys, but BW had it's fair share of violence as well, like the Litwick Mansion (and that was supposed to be a funny filler xD), Iris getting bit by Hydreigon...I'm sure there are others I forgot lol. But I voted for BW. DP's violence didn't cut it for me. It felt like it was trying to be big and bad, but fell short. BW IMO has a nice mixture so it doesn't feel too corny.

Latiken

DP. It's not the darkest saga, but it did have the most violence.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I went went with DP. It had a lot more violence then the previous arcs. Between Pokemon Hunter J and Team Galactic, who I felt were the most evil team there was, it's kind of hard not to pick DP.

DP, IMO, was the most violent arc.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Diamond and Pearl.

The Riolu Arch was pretty intense. It's one of the most notable examples of Ash intentionally hurting a Pokemon (kicking Drapion in the eye because it was trying to break his spine) and ordering his Pokemon to attack a human (Starvia tagging one of the poachers during the climax). He's ordered that before, but the way it was portrayed in the arch made it seem like the most serious of business.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Defiantly the Diamond & Pearl series! Paul's an abusive jerk... That alone answers the competition.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Diamond and Pearl is definitely the most violent series imo and my favorite series because of all the intense, plot driven moments it had.

Satoshi101

The whole Meloetta-Team Rocket thing in BWS@ thing was quite voilent. First, you have Giovanni telling imprisoned Ash "Surrender Meloetta or I'll kill you!". Then you have JJM pushing Giovanni off the cliff when he goes nuts. This, to me, is quite extreme. However, it's not as bad as that banned Safari Zone episode in the Original series when the warden says "SHUT UP! Do you want to get shot?!". Now that was the most extreme moment in the history of the anime. I don't even see how the Japanese allowed that to be on a freaking kids anime.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
It's because the Japanese (and most of the world) have different perceptions on what a " Kid's show " is.

In fact, the United States was the same way until about 30 years ago.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
DP. Although I definitely don't find any of the arcs violent at all, DP is as close as it's gonna get. Between Pokemon Hunter J and Team Galactic, it's hard not to pick it.

BW did have some violence in it, with Giovanni using Ash and Pikachu against Meloetta.

Janovy

Banned
Lol, 22 votes for DP. Well, it obviously was. xD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
DP mostly because of Hunter J. It's a shame that she had to leave us; she truly was a breath of fresh air. On that note, I'm shocked that OS has only two votes; have we all forgotten the guns and the many occasions where physical violence was shown (usually among TR)?

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
DP mostly because of Hunter J. It's a shame that she had to leave us; she truly was a breath of fresh air. On that note, I'm shocked that OS has only two votes; have we all forgotten the guns and the many occasions where physical violence was shown (usually among TR)?

Exactly what i was thinking.
The OS was more serious in some ways. Nowadays you won't see guns in Pokemon.
And i don't know if this counts as "violent" but the St. Anne arc where Ash and Co. are presumed dead and given a maritime funeral it's a little bit of an odd moment that in current times just wouldn't make it to any of the current seasons. How about attacking a Pokemon with a Bazooka or said Pokemon destroying a entire city??
Oh! And don't forget Sabrina turning them into dolls just so she could play with them or throwing them a ball that almost crushed them.
Primeape giving a beating to Ash and Team Rocket. Or that Ghastly who almost made Brock and James fell off a ledge.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

D/P series for me, Hunter J and Paul made this series feel so much darker than the others.

NeoDude-5000

Diamond and Pearl was definitely the darkest arc for me, but when Episode N airs that will take the crown as the most violent arc I think