• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Wanted Unused Type Combo?

NeedsAName

As only a few type combinations are left, which one do you most want to see? You can also say how you would solve that type combo, but that's not mandatory. The remaining type combinations are:
  • Bug+Dark: Weak to Bug, Fairy, Fire, Flying, Rock; resists Dark, Ghost, Grass, Ground; immune to Psychic
  • Bug+Dragon: Weak to Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Ice, Rock; Resists Electric, Fighting, Grass (x0.25), Ground, Water; immune to none
  • Bug+Normal: Weak to Fire, Flying, Rock; resists Grass, Ground; immune to Ghost
  • Electric+Fighting: Weak to Fairy, Ground, Psychic; resists Bug, Dark, Electric, Rock, Steel; immune to none
  • Fairy+Fighting: Weak to Fairy, Flying, Poison, Psychic, Steel; resists Bug (x0.25), Dark (x0.25), Fighting, Rock; immune to Dragon
  • Fairy+Fire: Weak to Ground, Poison, Rock, Water; resists Bug (x0.25), Dark, Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel; immune to Dragon
  • Fairy+Ground: Weak to Grass, Ice, Steel, Water; resists Bug, Dark, Fighting, Rock; immune to Dragon, Electric
  • Fighting+Ground: Weak to Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water; resists Bug, Dark, Poison, Rock (x0.25); immune to Electric
  • Fire+Grass: Weak to Flying, Poison, Rock; resists Electric, Fairy, Grass (x0.25), Steel; immune to none
  • Ghost+Normal: Weak to Dark; resists Bug, Poison; immune to Fighting, Ghost, Normal
  • Ghost+Rock: Weak to Dark, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water; resists Bug, Fire, Flying, Poison (x0.25); immune to Normal
  • Ice+Normal: Weak to Fighting (x4), Fire, Rock, Steel; resists Ice; immune to Ghost
  • Ice+Poison: Weak to Fire, Ground, Psychic, Rock, Steel; resists Bug, Fairy, Grass, Ice, Poison; immune to none
  • Normal+Poison: Weak to Ground, Psychic; resists Bug, Fairy, Grass, Poison; immune to Ghost
  • Normal+Rock: Weak to Fighting (x4), Grass, Ground, Steel, Water; resists Fire, Flying, Normal, Poison; immune to Ghost
  • Normal+Steel: Weak to Fighting (x4), Fire, Ground; resists Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel; immune to Poison
  • Poison+Psychic: Weak to Dark, Ghost, Ground; resists Fairy, Fighting (x0.25), Grass, Poison; immune to none
  • Poison+Steel: Weak to Fire, Ground (x4); resists Bug (x0.25), Dragon, Fairy (x0.25), Flying, Grass (x0.25), Ice, Normal, Rock, Steel; immune to Poison

My personal vote would be Fire/Fairy, hopefully as the final evolution of a Fire-type bull calf starter

EDIT 10/28/21: You can cross out Ghost+Normal and Poison+Psychic

Last edited:

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I like the Poison/Steel idea, since it reminds me of machines (such as robots) as well as radioactivity. Could be great for a new mechanic Pokémon.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I kinda wanted the Kyurem forms to be Fire-Ice and Electric-Ice. Since we had so many dragons already, and Kyurem seemed to symbolise opposing forces being in balance. Although we did eventually get an electric ice.
Fairy/Fire is the one I want most though. As some kind of will-o-the-wisp, or sprite. It would be an interesting offensive typing too, as a fairy that can blast steel types and a fire type that can threaten dragons.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
As @NeedsAName said, it seems like all the possible type combos have already been done, but there still some unused ones left, which could make for some interesting Pokémon. I've always wanted a Grass/Fire type, possibly being based on forest fires or charcoal. It could pummel those pesky Rock, Ground, Water and Bug types.

I kinda wanted the Kyurem forms to be Fire-Ice and Electric-Ice. Since we had so many dragons already, and Kyurem seemed to symbolise opposing forces being in balance. Although we did eventually get an electric ice.

At least we did get Fire/Ice with Galarian Darmanitan. I think that type combo was one people have been wanting for a long time, possibly in a reference to A Song of Ice and Fire. :D

Electric/Fighting sounds interesting, so I'd like to see that type combination in the future.

I've always felt that Electivire and Zeraora should've been Electric/Fighting, since they can learn some punching moves like Thunder Punch, and Zeraora's signature move is called Plasma Fists. I think that would make them weak to Flying though.

Last edited:

NeedsAName

I've always felt that Electivire and Zeraora should've been Electric/Fighting, since they can learn some punching moves like Thunder Punch, and Zeraora's signature move is called Plasma Fists. I think that would make them weak to Flying though.

Nope. Electric resists Flying, so an Electric/Fighting-type takes neutral damage from Flying moves.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ghost/Normal has the chance of being really inventive

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Fairy/Fire and Fairy/Ground are both fantastic combinations that haven't been used yet. I'd like to see either or both of them in a future game, preferably backed up by some good stats and movepools to make use of those typings.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What about Bug/Dark? I could see it as a literal assassin bug who uses the darkness as their hiding place to strike out at their unsuspecting victims. This is an assassin bug:

Assassin-Bug-5-650x425.jpg

It uses its proboscis (mouthpiece) to suck the blood out of its prey, so it could learn things like Leech Life.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I think all type combos should be done eventually but out of the ones that Game freak has never touched I think Ghost/Rock is the one I'd like to see the most. I thought Runerigus should've been Ghost/Rock instead of Ground/Ghost but whatever. :p

Maybe it could be a fossil, since fossils are literally dead creatures in rocks? :p