• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Wanted Unused Type Combo?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Steel/Poison is a type combination I've wanted since 2010, but it still hasn't happened. Literally, Metlan was a wasted opportunity. I should have been a Steel/Poison type, but they just made it pure Steel instead.I'm hoping generation 9 gives us one already. It's always gonna be my most desired unused type combination until it happens.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Dragon/Bug is the one type combo that I think GF should've done a long time ago just look at Flygon it could've easily passed for that typing because it's based on an antlion.

Flygon is the one that always trips everyone up. Is it Bug/Dragon? Is it Flying/Dragon? Is it Ground/Flying? Nope, it's Ground/Dragon. (The "gon" part does make sense, at least.)

NeedsAName

It’s a Bug/Dragon/Flying/Ground type with a 8x weakness to ice

If Pokémon removes the type number limit, we should have an Electric/Fire/Poison/Rock/Steel-type. That is always found holding an Air Balloon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
Dragon/Bug is the one type combo that I think GF should've done a long time ago just look at Flygon it could've easily passed for that typing because it's based on an antlion.

I want to see a Bug/Dragon Pokemon eventually, although I personally don't think that Flygon should've been one. I realize that it's based on an antlion, but I think that it being half Ground-type makes sense given that antlions live in sandy places.

MrJechgo

• Electric/Fighting, a.k.a. what Zeraora should have been...
  • Psychic/Poison, maybe Galarian Slowbro or Slowking; Galarian Slowpoke is pure Psychic.
  • Poison/Ice, I could have seen a Galarian Gulpin/Swalot, as a regular critter which adapted to the cold environment
  • Bug/Dragon, a.k.a. what Yanmega and/or Flygon should have been.
  • Bug/Dark, a.k.a. what Ninjask and/or Accelgor should have been.
  • Normal/Ghost, maybe Galarian Glameow/Purugly, such as an abandonned cat
  • Fire/Fairy
I also would like more legendary and/or mythical typings, such as:
  • Dragon/Ice
  • Dragon/Psychic
  • Ghost/Fighting
  • Fire/Steel
  • Water/Fighting... Grapploct should have been that :p and Poliwrath dates back from Gen 1
  • Psychic/Ghost
  • Water/Fire
I'm almost tempted to add some of Rotom's typings in there:
  • Electric/Ghost
  • Electric/Fire
  • Electric/Grass

MrJechgo

Grapploct and Urshifu; Guess which one's the Water-type!
Urshifu is a Mythical... I think... and I was also referring to Keldeo, which is also a Mythical. Again, Poliwrath dates from Gen 1, Grapploct isn't Water-type despite having Water moves by the truckload and I would have loved to get Inteleon as a Water/Fighting, to showcase a modern spy's martial art knowledge. Ok, fine, people are getting tired of Fighting types, but still... That would have fitted perfectly, especially since it could have been paired with Chestnaught, and either Blaziken, Emboar or Inferape.

raichu27

I really want to see a Poison/Steel Pokemon. It could be based on some nuclear thing.

I would also love to see a Electric/Fighting, Bug/Dragon, Bug/Dark, Fire/Fairy, Fire/Grass, and a Normal/Poison type.