• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mother Of All Battles! (266)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I was glad that Ash, Misty, and Brock found Larvitar's mother now. It was too bad that Tyranitar didn't trust them, though. I can understand why Tyranitar kept attacking them, since it was probably scared of humans just like Larvitar. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
Guruu, Chiiko, and Hanpo reminded me of a slightly more competent Rocket-dan, and it was amusing when Satoshi got enveloped in the cloth cocoon. Mutou the Mt. Shirogane ranger seemed to be as interesting as watching paint dry, though.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Pikachu poking Ash with a stick is the best part of this episode.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. The poachers got what they deserved from Larvitar and its mother: A beating and a trip to prison. They were indeed goofy, and a nice change for once. And they even rhyme, too. Too bad we'll never see Larvitar and its mother after this.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Too bad we'll never see Larvitar and its mother after this.

We at least got to see Yogiras and Bangiras in the Battle Frontier arc's second Opening theme, which was a pleasant cameo. Also, I honestly felt that as sad as Yogiras's farewell scene was, that Yogiras had overstayed its welcome. So it leaving here and never reuniting with Satoshi again didn't bother me too much.

Daizy

I call you honey
So we see Mt Silver for the first time and all we got to see was Tyranitar and some poachers. I felt letdown that Red wasn't seen and that Larvitar said goodbye to Ash.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
A fine ending to Larvitar's arc, but kind of a disappointment after the amazing Address Unown. What I like the most is a Pokemon like Tyranitar, an awesome, cool, almost evil-looking monster, being used not as part of a bad guy's team or a rogue Pokemon, but being used as a protective mother. I feel that's a really original take we don't see too often in Pokemon.

Larvitar's heartbreak at his mother being so angry is sad to see. It's a pity they didn't make the episode itself more dramatic or emotional, which is something I expected after last episode, but it was still a good one.

Also, Pokemon rarely makes me actually laugh out loud, but when Ash said 'he who smelt it, dealt it' out of the blue was genuinely hilarious and I couldn't contain my laughter. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
Larvitar's heartbreak at his mother being so angry is sad to see. It's a pity they didn't make the episode itself more dramatic or emotional, which is something I expected after last episode, but it was still a good one.

The anime tends to water-down dramatic scenes, which is something that I noticed was common in the Jouto saga in particular. I felt that the reunion was still good enough however, because even though I didn't shed a tear when Yogiras and his mother officially reunited with each other, I felt that it was handled in a way that wasn't too cliche or cheesy.

NOOOOO LARVITAR I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUU BABY
So glad that it's back with its mommy though. Ash should have kept Larvitar and brought it to Hoenn where it could evolve into a badass Tyranitar.