• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mounting a Coordinator Assault (479)

Wynaut?

I've noticed that... I have to dl all the episodes, being in England, but I've been going back through some of the older episodes while waiting for them to dl.

I find myself changing the volume quite a bit. Course, that could always be the quality of the files. :p

R_N

I thought she sounded ppreatty cool, really.
Overall, this was a spiffy episode. A little Dawn development, and Marylynn's voice was cool.
Seeing the appeals in action was also preatty cool.

Pearl's Perap

I loved this episode, to be honest, I always have been a fan of any of the contest-related episodes.

Zoey looks great, I'm hoping her and Dawn's rivalry rivals that of May and Drew's/Harley's, though they were great, a same-sex rival is always a nice touch.

Ash's Aipom, well, I actually LIKED it in this episode, first time really, it is just so better to suited to contests, by the looks of things, I'm hoping, though it wont happen, that the Ash/Dawn trade will occur later on, if only temporarily.

I'm beginning to like Dawn more and more each episode, likewise with Piplup.

The bit of the episode which made it for me was when Ash looks for Dawn in the corridors, finds her and they do the little high five thing, it made me smile...

8/10

Surreal

DIRTY HACKERS
YES! I am so glad that they kept Dawns theme. Wow, so far I've only disliked 2 D/P episodes.

Anyway, I thought Zoey's Dub voice fit her perfectly. It sounded like someone I've heared before though. Susie from rugrats(used to watch it)?
Well, This is easily the best episode Pusa have dubbed. I hope that they start using more Japenese BGM.

I'm really enjoying this season of 'Pokémon', because of episode's like this. I have been trying to work out though why at the beginning of episodes, clips from later are used. I know it is meant for a question of mystery, I just don't like the idea of doing it every episode.

Favourite part from this episode, that made me seriously laugh out loud:
Brock:"Oh Nurse Joy, you're so huggable." (In his sleep)

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I agree w/ Zoey that Dawn should have Aipom

SpongeBoblover

< She's preaty
Episode was great Dawn is soo preatty in her contest dress :D

palkia1

Palkia Lover
This episode was really good, besides the typical water type using bubblebeam in a contest. Man, the writers are so uncreative with that. Seeing Ash in a contest was really cool, especially with his Aipom. Thank god he didn't use Pikachu. Zoey seems interesting at the moment but nothing compared to Harley or Drew. The Seals looked really good in this episode. It almost makes me want to do the pathetic contests in the game

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ah yes, the introduction of Zoey. Unlike some people, I really enjoy Zoey. She's been an interesting recurring character on the series, and is certainly more likeable than Paul or Team Galactic. She may not rank as high as some other rivals on my list of favorites (tops are Gary, Drew, and Morrison), but I like her.

At least Ash learned his lesson with May in Hoenn by preparing Dawn more for her first contest, and at least Ash competed in one again. I think it was pretty obvious from this episode, at least in retrospect, that Aipom wouldn't be Ash's forever, but at least they kept us wondering about Aipom maybe participating in contests. Ash did pretty good for his first time. And Jessie did a decent job with Carnivine.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i watch alot of contest related episodes lately which are fun but sadly are getting a bit standard. anyway this episode was really nice, dawn looked nice in that dress i must admitt that.

ccangelopearl1362

As Ash trains his Aipom, Dawn has a new dress for this Jubilife Pokémon Contest, which I will dare say looks pretty good already. It was even enough to get Pikachu to imitate Dawn, and later, we get to meet Zoey, who found Dawn's choker on the dressing room's floor. Aipom's "intrusion" into Pikachu's battle with Piplup was a surprise, but Ash's decision to enter the contest himself may have been a bigger one to me. Ash, Dawn, and Zoey's contest entries have proven to be outwardly striking, and perhaps all three of them will have similar experiences to this in the future.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Meta-blog: Finals done. Moving back home tomorrow. Episode re-review imminent.

As I come out of Nozomi rehabilitation here in the era of Suzuna, it is always fun to see where the madness all began. Here, she was a mere demon spawn who had not even earned her pitchfork yet (she would do so in the very next episode), and before she even appeared in the anime, folks were already pinning the lesbian label on her. Bahaha, we're so psychic. While nothing truly thrilling happens in this episode, it contains a lot of viable set-up, not limited to Hikari's first introduction to an actual contest. Aipom also deserves a mention here, being a long-winded foreshadowing of things to come. A few folks were disappointed about how little contests had changed in DP aside from stickers being a CG eyesore, and while it would have been nice to spice things up, at least we got some new (though inferior) blood.

Pochama's appeal was pretty lame. It's not like she's blasting bubbles from point blank range; rather, a Tetris tower of bubbles very slowly falls on her, but Pochama has the apparent ability to make itself multiply, thus forcing you - the viewer - to buy multiple sets of plushies. I am also not a fan of how Aipom's contest love comes from out of the blue, even if it had never before seen a contest. And at this point, Nozomi is a very dry character with no distinguishable personality outside having a fetish for 10-year-old girls' hair. Looking back on this thread, there seems to have been a lot of animation complaints, which is incredible considering not only how awful DP010 looked, but the fact that this actually may have been the best-looking DP episode up to this point. This episode is a fairly standard contest set-up overall with a few flaws, but at least at this point, I was not yet on Nozomi Derangement Syndrome.

B

catzisconfus

this was a good episode cuz there is a new rival of dawn and aipom who likes contests so ash was also in, but where was the contest/gym guy who wanted to do contests too?(from a few episodes back)