• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mounting a Coordinator Assault (479)

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I saw the episode, and finally its a lot better then from the past 2 episodes.

The whole Super Contests actually impressed me. Yeah of course the judges are the same and the whole appeal/battle, but I really liked the special effects when they use the turqouise ball with the sticker I believe, that was really cool.

Ash entering one was something unexpected, but I was surprised he was encouraged by everyone, and gotta admit, he pretty good. But I hope he doesn't become a coordinator like Hikari, and an ongoing thing. Its cool to see once a while, which of that I won't mind. His Aipom showed lots of personally in this episode.

Hikari, omg, she looks so adorable with the dress, her hair is cute too. For her first try for an appeal, it was great. I believe for Pochama it was Bubblebeam and Peck, wonder where she came up with that, but it was still cute. Now I can't wait for what outfit she's going to dress up in her contests.

Nozomi, thank you, thank you, thank you, she is nothing like Drew! Thank you! Nozomi is simply cool collected gal who looks like a couple years older than Hikari, I guessin about Ash's age. But she seems to like Hikari from the start. But I wonder if her true colors will come out, because so far, she is being nice. Her appeal was amazing, and I thought from Misdreveous the attack was Thunder Wave, but I guess its Shock Wave. And the cat was cute too.

Now the funny parts:
Jessie outfit made me laugh so hard. She all the sudden went all German, lol, well but she looks like a munchkin to me, but I couldn't stop laughing. Anyways, does Jessie have a new name revealed for the contest?

Some much to say but aweosme eppie, I can't wait for next week's!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I just gotta say something: The DP series is proving to be really original, and it's also bringin us unexpected happenings.

Oh really? Ash being in a Contest was done before in AG.

Heck, the entire Contest arc is AG's idea. D/P is merely reusing it. The reason why AG was so well-liked is because it added two new components to the show:

- A female heroine
- Contests

D/P simply reuses this stuff, adds pretty dresses and fanservice, and puts a lesbian in the mix to make it look like a fresh package.

D/P is merely AG remixed.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
That post was merely all of your other posts remixed. Next.

Thoughts on ep which I have not seen: I like that Ash has been thrown into the mix for this contest. It really distinguishes it from May's first contest. Especially because Ash is having an official battle with Hikari's rival; he was never very closely connected to Drew or Harley. Ash already seems way more involved with Hikari's contest arc than he was with May's, though it remains to be seen whether this is a one-off or foreshadowing for the rest of the series (and I'm not saying that Ash is going to become a co-ordinator, before anyone jumps on me).

Last edited:
Also, another thing I liked about this episode is that they actually added the special effects from the pokeballs into their appeals. This can potentially open up a lot of possible appeals never seen before.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That post was merely all of your other posts remixed. Next.

Aw, I love you too, Jo-Jo. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I find it odd that Ash is so good at appeals. The writers showed both May and Hikari struggle practicing with their appeals, but Ash did one pretty flawlessly with Pikachu in AG and with Aipom now in D/P. Either watching all of May's appeals rubbed off on him, or the writers are lazy and having Ash get by because he's welll...Ash.

The episode was excellent as a whole, no surprise as the Contests have been the highlight of the anime for a long time now. The Nozomi/Hikari interaction is gold so far, (I called that), and I can't wait to see more of it.

Knight_Ram

Hey, just wondering whats going on with Ash! I saw the pictures of the episodes on the website and it looked like Ash started to do contest too! Whats up with that? Can someone explain to me on what hes doing? Thank you.

HoennMaster

So now Ash is goign to have a Ribbon Case that probably won't ever be used. Hikari looks really cute in this episode. I'm glad Pochama's appeal wasn't a "rehash" of Squritle. I can't wait for next week's episode so I can see Aipom battle!

I respect your opinion

I wish I had a dollar for every time you said that, I'd be rich! $$$$$$$$$$$

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Hey, just wondering whats going on with Ash! I saw the pictures of the episodes on the website and it looked like Ash started to do contest too! Whats up with that? Can someone explain to me on what hes doing? Thank you.

Its all started with Aipom. When Ash and Hikari were battling, Aipom jumped in the middle and starting doing appeals which amazed everyone. Ash was encouraged by Hikari, then later Brock and his own Pokemon. He basically joined for one, but right now many people are debating if either he'll stick to it or not. Hope this helps.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Yes, Satoshi did have an entry in Hikari's first contest because, as you can see from the episode pictures, his Aipom wanted him to (it interrupted the training session he and Hikari were having using a appeal with Swift, which knocks down Pocchama) and Takeshi and Hikari encouraged him to enter. This is most likely a one-off thing, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him enter contests for fun from time to time.

My whole thoughts on the episode tommorrow, but I have to say that I loved Hikari's hair in this episode (partly because it reminds me of the hair style (one of them) of a certain person that I know in real life).

Last edited:

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I wish I had a dollar for every time you said that, I'd be rich! $$$$$$$$$$$

At least I'm trying to be nice and sevil and respect peoples opinions instead of force opinions on every one.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Jessie kinda looked ridiculous in that get-up. If she's still trying to be the top coordinator she has really sunk to a new low.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Jessie needs to get a hint by now, she'll never win a contest no matter how hard she tries or cheats, so why even bother to enter them anymore, it's just gonna be more embarrisment for her like now with this rediculous get up she has on.

That episode was great. Satoshi did much better than expected. But why are they showing parts from farther on in the ep before the titles?

Anyway out of all the appeals I liked Nozomi's best. That Misdreavous looks mighty tough if you ask me.

Hopefully after Nozomi beats him he gets out of Contests and back into Gyms where he belongs.
Amen!

I'm glad they brought the sticker factor in from the games, I loved that feature ^.^

ANYTHING is better than Satoshi doing contests.

By the way, how about let's have Takeshi, Kenji, Kasumi, Shinji, Masato and Oak start doing contests too! New and exciting!
Agreed, Hikari doing contests is enough for this fan.

Knight_Ram

Yeah, thank you Satoshi and SOS, helped me understand what I was wondering.

But I agree with you Satoshi, Ash should do contest for fun, as it would help Hikari with a little bit of competition, IMO. And I liked the look of the new Rival. She seemed like the equivalent to Harley IMO.

From the pictures that I saw of this episode, I give it a 8/10.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
The Stickers where cool. Much better than i thought they would be.

I hope Ash don't do contests forever. Mayb when Aipom evolves or when Ash Eventually gets to the 1rst gym ?(i mean by now his normally done 1) Aipom will becide it likes to battle. That or Ash will end up giving aipom away which i don't want to happen as i like Aipom.

Since i have only seen the episode pictures as i live in the UK what was Double attack? Was it the move when Aipoms tail spinned and glowed?

Also what where them bubble things they got givern and did Pocamma use Drill Peck and double team in an appeal?

Maestro Kinético

Who's the girl with red hair that speaks through the micropohone? I think I've seen her before.

I didn't like the Fx of the Pokeballs, they looked weird, the whole computer effects attached to cartoons is weird.

Last edited:

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
She is the new referee and a remake'sister of Vivian and Lilian. I bet shes called something like Miriam

Thoughts on ep which I have not seen: I like that Ash has been thrown into the mix for this contest. It really distinguishes it from May's first contest. Especially because Ash is having an official battle with Hikari's rival; he was never very closely connected to Drew or Harley. Ash already seems way more involved with Hikari's contest arc than he was with May's, though it remains to be seen whether this is a one-off or foreshadowing for the rest of the series (and I'm not saying that Ash is going to become a co-ordinator, before anyone jumps on me).

Ash got a ribbon case so chances are he will start doing the contests as well. But I highly dobt that he will stop diong the gyms.

Also does anyone else hate how that sukizo guy(one of the judges, name mispelled) says 'remarkable' in every sentence

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash got a ribbon case so chances are he will start doing the contests as well. But I highly dobt that he will stop diong the gyms.

Ash having a ribbon case does not mean he'll enter every Contest. May had a badge case, remember? She didn't start doing Gyms.