• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mounting a Coordinator Assault (479)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Okay, so Geodude doesn't have to repeat it yet again (and because I inadvertently helped spread false info at the start of the thread) I'll start by stating this:

Aipom DID NOT learn Double Attack. It only showed off an appeal it thought up.

Pochama DID NOT learn Drill Peck. Its Peck attack simply got stronger and changed form a bit from training.

Also does anyone else hate how that sukizo guy(one of the judges, name mispelled) says 'remarkable' in every sentence
Its his signature phrase and takes up maybe three seconds of any scene he's in. Frankly I find the TR "blast offs" far easier to hate.

<><><>

Should I take it that this threads comments on Nozomia nd Hikari will be typical for episodes to come? Even with Drew and May (who did have substantial verbal flirting and such when translated by fans), every post about them when they were in the same episode didn't concern the inevitability of some adult relationship between the two.

Perhaps Nozomi is supposed to be a lesbian, perhaps not, either way it shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Even Harley never did anything gay except act in steretyped gay mannerisms.

And need I remind people that anime is full of characters that seem gay but aren't? Its hard to tell simply by how they act.

My point is lets at least try to focus on Nozomi as a character and not fill every post about her with how she fulfills the fantasies of obsessed yuri people. Even though i may be biased in this by my many experiences wading through fanfiction.net trying to find fanfics that don't focus on ridiculous, completely-unsupported same sex romances or incest... :(

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash having a ribbon case does not mean he'll enter every Contest. May had a badge case, remember? She didn't start doing Gyms.

She was going to before she saw what contests where like Cyber, that's why she was given one, who knows what'll happen anymore.

Weav-vile

Totally!
Oh really? Ash being in a Contest was done before in AG.
D/P is merely AG remixed.

Oh, you're not dead! D:
haha, I was referring to the lesbo thing that will propably happen, and to the new features the episode had on it, such as the costumes and all.
And, ah... Matter of likes, huh?
I disagree, I see DP as a totally different series, and it's renoving the poké spirit for me - Gregguru just rocks, I think we never had a poké like it on the party too, it's gorgeous! I missed it in this episode, btw. (;

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
haha, I was referring to the lesbo thing that will propably happen,

True, but AG did have Harley who was flaming gay. It really won't be that much a shock if they play up the lesbian stereotypes with Nozomi in the future.

I'd find it funny if she starts hitting on Hikari every time they meet.

and to the new features the episode had on it, such as the costumes and all.

The Costumes are there because of the games, the only aspect of Super Contests they kept. They got rid of the dancing which is a major disappointment.

I disagree, I see DP as a totally different series, and it's renoving the poké spirit for me -

Good episodes tend to make people excited, it was apparent in AG and it's apparent now.

Weav-vile

Totally!
True, but AG did have Harley who was flaming gay. It really won't be that much a shock if they play up the lesbian stereotypes with Nozomi in the future.

Uh... But I think there's a pretty much different thing about gay men and lesbians, hehe...
You got what I mean, huh?

The Costumes are there because of the games, the only aspect of Super Contests they kept. They got rid of the dancing which is a major disappointment.

Hmmm, I gotta agree with you. I missed the dancing thing too... But the episode was still good

Good episodes tend to make people excited, it was apparent in AG and it's apparent now.

Awn, of course! AG was fantastic, oh well, the best series ever. D:

Uh... But I think Lesbians and gay are pretty different, LOL.
You got what I mean, huh?
Yeah... not really. It's pretty much the exact same thing, but with a different gender.

Weav-vile

Totally!
Yeah... not really. It's pretty much the exact same thing, but with a different gender.

I knew some people would disagree =P
But you didn't get what I meant, gurrrrrl >.>
Actually lesbos are cool. Gay are just funny, but if they, uh... Come into a deep thing, then they're really annoying - for me, at least.
But lesbians... Awwwwwn, haaaawt *-*

Last edited:

JustinConnor

Of course I'm kidding. Come on now,the post was dripping with sarcasm.

Anime characters aren't gay,they're just asian.

Weav-vile

Totally!
Of course I'm kidding. Come on now,the post was dripping with sarcasm.

Anime characters aren't gay,they're just asian.

Oh.
I'm sorry, I kept my eyes on the OAK SHOULD do contests and didn't see what you quoted, haha.
Yeah, you were being ironic, really =P
And I agree with you on the last part too
And oh well, I'm going incredibly out-of-topic, enough with that. ;x

I knew some people would disagree =P
But you didn't get what I meant, gurrrrrl >.>
Actually lesbos are cool. Gay are just funny, but if they, uh... Come into a deep thing, then they're really annoying - for me, at least.
But lesbians... Awwwwwn, haaaawt *-*

What makes the two different enough to love one and hate another?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Well, this is one of the episodes where I don't get distracted by the horrible animation in a battle/contest battle/appeal, thanks to Masaaki Iwane and the Iwane awesomeness. I'm starting to like the medias res now, seems to get me jumpstarted into wanting to find out what happens in the episode more than I usually do.

I liked how Satoshi entered the contest, mainly because I'd like to see how he'd do in a official contest and it brings him out of the background (unlike most of the Pokemon Contests previously). Really, I don't see what's the problem with him doing them from time to time for fun, it doesn't mean he'll be an all-out coordinator trainer - because last time I checked - I didn't see a rule where Badge-collecting trainers can't enter contests once in while (in the games, you're a Badge-collecting trainer who enters contests for fun, seems like a good reflection to me). That, and I'd like for some characters that are not Hikari/Haruka to get out of the background and get into the action some time. I'm not saying Satoshi should enter every contest that Hikari competes in, I'm saying it would be awesome for him to enter contests once in a while, once in a blue moon - to please Aipom.

Nozomi seems to be nice to Hikari, unlike some of the on-going main rivals we had in the past during pre-meeting, and I loved her tough-girl voice. I don't really see any lebianism coming from the two of them - Hikari blushing is just a sign of admiration, IMO. Not that I don't like AppealShipping, it doesn't put two people who obviously hate each others' guts together, it's just that I just don't see it in the anime. I don't see the lebianism hints that some of you guys see to be honest. Cute ship though, I guess.

The Pokeball Stickers were much cooler in the anime than I imagined, though the Pokeball Stickers on Muskippa were even cooler. xD Haha, the costumers (mainly the little kid) that bought Pokeball Stickers from Rocket Gang's stand were calling Kojirou "ojisan"/"old man", which PO'ed him. Muhahahaha.

...omfg I loved Hikari's hair and dress in this episode. >_< The way she was doing her hair before Nozomi's performance reminded me of a person I know in real life. And her dress is just so friggin cute. n_n

JustinConnor

Oh, it's just that I'm a male heterosexual ;D

[Joke/]You've said that your hetero a buncha times now. Overcompensating for a deep dark secret prehaps?[Joke]

Anywho,on topic, occasionally the recent episodes are interesting,this seems to be same ol' same ol'.If theres one thing we know about pokemon,if theres something new and interesting(like ash in contests),it will get snuffed out or become boring and pointless.

Hooray,I contributed.

Weav-vile

Totally!
[Joke/]You've said that your hetero a buncha times now. Overcompensating for a deep dark secret prehaps?[Joke]

[sarcasm]Hahaha, dude, I think you must be right![/sarcasm] =P

So all heterosexual males are filthy hypocrites.

Interesting.

Hey, girl, hang on there!
I'm neither filthy, nor hypocrite. I'm just telling ya my opinion o_O
Matter of likes, huh?
That's a thought of mine, that doesn't mean all heterosexuals think like I do...
And you don't need to be rude, sweetie... It's just a conversation, you must learn to accept other's opinion when they are different from yours, dontcha think? gaaaah, kids...

Hey, girl, hang on there!
I'm neither filthy, nor hypocrite. I'm just telling ya my opinion o_O
Matter of likes, huh?
That's a thought of mine, that doesn't mean all heterosexuals think like I do...
And you don't need to be rude, sweetie... It's just a conversation, you must learn to accept other's opinion when they are different from yours, dontcha think? gaaaah, kids...
Like you accept a homosexual man's opinion, right?

JustinConnor

I don't think anger and generalizing beat radnomness and generalizing. Can't we all just get along?
I think everyone elses opinion is equally wrong and stupid, no matter what their gender/sexual preference!

This is fun!

But since I have to contribute something to the topic at hand, thats quite the awesome Misdreavus.Hope it doesn't evolve,the evo is silly looking.