• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movepool Changes YOU want to see in HG/SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
I only worry about Flareon's low HP. I'd adore for Flareon to have Flare Blitz, but it's low HP would make it a little fragile, and it's low Speed wouldn't help much...

In any case, I want it to have Flare Blitz, you'd probably just have to train it properly to let it be a true asset.

What about Dynamicpunch for Feralitgatr?

Polly456

Make Butterfree learn Bug Bite without having to level up a Caterpie to level 15. Or give it Leech Life since it's based on a Vampire Butterfly.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
I'd love to see Chikorita's line get Leech Seed through level up (Yes, I know you can get it through breeding).

Leech Seed + Toxic = Yes

Bardische

Elegance.
I'd love to see Chikorita's line get Leech Seed through level up (Yes, I know you can get it through breeding).

Leech Seed + Toxic = Yes

It already has Poisonpowder by level-up, if I recall, but Toxic is much better! I think you can only get that from Janine in Fuschia City :(

Here's some more movepool changes, whether it's a good addition or not, I can still see these coming XD

Gallade = Zen Headbutt by level-up.
Most Rock-types = Stone Edge by level-up
Butterfree = Calm Mind by TM, Air Slash by level-up XD
Chikorita = AncientPower, Leech Seed and Vine Whip by level-up

Flare Blitz on Flareon and Entei, PLEASE!!!

girly nerd

...K-I-S-S-I-N-G
I would like the Chikorita line to get a load of new moves, because according to soo many people the Chikorita line sucks. And that makes me sad. :(

I'd expect Flare Blitz on Entei, I think all the Johto legendaries are guaranteed new moves. I wonder if the Hoenn legendaries will get any new moves?

KozunaiKururugi

I would like Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon to be learnable by more pokemon than just the starters final form.

Also, let Espeon and Umbreon learn Hypnosis, they can learn Dream Eater, but nothing to put their opponents to sleep with.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
I would like the Chikorita line to get a load of new moves, because according to soo many people the Chikorita line sucks. And that makes me sad. :(

It definitely lacks a lot of potential attacks. It has only a few actual damaging moves, let alone grass attacks of that nature. The whole "its a defensive pokemon" excuse doesn't really cut it for me. Sure, it's attack stats aren't amazing but they are anything but bad.

Chikorita - Vine whip?, Weak rock attack?
Bayleef - Leaf Blade, Energy Ball?
Meganium - Seed Bomb, Frenzy Plant (I'm sure the starters will get this by a tutor or something), Leech Seed?

Bolded are the ones they really need, ? ones are just possibilities

Last edited:

Hypershell

Dragon's Best Friend
Extremespeed Dragonite. We had it in Crystal and it has not returned in any later generation.

I also want to see Mewtwo get Nasty Plot. Mew has it, so why shouldn't his more "twisted and savage" heir have it?

CHARIZARRRD

Butter Trainer
chikorita should learn ice fang if anything. a rock attack would be unfair, because it can kill your rival's pokemon (cyndaquil). ice fang would be fair because its no very effective against the other two starters

Shinx_the_Sphinx

Staravia Trainer
chikorita should learn ice fang if anything. a rock attack would be unfair, because it can kill your rival's pokemon (cyndaquil). ice fang would be fair because its no very effective against the other two starters

Ice Fang? Its a Grass Type!

I think it should learn either Rock Slide, Rollout, or Rock Throw.

CHARIZARRRD

Butter Trainer
Ice Fang? Its a Grass Type!

I think it should learn either Rock Slide, Rollout, or Rock Throw.

a rock type makes it the best starter, it can then kill totodile and cyndaquil

also earthquake for Arcanine by TM

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer

Thunder Fang suits Grass-types better than Ice Fang does.

Kujo1229

*munch*
I'd like to see Typhlosion get another anti-water move that isn't Physical. >_> I really miss my Thunderpunching Typhlosion but the low Attack stat doesn't really allow me to do that. Solar Beam is powerful but it's only really good if you use Sunny Day and by then your Typhlosion is missing a chunk of HP.

As for the Chikorita debate, Typhlosion got Thunderpunch which obliterated the Rival's starter. It's how I won all my Rival Battles he'd send out Feraligatr and I'd send out my Typhlosion, and use Thunderpunch. Though I think if Chikorita would get a Rock move it would be through a TM like Thunderpunch was. Though even Ancient Power would be nice but if worse comes to worse you could catch a Geodude or a Bellsprout to trade for an Onix. At least Geodude is common enough and shouldn't maul your team too badly.

Grei

not the color
I would like Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon to be learnable by more pokemon than just the starters final form.

What? Why?

Those moves are reserved for Starter Pokemon for a reason: they're Starters. Just like Overgrow, Blaze, and Torrent, there are things that are exclusive to the Starter types because they're some of the most powerful Pokemon in the game, and one of those things are those superpowered moves like Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon.

Giving Blast Burn to a Torkoal or Hydro Cannon to a Floatzel would be overkill, and would ruin the exclusiveness of those powerful moves.

Gizadude

I want Brave Bird for some the birds that don't get it like Honchkrow and Fearow. Shadow Ball and Earth Power(Since he learns Earthquake anyhow) for Typhlosion so that he can have wider option of moves to use with his special attack stat and although I doubt it ever happens because it would ruin the uniqueness of the move, it would be nice if some of the other physical based electric Pokemon that can't learn Thunder Punch had access to Volt Tackle instead of having to rely on Spark or Thunder Fang.

Ultimate Glalie

Let's see...

- Chikorita should get Ancientpower through level up.
- Flareon NEEDS Flare Blitz.
- Maybe Focus Blast on Typhlosion?
- Gyarados should get Crunch.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Gyarados definitely needs to learn more physical attacks through level up. Four doesn't cut it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Move tutors that teach attacks that were TMs in Gold and Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.