• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movepool Changes YOU want to see in HG/SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
I can't believe noone said Flare Blitz on Entei yet. All that attack is going to waste if it doesn't learn Flare Blitz.

Also, Thunderpunch by level on Typhlosion and Ice Punch by level on Feraligatr (Because I bet everyone had those moves on their Typhlosion and Feraligatr back then.)

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
Skymin should learn Fly. Why it can't in Platinum is beyond me.

Skymin should learn Fly. Why it can't in Platinum is beyond me.

Because Land Shaymin can't, and they have kept different interchangeable forms with the same movepools since RSE.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
Flame Wheel and Flare Blitz for Flareon.
Flare Blitz for Entei.
Typhlosion could use Earth Power, and T-Bolt would be fine to.

VOLT TACKEL LUXRAY !

Last edited:

JD

Umbreon needs crunch
and flareon needs body slam and flare blitz
Chikorita should get acient power at lvl 13
and totodile needs teeter dance

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
I'm not sure why everyone wants Umbreon with really powerful moves, because it's supposed to be the more defensive based Eeveelution, so I see no point in Dark Pulse or anything like that. Meh, maybe Crunch, but nothing else really.
Ancientpower on Chiko would be nice, but I can't really think of anything else.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
why do people keep saying ancientpower for chikorita? yeah it would help with falkner but it just doesnt fit...

JD

why do people keep saying ancientpower for chikorita? yeah it would help with falkner but it just doesnt fit...

Well it kind does since chikorita is kinda based off as dino and charmander got metal claw so I bet chiko will get acientpower

Alloute

Not Banned
I do not want any big changes, I just want Johto's Pokemon to have a few 4th generation moves.

Umbreon should learn cosmic power, it learns moonlight already and the def boosts would really help.

also, banette needs couple couple more physical moves, maybe poison jab
and why azelf gets stealth rock and flygon doesn't is beyond me...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Fire Blast Latios.

It gets Grass Knot, Surf, and Thunderbolt, but not Fire Blast.

Armored Zangoose

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur- Need to learn more poison type moves through leveling up. Sludge Bomb, Toxic, and Poison Fang.
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard- Brave Bird, Close Combat, and Lava Plume for Charizard.
Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise- Elemental Punches.
Flareon-Flare Blitz, Heatwave, Thunder Fang(For water types)
Vaporeon- Mist, Ice Beam, Water Pulse.
Jolteon- Volt Tackle, Fire Fang(For steel types)
Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium- Ice Fang or Thunder Fang for Chikorita. Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Seed Bomb.
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion- Flare Blitz. Elemental Punches and Dragon Rush for Typhlosion. Solarbeam?
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr- More special attacks. Dig. Dragon Rush for Feraligatr.
Umbreon- Crunch, Punishment. Power Swap.
Espeon- Vacuum Wave. Guard Swap.
Raikou- Volt Tackle. Extrasensory at a lower level.
Entei- Flare Blitz. Extrasensory at a lower level.
Suicune- Extrasensory at a lower level.

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
for me just some moves to help you in the game like more for chikorita

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala

It... can learn it through breeding AND through move tutor? I think it'd work fine.

So yeah, Chikorita's line definitely needs ancient power, and assorted other grass attacks.

SnorlaxRules

The whole reason people want Chikoria to learn ancientpower is to make falkner easier, why? The point of any video game is that you need to work to get to the next stage, making getting to the next stage easier defeats the point, So once again why do we need the games to be easier? i mean its not like there super-difficult anyway. I may be going over the top i bit, but you need to shout to get any recognition :)

On a happier note, I think that most of the pokemon, especially those that came about before the double-typing, need to learn an equal number of moves assiociated with each of there types (providing they have 2 types, obviously)
So the grass starters learning more poison moves, The charizard line learning more flying moves maybe the water starters learning some ice moves, even if they aren't ice type, because in almost all the games you haven't really been able to et ice types for ages into the game.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
well chikarita does need leaf storm, vine whip would be cool, but why not power whip?
typhosion ... hm? i thought it needed eruption being the volcano pokemon, but it did get that so ...
totdile family, hyper fang!
ice fang for donphan? i mean via breeding it gets ice shard
ampharos should be able to learn flash cannon
lugia and ho-oh should get air slash
a move tutor for the elemental fangs
vaporeon needs the most work, bubblebeam, aquajet, water pulse, does it even have aquatail in moveset?
a special psycho boost espeon give away would be awesome!

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
chikorita doesn't need ancientpower,just something weak like rock throw just to make the battle fair.
i agree with you greenninja

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
The whole reason people want Chikoria to learn ancientpower is to make falkner easier, why? The point of any video game is that you need to work to get to the next stage, making getting to the next stage easier defeats the point, So once again why do we need the games to be easier? i mean its not like there super-difficult anyway. I may be going over the top i bit, but you need to shout to get any recognition :)

Chikorita is at a disadvantage as it is. It's the first gym, it doesn't need to be a huge challenge. Chikorita deserves the same chance as the other two starters, who are NOT at a disadvantage. Chikorita needs ancient power to make up for the fact that it's weak to flying AND bug. They gave Metal Claw to Charmander in FRLG for a reason: To make the first gym less of a huge challenge. I see them doing the same with Chikorita and ancient power (or, some other rock attack).

The Guy

Generic Charizard
Okay then, here goes.

Charizard: Dragon Rush: level 57.
Flareon: Flare Blitz: level 49.
Jolteon: Volt Tackle: level 60.
Elekid/Electibuzz: Volt Tackle: Elekid: Level 55. Electibuzz: Level 63.
Chikorita: Ancientpower: Level 22, breeding, or move tutor.
Bayleef: Leaf Blade: Level 34.
Typlosion: Explosion: Level 74 or TM.
Feraligatr: Fire Fang and Thunder Fang: Move Tutor.
Ampharos: Tail Glow: Level 45
Raikou: Volt Tackle: Level 85.
Entei: Flare Blitz: Level 68.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.