1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Trainer10913, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Trainer10913

Trainer10913 The Ninja

Which abilities do you think are wasted on Pokemon that don't even use them properly. The abilities that would benefit another, stronger Pokemon more?

Me, I think that Shed Skin would work way better on Tyranitar than its pre-evolution. But there are other Pokemon with abilities that should belong to another Pokemon. Like Download on Porygon-2. The true owner should be a power-house like Infernape or Salamance.

Any more examples out there???

2. first to say wonder guard should be on spiritomb and sableye, not crappy sheinja!

3. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

I agree! Shedinja should have the Sturdy ability instead.

4. I think Download should be right where it is...If it were to get into the hands of Pokemon like Infernape or Salamence they'd both be too broken. The distribution of abilities that exists now I think was created for balance. Porygon-2 being a Normal Type, needs that kind of stuff for support. But if I had to choose, I'd say Technician could be on a few other Pokemon and maybe Slaking should get something other than Truant

And to the 2 posts above me....why....

5. Calamity™

Calamity™ aka Lamia

That would just be stupid. Every Pokémon needs to have either some weakness, or the ability to be taken down. Anyway I think Serene Grace is an incredible ability, but being on something like a Dunsparce is a waste. Even if it can utilize the ability in some moves, it's still a waste in my opinion.

6. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

Adaptability on Porygon-Z and eevee only.
    and that Dream World ability on Shuckle.

That would have made Shedinja pretty unstoppable.

7. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Tinted Lens on basically everything that gets it.

Seriously. Negating 2x weaknesses and turning 4x weaknesses into 2x weaknesses is way too be beast to used on crappy Bug types.

8. Baton Passer

Baton Passer Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

Who you callin crappy?
    [IMG200]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8obG9FvhXJbX75tKEfAMSyCmjOGGn0pErqXUjRmdyhctFuDTd[/IMG200]

But In all seriousness levitate on Rotom flying.

Not the best pokemon to have levitate on considering its flying type.

Ugh, I'm still shaking my head. That is the most unfortunate type addition ever. Although it is fun to play with an air balloon and baton pass magnet rise, 16x immunity.

Thank you smogon, I will definitely try that someday. >_>

9. McDanger

McDanger Well-Known Member

that would be just cruel
    download would be good for magnezone too i think

i think technician sucks on breloom, it would be better on infernape/lucario
    and huge power to slaking

10. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

Wonder Guard shouldn't be a part of the game! Shedinja should just get something else, like Levitate, magic bounce or something

11. Gelatini Jejunator

Gelatini Jejunator Vote Vanillite! Wait

I don't think any Pokemon having any ability is a waste. A weak Pokemon having a useful ability doesn't deny said ability to other Pokemon. If anything we should be happy these Pokemon get a little boost.

12. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Pokemon that actually get Tinted Lens.

You do realize that's the entire point of Shedinja, right?

13. Atratus

Atratus Antimatter Trainer

Take Contrary away from Spinda and give it to, say, Hydreigon.

14. Chaos Emperor

Chaos Emperor ................

Magnemite family needs levitate. In my diamond game, magnezone is probably my weakest pokemon cause it gets crushed so easily by earthquake. not to mention many of magnemites pokedex entry says it LEVITATES with its magnet powers.

also i think the starters need more than just an ability that strengthens their types moves when weak.

15. Razor Xtreme

Razor Xtreme Well-Known Member

I believe they do it on purpose, why would you give Serene Grace to a Salamence or Speed Boost to a Gyarados or etc?

16. Are you two dumb or something?

I think the abilities are fine as they are, honestly.

17. Baton Passer

Baton Passer Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

True.

[IMG200]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvP_O-5YWhJRo2nKdxGTVswmb_YCtUm915T_bNzpzauJCZJYkQuw[/IMG200]

Not to mention Delibird's getting Insomnia coughvitalspiritagaincough.

Delibird's far from good, but this is simply laughable.

As for good abilities on bad pokemon...

eh i got nothin.

18. sanae

sanae stop trying to be god ☆

Actually, when Spinda gets Superpower it'll be better,

19. Calamity™

Calamity™ aka Lamia

Completely agree with this. Rotom Flying with Levitate ability is by far the worst combination to come from Pokémon, due to it's lack of making any sense at all.

20. I like this idea a lot. It would make Slaking a tank.