• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

Bardische

Elegance.
Regigigas unable to lean Protect.

But of course, it's for the purposes of its ability.

But c'mon. You can't even let the king defend itself?

Seriously. Balance issue or whatever, that's just crazy.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I don't understand why Leafeon can't learn Ancientpower. I mean come on! It can learn moves like X-scissor and Aerial Ace, so why not? Ugh.

AceFlonne

Mediator
Ferrothorn not learning rapid spin

FLAREON NOT LEARNING FLARE BLITZ!!!!

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
I can address most of these quite easily.

Blastoise will never learn Tri-Attack, because it is a mixture of Fire, Electricity and Ice, not water. If it did learn it, the whole concept would be stupid as ****.

Torterra will never learn Rollout, just imagine the logic of a giant turtle with a giant tree rolling at you. The tree would stop before it did anything.

Reggigas, that was for balancing, same reason it doesn't learn Rest.

Why would Leafeon learn Achient Power? It makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Emboar not learning Fire Punch was most likely a programming error.

Ferrothron learning rapid spin would not work with logic, how could it spin when it is suppose to be attached to the ceiling?

Yes, Flareon should learn Flare Blitz, but is appears TrollFreak will never allow it.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

About that Garchomp. It should since it flies at high speeds, according to the pokedex.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't understand why Leafeon can't learn Ancientpower. I mean come on! It can learn moves like X-scissor and Aerial Ace, so why not? Ugh.

That's probably because Leafeon is not considered "ancient". I'm sure some, if not all Pokémon, can learn it through TM, but for the most part, it's connected to Pokémon that are considered ancient, in a way--from what I've gathered, anyway. It kinda makes less sense that way, but it's Pokémon.

I have no real complaints about what moves Pokémon should or should not learn, even if it doesn't make any flippin' sense.

Though I do wonder if all Pokémon can learn Metronome, or if it's only reserved for certain species. I'd check, but Bulbapedia doesn't cooperate with me.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Some ideas in here.

Are you ever surprised when you find out that Blastoise can't learn Tri Attack even though it has a mouth and two cannons? Or perhaps Torterra can't learn Rollout? Share your thoughts.

Tri Attack is composed of fire, ice, and electricity. I can't see Blastoise shooting fire or electricity.
And Torterra Rollout? What? o_O

But Golurk can.How does it fly?It isn't even part Flying!It's Ground-Ghost.

It has rockets, like this. Everybody gets confused by this.

There's a lot of weird things with movesets that don't make sense. I don't understand GF's logic sometimes:
Pokedex said:
This six-legged Pokémon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight.
Yanmega can't learn Fly.

Pokedex said:
It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin.
Emboar can't learn Fire Punch.

Pokedex said:
When it folds up its body and extends its wings, it looks like a jet plane. It flies at sonic speed.
Garchomp can't learn Fly.

Pokedex said:
Puts enemies to sleep, then eats their dreams. Occasionally gets sick from eating bad dreams.
Most of Drowzee's Pokedex entries say this. It can only learn Dream Eater by TM. They still haven't fixed this after five generations.

Pokedex said:
The tail's tip shines brightly and can be seen from far away. It acts as a beacon for lost people.
Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow. (Although the Japanese name is Firefly Light.)

Pokedex said:
A Pokémon that lives by water. It moves quickly on land by bouncing on its big tail.
Azurill can't learn Bounce.

Pokedex said:
With their sucker mouths, they suck in prey. Then they use their fangs to shock the prey with electricity.
Eelektross can't learn Thunder Fang.

And the best one: In RGB, Lickitung couldn't learn Lick.

Estellise

peachy
Actually if you watched the first Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom movie you will know how Golurk can fly.

I never watched either of those movies,because when it came out I was thought the 5th gen was terrible.Then,when I got White I was proven wrong.I would watch it now, but it doesn't come on CN anymore and Netflix only lets me save it :(

Emboar is the only fire starter who cant learn Fire Punch? whats up with that?

Probably because Fire Punch isn't a tutor, and it makes absolutely no sense for Tepig to learn Fire Punch.

Anyway; Gengar and Nasty Plot. Several of its Pokédex entries literally say it does just that, yet no Nasty Plot...

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
•Samurott has a horn and cannot learn Horn Drill.
Growlithe cannot learn Growl.

Also, howcome EVERY Pokémon that can learn TMs can learn Toxic? The same is true for Rest, and the TM can even be used on Pokémon with Imnosia<sp?>...