1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Trainer10913, Dec 20, 2011.

1. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

We were being sarcastic... We, or at least, I know that both those things would never happen. It would be game-breaking to the max.

2. Lord Zoroark

Lord Zoroark Master Tactician

3. paracelsus

paracelsus Well-Known Member

The problem seems to swing more the other way around, with the best pokemon having annoyingly useless abilities

4. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

Togekiss gets it, and abuses the hell out of it. Regigiggas and Slaking should have a useless ability, not a crippling one.

5. coolminun

coolminun Banned

give raikou lightningrod not marowak.

6. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

XD This was hilarious. It would be so funny if it happened, would piss the hell out of everyone.

But all joking aside, nah. Wonder Guard is what makes Shedinja so awesomely gimmicky. I mean, it sucks in OU, but wins in Ubers? Awesomely gimmicky.

7. M4zz

M4zz Banned

Deilibird gets Insomnia through the Dream World. It gets Vital Spirit in-game.

8. Squiddly Dee

Squiddly Dee ∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Guts on Flareon is just terrible. It can be such an amazing ability, just...not on Flareon...

9. pseudoman

pseudoman Well-Known Member

Download would be terrible on infernape or salamence, what would they download? Sarcasm is tough to read sometimes.

Good abilities make bad pokemon better, i cant see using scizor(not saying hes bad)too much without technician.

If regigigas were to receive another ability, chances are it would be stall. I don't think GF would go much higher than that.

10. Wolf Prince

Wolf Prince Lycan Seraph

The thing is if they actually do that, they would have to make a Scrappy Infernape/Lucario, people have been saying that set would be inmortal but actually, scrappy would take care of making thing better.

11. candyson

candyson Ultimate Sceptile

It negates the effect of smack down

12. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

contrary on shuckle..such a good ability on a pokemon that can't use it...I mean who would try to lower its defenses fully knowing that it will still be crazy defensive or it can just switch out...my way of dealing with shuckles is by burning/ poisoning it from the get-go and then seed it...i would never try to lower its defenses...also, it can't use defense curl anymore...

13. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

I wish more Water types got Swift Swim from the Dream World, one of my favorite abilities, some that could make great use of it include, but are not limited to, Feraligatr, Empoleon, and Octillery.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  14. MugoUrth

MugoUrth Bibarel's adorable.

Actually, there isn't a Pokemon yet that can make good use of Contrary. Even Serperior is crippled by an in-versatile movepool. Serperior DOES have Leaf Storm though, which is more than anyone else with Contrary has.

15. ToeyJoey

ToeyJoey Forward...

Spinda gets Superpower.

16. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

No, it wouldn't be "game-breaking". It seems to be forgotten that Wonder Guard and Sturdy do not protect the owner from statuses like Poison and Burn, nor from weather, so they can still faint from Sandstorm or Hail. Even entry hazards still effect the Pokémon.

17. girazard

girazard IT'S A TRAP!!!

^Ignore the biased Serperior hater. Serperior works really well with Contrary; it's by far the best subseeder in DW tier for being much faster than average AND having a huge offensive presence.

18. Razor Xtreme

Razor Xtreme Well-Known Member

^ He didn't sound like he hated Serperior and he didn't sound biased at all... he was merely giving his opinion.

19. pseudoman

pseudoman Well-Known Member

Just realized, if someone were to use memento on a contrary user, would they gain double attack and special attack?

Darkrai would be pretty hilarious with insomnia... no more magic coat users.

20. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Alright, I'll bite.

What is Contrary Serperior going to do when I throw out a Heatran?

Cue doubles players going "I gotta try me some o' that."