• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Amoonhuss should get Prankster. (Spore) =D

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
That would just be stupid. Every Pokémon needs to have either some weakness, or the ability to be taken down. Anyway I think Serene Grace is an incredible ability, but being on something like a Dunsparce is a waste. Even if it can utilize the ability in some moves, it's still a waste in my opinion.

Togekiss gets it, and abuses the hell out of it. Regigiggas and Slaking should have a useless ability, not a crippling one.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Guts on Flareon is just terrible. It can be such an amazing ability, just...not on Flareon...

pseudoman

Download would be terrible on infernape or salamence, what would they download? Sarcasm is tough to read sometimes.

Good abilities make bad pokemon better, i cant see using scizor(not saying hes bad)too much without technician.

If regigigas were to receive another ability, chances are it would be stall. I don't think GF would go much higher than that.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
first to say wonder guard should be on spiritomb and sableye, not crappy sheinja!

The thing is if they actually do that, they would have to make a Scrappy Infernape/Lucario, people have been saying that set would be inmortal but actually, scrappy would take care of making thing better.

candyson

Ultimate Sceptile
Completely agree with this. Rotom Flying with Levitate ability is by far the worst combination to come from Pokémon, due to it's lack of making any sense at all.
It negates the effect of smack down

XXD17

Draco rex
contrary on shuckle..such a good ability on a pokemon that can't use it...I mean who would try to lower its defenses fully knowing that it will still be crazy defensive or it can just switch out...my way of dealing with shuckles is by burning/ poisoning it from the get-go and then seed it...i would never try to lower its defenses...also, it can't use defense curl anymore...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I wish more Water types got Swift Swim from the Dream World, one of my favorite abilities, some that could make great use of it include, but are not limited to, Feraligatr, Empoleon, and Octillery.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
contrary on shuckle..such a good ability on a pokemon that can't use it...I mean who would try to lower its defenses fully knowing that it will still be crazy defensive or it can just switch out...my way of dealing with shuckles is by burning/ poisoning it from the get-go and then seed it...i would never try to lower its defenses...also, it can't use defense curl anymore...

Actually, there isn't a Pokemon yet that can make good use of Contrary. Even Serperior is crippled by an in-versatile movepool. Serperior DOES have Leaf Storm though, which is more than anyone else with Contrary has.

Aegon

We were being sarcastic... We, or at least, I know that both those things would never happen. It would be game-breaking to the max.
No, it wouldn't be "game-breaking". It seems to be forgotten that Wonder Guard and Sturdy do not protect the owner from statuses like Poison and Burn, nor from weather, so they can still faint from Sandstorm or Hail. Even entry hazards still effect the Pokémon.

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Actually, there isn't a Pokemon yet that can make good use of Contrary. Even Serperior is crippled by an in-versatile movepool. Serperior DOES have Leaf Storm though, which is more than anyone else with Contrary has.

^Ignore the biased Serperior hater. Serperior works really well with Contrary; it's by far the best subseeder in DW tier for being much faster than average AND having a huge offensive presence.

pseudoman

Just realized, if someone were to use memento on a contrary user, would they gain double attack and special attack?

Darkrai would be pretty hilarious with insomnia... no more magic coat users.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
^Ignore the biased Serperior hater. Serperior works really well with Contrary; it's by far the best subseeder in DW tier for being much faster than average AND having a huge offensive presence.

Alright, I'll bite.

What is Contrary Serperior going to do when I throw out a Heatran?

Just realized, if someone were to use memento on a contrary user, would they gain double attack and special attack?

Cue doubles players going "I gotta try me some o' that."