• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

XXD17

Draco rex
Actually, there isn't a Pokemon yet that can make good use of Contrary. Even Serperior is crippled by an in-versatile movepool. Serperior DOES have Leaf Storm though, which is more than anyone else with Contrary has.

Leaf storm lets it boost twice in SA and it's really fast plus it has decent SA to begin with along with good defenses so it's the best user of contrary out there...along with hidden power fire, it has decent coverage...but yes, it still mostly falls to fire types...that's why I'm hoping for dragon pulse in Gray...

Alright, I'll bite.

What is Contrary Serperior going to do when I throw out a Heatran?

hidden power ground...but heatran is one of the counters to serp...I mean EVERY pokemon has a counter even the ubers...so suggesting one pokemon doesn't really make an argument...

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
hidden power ground...but heatran is one of the counters to serp...I mean EVERY pokemon has a counter even the ubers...so suggesting one pokemon doesn't really make an argument...

Iirc, the more commonly used HP is Fire. Heatran can easily be countered by Dugtrio though.

XXD17

Draco rex
Iirc, the more commonly used HP is Fire. Heatran can easily be countered by Dugtrio though.

to tell you the truth, heatran really isn't a threat considering how many pokes pack earthquake...I mean salamence, landorus, gliscor, feraligatr, swampert. etc....heck even archeops can safely switch into a heatran if it was using flamethrower or lava plume...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Regigigas and Slaking should have a useless ability, not a crippling one.

Regigigas, Slaking, and Archeops getting useless ability that does not cuts their offensive ability still means that they are too powerful. Besides, how a useless ability would looks like? It would still ends up being a crippling one. Unless you give them an ability that has no effect, which is basically the same as making them even more stupidly powerful.

The crippling ability is needed to prevent them from getting too powerful.

Why has everybody forgotten about Defeatist Archeops? He would be AMAZING without it!

yeah, AMAZING-LY OVERPOWERED.

However, I have to admit, Defeatist cutting offensive stats by 50% is a bit too much. Cutting it by 25% would have been enough.
Slow Start also takes too much turns. 3 turns would have been enough.
As for Truant....I have no problem with it.

That is just my opinion, anyway.

pseudoman

Regigigas's only health recovery is drain punch. I think another ability or something at least would be nice.

dd1zzle

Attacks Pokemon should have learned in B/W

Sceptile - Leaf Tornado
Pignite - Body Slam
Cottonee - Rapid Spin

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
For Lopunny
Switcheroo or Trick as a Level up or TM move and NOT as an egg move!

Flareon should get Flare Blitz.

but then it'd still suck.

At the beginning of B/W, I said that Blastoise should get Shell Smash. If it didn't, I was a magic penguin. Look what I am today. A magic penguin.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Flareon doesn't learn Flare Blitz. Seriously, WTF? It's a physical fire type and it's body shape fits the description of Flare Blitz perfectly. What were they thinking?

And despite Eelektross's design and Pokedex entry, it can't learn Thunder Fang. o_O

Flareon doesn't learn Flare Blitz. Seriously, WTF? It's a physical fire type and it's body shape fits the description of Flare Blitz perfectly. What were they thinking?

And despite Eelektross's design and Pokedex entry, it can't learn Thunder Fang. o_O

Flare Blitz does make sense, but it will still suck eggs.

Salamence should have gotten Hurricane. I mean, Dragonite got it.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Regirock should definitely get Rock Wrecker. It's freaking made of rocks. Not like Golem which is just a lizard hiding inside of a rock or Rhydon which is a dinosaur that looks like it's made of rock, but Regirock is literally made of animated rocks.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Emboar's line should have gotten:mud slap, bulk up, steamroller, fire punch, submission, and body slam.
Serperior's line should have got extrasensory, dragonbreath, dragon pulse, and poison tail.
Samurott's line should have got ice fang, dual chop, psycho cut, and leaf blade.