• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

Lanik

Every Pokemon should learn Selfdestruct.A Ditto using Selfdestruct would be very messy.

I don't see the point in that. Only the good physical attackers would OHKO something with a Self-Destruct.

I don't call that fly, it should called launch or something. You can fly with your wings.

The Iron Giant and Superman can fly without wings. I think of Golurk as the Pokémon version of the Iron Giant.

Kacho

You are next.
Why can Golurk fly?
Gyarados should be able to learn Fly.

no.
note that some flying pokemon are more of "gliding" than actual flying like butterfree/birds, etc.
the gliding ones, take emolga, mantine, jumpluff, etc. they can't really fly a great distance or elevation with the move "fly"

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Yanmega should learn Fly. Its HG/SS dex entry outright confirms that it can support humans in flight.

Koffing gets Psybeam and Psywave as egg moves, so why not go the whole distance and allow them to learn Psyshock, Psychic, and Calm Mind? Also, Gunk Shot, given its preferred diet of garbage.

Drill Run for Dodrio

Glare for Onix and Steelix

Dig and Flash Cannon for Kadabra and Alakazam, Thunderbolt for the whole line

Odor Sleuth for Weedle

Poison Gas for Caterpie

tayetayetv1

Flareon should know flare blitz

BlazeVGR

AKA: Shuckles
Ninetales and Psychic. It can learn Psyshock and Extrasensory, why not Psychic? And why can't Scyther learn Fly?

I think because it isn't a "full-blown" Psychic type, it can't learn the main move of Psychic-Types.

And, I think Nintendo's excuse for why Scyther can't learn Fly is because it's evolution Scizor is too heavy to fly. And yet Pidgey can learn Fly :/

Nintendo logic.

Zachmac

I think because it isn't a "full-blown" Psychic type, it can't learn the main move of Psychic-Types.
Tell that to Gengar.
And, I think Nintendo's excuse for why Scyther can't learn Fly is because it's evolution Scizor is too heavy to fly. And yet Pidgey can learn Fly :/
Nope, that has nothing to do with it. The pokedex states it has the ability to fly, but they just don't like doing it. It's probably that they refuse too.
And just to beat the common claim: Ampharos does not learn tail glow, because it's japanese name means firefly light. No, I don't know why Manaphy learns it.
Because Manaphy glows in the dark.

Really, even if it's called firefly light, Ampharos should still learn it.

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)

Nintendo logic.

My Politoed knows Psychic. Explain your logic again.

BlazeVGR

AKA: Shuckles
My Politoed knows Psychic. Explain your logic again.

Not my logic, Nintendo's, I know there are non-Psychic types who can learn Psychic (Lucario being my favorite :D)

And I wasn't sure if that was their official excuse for Scyther, but it obviously isn't from all the other comments.

Zachmac

And I wasn't sure if that was their official excuse for Scyther, but it obviously isn't from all the other comments.
As I said, the pokedex said Scyther are rarely ever caught flying.
Lucario learning Boomerang and Bone Club?

Heck, he can learn Bone Rush. So why not Bone Club and/or Boomerang?
They're supposed to be Marowak's signature moves...they kind of broke that for Bone Rush with Lucario/Mandibuzz, but they other two are for Marowak alone.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
In response to the arguments that Pidgey and other associated regional birds should not learn Fly, I can only assume that the HM has a different effect on different pokemon based on physical aspects. Butterfree and Scyther are based on insects, meaning they have a vastly different physiology to the regional birds. The birds are each one foot tall, but that doesn't account for the wingspan of the bird, which could possibly be wide enough to support a human in flight. I can only assume that the HM somehow strengthens wing muscles, allowing them to create enough lift to carry humans through the air.

Then again, this probably isn't worth arguing.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Klinklang with Iron Head. That should give it an alternative in STAB, since it's Attack is higher than it's Sp. Attack. Strangely, it's movepool consists mostly of Sp. Attacking moves. That was just one of the phys. attack moves I thought up for Klinklang.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Klinklang with Iron Head. That should give it an alternative in STAB, since it's Attack is higher than it's Sp. Attack. Strangely, it's movepool consists mostly of Sp. Attacking moves. That was just one of the phys. attack moves I thought up for Klinklang.

To be honest, Gear Grind is better.

Why can't Mandibuzz learn Egg Bomb?

Thank you for putting that image in my head.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Luxray can't learn any claw / slash moves except night slash. It's a Lion for crying out loud.