• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

PsiOmega

An old soul
My Crobat knows Sky Attack, but neither Dragonite or Charizard can learn it. The F?

PsiOmega

An old soul
My Crobat knows Sky Attack, but neither Dragonite or Charizard can learn it. The F?

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Not sure if anyone said this but, Kyurem and sheer cold. i mean, it gives of cold from its body! FGS! Also, Kyurem and frost breath. sure it doesnt technically breath but it can use glaciate and ice beam! Also, a pokemon that shouldnt have a move is pikachu and mega punch.

Vandslaux

If Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow? Then why can Manaphy? I'm not seeing anything firefly-like.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
This just came up in another thread. anorith/armaldo is based on a prehistoric shrimp. and it's dream world ability is swift-swim. So why the heck can't it learn Surf?

SmeargleArtist

I see dead people
If Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow? Then why can Manaphy? I'm not seeing anything firefly-like.

Tail glow doesn't necessarily apply to fireflies, just anything with a part of them that glows. Ampharos should learn tail glow.

Spiritomb/sableye with wonder gaurd :p broken.
Why can tyranitar use surf if it's made of rock? It would just sink....

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Mew can get odd since it really small and you can Surf and Fly on it.

LOL. Why can't Gliscor learn fly. And why does levitating Pokes don't have levitate.

LOL. Why can't Gliscor learn fly. And why does levitating Pokes don't have levitate.

Lanik

1. Scrafty needs Sucker Punch.
2. Serperior needs Shadow Ball, Psychic, Aura Sphere and Earthquake.
3. Seismitoad needs Ice Beam.
4. Stoutland needs Double-Edge and Close Combat.
5. Leavanny needs Brick Break.

That's five of many Pokémon that need better movepools.

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
1. Empoleon could have learned razor shell (If Shellder can, why not the piplup line?)
2. Snivy/Servine/Serperior needs Twister
3. Ferroseed/Ferrothorn should have had metal sound
4. Golett/Golurk deserved drain punch, would have worked so well for that evolutionary line
5. Machamp should be able to learn bulk up normally, a heavy weight-like fighting pokemon such as Machamp, as well as superpower

Can't think of that much, most of the moves that were left out will probably be included in Black and White 2 as move tutors.

Zachmac

1. Empoleon could have learned razor shell (If Shellder can, why not the piplup line?)
Maybe because Shellder actually has a shell?
2. Serperior needs Shadow Ball, Psychic, Aura Sphere and Earthquake.
And dragon pulse. That thing would love the Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere combo.
5. Drill Peck Excadrill.
The flaw in you logic is actually rather simple.
4. Stoutland needs Double-Edge and Close Combat.
I don't really see that thing getting Close Combat....Earthquake would make sense, though.
3. Zap Cannon on the Eeveelutions, like in Generation 2.
Though it wouldn't really make sense on any of them except Jolteon. At least in my eyes.

lidaboy

procrastina...
pretty much any pokemon that has the ability prankster should be able to learn nasty plot

Infernape should have Aura Sphere.