• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves and Abilities Pokemon Should Have But Don't V2

Trainer10913

The Ninja
Which abilities do you think are wasted on Pokemon that don't even use them properly. The abilities that would benefit another, stronger Pokemon more?

Me, I think that Shed Skin would work way better on Tyranitar than its pre-evolution. But there are other Pokemon with abilities that should belong to another Pokemon. Like Download on Porygon-2. The true owner should be a power-house like Infernape or Salamance.

Any more examples out there???

first to say wonder guard should be on spiritomb and sableye, not crappy sheinja!

I think Download should be right where it is...If it were to get into the hands of Pokemon like Infernape or Salamence they'd both be too broken. The distribution of abilities that exists now I think was created for balance. Porygon-2 being a Normal Type, needs that kind of stuff for support. But if I had to choose, I'd say Technician could be on a few other Pokemon and maybe Slaking should get something other than Truant

And to the 2 posts above me....why....

Calamity™

aka Lamia
first to say wonder guard should be on spiritomb and sableye, not crappy sheinja!

That would just be stupid. Every Pokémon needs to have either some weakness, or the ability to be taken down. Anyway I think Serene Grace is an incredible ability, but being on something like a Dunsparce is a waste. Even if it can utilize the ability in some moves, it's still a waste in my opinion.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Adaptability on Porygon-Z and eevee only.
and that Dream World ability on Shuckle.

I agree! Shedinja should have the Sturdy ability instead.
That would have made Shedinja pretty unstoppable.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Tinted Lens on basically everything that gets it.

Seriously. Negating 2x weaknesses and turning 4x weaknesses into 2x weaknesses is way too be beast to used on crappy Bug types.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Tinted Lens on basically everything that gets it.

Seriously. Negating 2x weaknesses and turning 4x weaknesses into 2x weaknesses is way too be beast to used on crappy Bug types.

Who you callin crappy?
[IMG200]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8obG9FvhXJbX75tKEfAMSyCmjOGGn0pErqXUjRmdyhctFuDTd[/IMG200]

But In all seriousness levitate on Rotom flying.

Not the best pokemon to have levitate on considering its flying type.

Ugh, I'm still shaking my head. That is the most unfortunate type addition ever. Although it is fun to play with an air balloon and baton pass magnet rise, 16x immunity.

Thank you smogon, I will definitely try that someday. >_>

McDanger

I agree! Shedinja should have the Sturdy ability instead.

that would be just cruel
I think Download should be right where it is...If it were to get into the hands of Pokemon like Infernape or Salamence they'd both be too broken. The distribution of abilities that exists now I think was created for balance. Porygon-2 being a Normal Type, needs that kind of stuff for support. But if I had to choose, I'd say Technician could be on a few other Pokemon and maybe Slaking should get something other than Truant

And to the 2 posts above me....why....

download would be good for magnezone too i think

i think technician sucks on breloom, it would be better on infernape/lucario
and huge power to slaking

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wonder Guard shouldn't be a part of the game! Shedinja should just get something else, like Levitate, magic bounce or something

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I don't think any Pokemon having any ability is a waste. A weak Pokemon having a useful ability doesn't deny said ability to other Pokemon. If anything we should be happy these Pokemon get a little boost.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Magnemite family needs levitate. In my diamond game, magnezone is probably my weakest pokemon cause it gets crushed so easily by earthquake. not to mention many of magnemites pokedex entry says it LEVITATES with its magnet powers.

also i think the starters need more than just an ability that strengthens their types moves when weak.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Pokemon that actually get Tinted Lens.

True.

[IMG200]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvP_O-5YWhJRo2nKdxGTVswmb_YCtUm915T_bNzpzauJCZJYkQuw[/IMG200]

Not to mention Delibird's getting Insomnia coughvitalspiritagaincough.

Delibird's far from good, but this is simply laughable.

As for good abilities on bad pokemon...

eh i got nothin.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
But In all seriousness levitate on Rotom flying.

Not the best pokemon to have levitate on considering its flying type.

Completely agree with this. Rotom Flying with Levitate ability is by far the worst combination to come from Pokémon, due to it's lack of making any sense at all.

that would be just cruel

download would be good for magnezone too i think

i think technician sucks on breloom, it would be better on infernape/lucario
and huge power to slaking

I like this idea a lot. It would make Slaking a tank.