1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Moves in the Anime That Don't Look How You Imagined

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Bulba the Great!, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

I've not imagine IceBeam in a tri-shot. In the anim, it's 3 beams started by a sphere point. In the game, it's... a line. But it's better in the anim :D

2. Arceusgamer14

Arceusgamer14 Well-Known Member

Roar of Time look so much better in the anime than in the games

3. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

Fire pledge really was nothing like i thought it was going to be like.

4. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

I imagined Grass Knot to be more...lethal looking, I suppose. It looks so obvious just to have a literal blade of grass in a knot trip the opponent, although I know that's technically the description.

5. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

Also water pulse comparing it to how the game makes it look. water pulse looks so much cooler in the anime then in the games

6. Lucario Fan

Lucario Fan Well-Known Member

Aqua Tail: In BW it looks like Water Gun coming out from the tail.

7. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Fire Pledge and Roar of Time look way epic in the anime.

8. Hudsonn98

Hudsonn98 Well-Known Member

Hydro Cannon looks incredibly weak and the whole Air Slash/Air Cutter thing doesn't make sense....

9. Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Kenny Pkmn Trainer Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!

Dragon Rush , as recently ( Black and white 2 watchers will know what i mean ) epic :)

10. thenightmareinducer16

thenightmareinducer16 Active Member

This was said before, but Absorb.

11. Gunk Shot being a garbage bag thrown at the opponent

12. fitzy909

fitzy909 Just another guy

Flash cannon, electro ball, energy ball all look cool. I think the new seismic toss is pretty bad and so is hydro cannon and hyper beam. they are the ultimate moves people, they need to look oh i don't know.... ultimate!!!!

13. Brownie

Brownie Anti Drew & paul fan

Hyper Beam, I expected it to be SEIZURE INDUCING like in the games.

14. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

Dark Void. I would like my Darkrai to open a portal in the ground, sending enemies to a nightmare inducing dimension that causes those who see it while awake to go completely mad. Not launching some sleep inducing sphere.

15. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

Psychic always looks a bit off to me. Especially since making Pokemon levitate is never in any of the move animations, and that's what psychic always does in the anime.

16. IcySealeo

IcySealeo Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

Also, Dual Chop was a very big disappointment. People always wanted to see its debut and when it finally debuts it gets a lame animation that resembles Tackle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.