• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves Pokemon SHOULDN'T be Able to Learn

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Are there some Pokemon that make you wonder why the Pokemon is able to learn the move. For example, despite having no visible teeth, Shelgon is capable of knowing Bite, Crunch, and Fire Fang.

~Kurou

to see you smile
I dont think gyarados should be able to learn flamethrower

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
Scizor- Steel wing, Roost (Yes it has wings, but you can't fly unless you were in Gold... and was transferred from red, blue, or yellow.)
Blazekein- Brave bird, feather dance (bird yes, fly no. Brave bird is an ariel move, and don't ask about the feathers. Not good.)
Sneasel/Weavile- Surf, Whirlpool (Who taught you to swim? Learn Waterfall instead, will ya?)
Magmortor- Focus/fire/thunderpunch (no fists, just guns)
Probopass- Power gem ( same reasons why Blazekein shouldn't learn featherdance- where does it come from? Not good) (ok, from it's nose. Sneeze)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kirlia and Togetic learning magical leaf, oh, wait, Mr. Mime learns it too.
I'm like, ????? where does that come from anyway, like poof out of nowhere? lol

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How non-grass Pokemon can use grass knot

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
How can Doduo/Dotrio use Fly if it doesn't have any wings. Yeah, I know it's flying type. But so is GYRADOS! And Gyrados can't learn Fly.

How non-grass Pokemon can use grass knot

They're using a grass rope to trip the other Pokemon. This one kind of makes sense.

How can Doduo/Dotrio use Fly if it doesn't have any wings. Yeah, I know it's flying type. But so is GYRADOS! And Gyrados can't learn Fly.

Originally the flying type was supposed to be the bird type. That's why they can learn fly. Any bird could learn it.

I think Dugtrio and Aerial Ace is the funniest one.

Last edited:

Remmie

Why does Magikarp doesn't know any water moves when it is a water type why did Espeon could learn Zap Cannon in RSE? Mysteries...

Zachmac

Why does Magikarp doesn't know any water moves when it is a water
Well, maybe it could if it could actually swim(yeah, it can't).
why did Espeon could learn Zap Cannon in RSE? Mysteries...
it's psychic, I don't think zapping an enemy will be too much of a challenge for it.
Kirlia and Togetic learning magical leaf, oh, wait, Mr. Mime learns it too.
Um, magical leaf.
Any non grass pokemon with solarbeam. animals cant absorb sunlight to use for whatever, so why can non grass pokemon learn it??
Who said they have to do it the same way grass types do? They just have to launch of blast of solar energy.
Gyarados can also learn ice beam, tunder, and fire blast.
Really!? Dragons are magic! I never knew that.

I don't understand dodrio learning fly either, but i did see a funny comic where the dodrio twisted its heads and flew like a helicopter as it heads unspun.

Dugtrio and aerial ace? o_O Ha, maybe that will give us a clue as to what the rest of its body is like. It must have wings. (Not really, I'm just kidding on that one.)

No. 1 Machop Fan

Machop shouldn't be able to learn Scary Face. Who could be scared of THAT cute face?