• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves Pokemon SHOULDN'T be Able to Learn

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Way way too many Pokemon can learn Thunderbolt.

zozo

SLIMED!
Here's one that's bugged me for a long time. Seeing Marbi Z's avatar brought it to mind:

Lopunny really shouldn't know any punching moves (elemental punches, focus punch, sky uppercut) They should be learning more Kicks instead. You know, Rolling Kick, Blaze Kick, Triple Kick, etc.

I mean, they have these long, shapely, presumably powerful legs (they can Bounce high enough to stay in the air for an entire turn before finally landing on the opponent), which are even mentioned in several pokedex entries as being their primary attacking...appendages. And yet, they only get two kicking moves. On the other hand, they can fire off five powerful punches from their teeny, short, skinny arms. Arms which are, in the games at least, hardly noticeable. Never made any sense to me.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Here's one that's bugged me for a long time. Seeing Marbi Z's avatar brought it to mind:

Lopunny really shouldn't know any punching moves (elemental punches, focus punch, sky uppercut) They should be learning more Kicks instead. You know, Rolling Kick, Blaze Kick, Triple Kick, etc.

I mean, they have these long, shapely, presumably powerful legs (they can Bounce high enough to stay in the air for an entire turn before finally landing on the opponent), which are even mentioned in several pokedex entries as being their primary attacking...appendages. And yet, they only get two kicking moves. On the other hand, they can fire off five powerful punches from their teeny, short, skinny arms. Arms which are, in the games at least, hardly noticeable. Never made any sense to me.

Sky uppercut is justified because I think it's like a leaping uppercut or something and would thus derive power from the legs to an extent. But the other ones, good point.

Snorlax and Selfdestruct. God, I do not want to know where that blast comes from...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I think Cinccino can learn Rock Blast. That's not very logical

Nacreous

Fire trainer

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Snorlax and Selfdestruct. God, I do not want to know where that blast comes from...

The excess fat ignites a chemical reaction with the stomach acids- I don't know. This combination was also my first thought when I saw this thread.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Many of the Ghosts can learn it too.

zozo

SLIMED!
Sky uppercut is justified because I think it's like a leaping uppercut or something and would thus derive power from the legs to an extent. But the other ones, good point.

Okay then, I can understand Sky Uppercut. That does make some sense.

And as for Snorlax's Selfdestruct, I think they always carry one extra wafer-thin mint or some other small eatable just in case they need to be suddenly pushed from ridiculously obese to a-sploded.

Though that's... kind of nasty when I think of it! XD

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
I think Cinccino can learn Rock Blast. That's not very logical
It picks up a rock with its tail and then throws it. It can only throw as many rocks as it can find near it. Then with skill link it's able to find rocks easier.

I agree.The same with Aerial Ace.
Aerial Ace has nothing to do with being in the air or flying. It has to do with moving fast and then hitting the opponent. It's in the move description. That's how Serperior can learn it.

~Riding a Volcarona with Flame Body
~Getting Attracted and immobilized by love on such UGLY (*cough*Feebas*cough) Pokemon.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
~Riding a Volcarona with Flame Body
~Getting Attracted and immobilized by love on such UGLY (*cough*Feebas*cough) Pokemon.
Just like genetics, there's only a 30% chance you'll get a fire crotch.
Love is a powerful thing. Besides, attract makes you look very appealing to afflicted Pokemon.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Genderless Pokemon should not be able to learn Attract or Capivate. Period.

I may edit those post sometime when I can think of something less ovious that doesn't sound too troll-ish.