• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves Pokemon SHOULDN'T be Able to Learn

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Vandslaux

How Shroomish learns Drain Punch, Wake-up Slap, and Focus Punch are beyond me.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Genderless Pokemon should not be able to learn Attract or Capivate. Period.

I may edit those post sometime when I can think of something less ovious that doesn't sound too troll-ish.

I think there's only one genderless Pokemon that learns Attract... No, two. Cryogonal and Mew. As for Captivate, only Mew. Competitively when do you ever see either. Except for Mew since it's an Uber.

KingWiggins

Wooper with Ice Punch. Ha.

Also, Slowbro and Manetric with Fire Blast and Flamethrower...?

Last edited:

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
And I was surprised when I saw that many pokemon can learn rollout
Snorlax, Wailord, Onix(Steelix), Sudowoodo
Can you imagine them doing rollout? Especially Snorlax

P.S.Primeape doing Iron tail withiut it...LOL

KingWiggins

Salamence can learn Rollout... perfect...

KingWiggins

I don't know if it was already mentioned but Persian with Aerial Ace. WTF?!

Aerial Ace isn't technically really mean that the pokemon is flying... the best way I can put it is a weaker version of Double Edge, just a weaker flying type equivalent.

Lanik

I don't know if it was already mentioned but Persian with Aerial Ace. WTF?!

Using aerial ace means to slash the target with blades or claws at high speed. If you read the move's details you'd know. Persian is a cat so it makes sense for it to use aerial ace. And aerial ace covers up Persian's fighting-type weakness as well as benefits from Technician.

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
But one of the weirdest is Skuntank learning Flamethrower, I don't get why.

You dont wanna know. Same with Ambipom, Infernape, Primape and Slaking learning Gunk Shot.

I was always bemused by Donphan learning Seed Bomb in gen 4, does it shoot it out of its trunk?

And Grass Knot seems to be known by every grass type and then just a bunch of random pokemon with no connection to it;Rattata, Pikachu, Solrock, Matagross, Darmanitan and Haxorus just to name a few.

KingWiggins

Using aerial ace means to slash the target with blades or claws at high speed. If you read the move's details you'd know. Persian is a cat so it makes sense for it to use aerial ace. And aerial ace covers up Persian's fighting-type weakness as well as benefits from Technician.

With claws...? I thought that it was like a weaker (flying type equivalent) of Double Edge because of the anime... huh...

Lanik

With claws...? I thought that it was like a weaker (flying type equivalent) of Double Edge because of the anime... huh...

Do you see 120 base power and 100% accuracy on aerial ace? No. Aerial ace is nothing like Double Edge. It doesn't even result in recoils. Anime logic and game logic aren't the same.

Also, Brave Bird is the flying-type equivalent of Double-Edge, if that's what you want to know.