• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves Pokemon SHOULDN'T be Able to Learn

KingWiggins

Do you see 120 base power and 100% accuracy on aerial ace? No. Aerial ace is nothing like Double Edge. It doesn't even result in recoils. Anime logic and game logic aren't the same.

That wasn't what I was talking about, though. I thought Double Edge and Aerial Ace were both tackles, which in Bulbapedia, it kinda says it can be both. Power doesn't matter, nor does recoil in the matter.

Lanik

That wasn't what I was talking about, though. I thought Double Edge and Aerial Ace were both tackles, which in Bulbapedia, it kinda says it can be both. Power doesn't matter, nor does recoil in the matter.

They're both physically offensive moves, but that's the only thing they have in common. Again, it's better to compare Double-Edge to Brave Bird rather than Aerial Ace. It's makes more sense that way. If you want a move equivalent to Aerial Ace, see Faint Attack.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Competitively when do you ever see either. Except for Mew since it's an Uber.

I see Cryogonal a lot in NU (Fuk everyone who says NU isn't competitive), and Mew alot in UU.
Also Mew is not an uber in 5th gen, dunno where your getting that from, though it was uber in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen.

Star✰Destroyer

No Im NOT Luke's dad
If mew is uber are jirachi, celebi, etc. Uber??

Diglett/Dugtrio shouldn't know Aerial Ace (like Wtf)
Joltik should be able to use Thunder
Wooper shouldn't be able to use Ice Punch

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
In my honest opinion, I just think the creators put that to troll us about them :p

Lol, true. I'm not complaining though. Gives a much needed grass coverage. Haha...I wonder if we will ever see what is under the ground when it comes to Diglett.

P.S. Dude, love the pic in your sig. GoT is awesomesauce. Watching the new one tonight that I missed yesterday!

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
It's a mole. Its claws are underground, therefore, to perform physical moves, it just pulls them out and attacks. Simple as that.

And a pokemon doesn't need to jump to perform Aerial Ace. Aerial Ace is about confounding the foe with high speed, and then attacking.

Last edited:

Sound

how can cloyster learn poison jab.

Definatly not because of that spear right above its face.

Edit: Okay, the non sarcasm answer. All pokemon can learn toxic, which means that TMs can allow a pokemon to create poison in their body. Therefore, it's possible that any pokemon with the neccesary appendage can learn Poison Jab.

Last edited:

Sound

;129; ;374;

I just breezed through the move's page, you expect me to notice two pokemon missing? Well, I guess in Beldum's case, it's kind of ironic givin my avatar, but still.

Oh, and :602:

Last edited:

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
I just breezed through the move's page, you expect me to notice two pokemon missing? Well, I guess in Beldum's case, it's kind of ironic givin my avatar, but still.

Oh, and :602:

You're forgetting ;010;;011;;013;;014;;265;;266;;268; That's all I can think of.

You're forgetting ;010;;011;;013;;014;;265;;266;;268; That's all I can think of.

;010; ;011; ;013; ;014; ;129; ;132; ;201-a; ;202; ;235; ;265; ;266; ;268; ;360; ;374; ;401; ;412; ;415; :602:

Cryogonal and Volcarona shouldn't be able to use Poison Jab
I'll just repeat the others too: Dugtrio shouldn't be able to use Aerial Ace, Wooper shouldn't be able to use Ice Punch
And yes, Shroomish shouldn't be able to Focus Punch

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don`t know was it mentioned or not...
But Primeape learning Iron Tail without a tail...:)

Because Mankey has a tail.

Wooper > Ice Punch
Shroomish > Focus Punch

Because their evos have arms.

Salamence can learn Rollout... perfect...

Because Shelgon can use it.

I don't know if it was already mentioned but Persian with Aerial Ace. WTF?!

Nothing wrong with that. Aerial Ace is based on a sword technique. It's a slashing move.

Diglett/Dugtrio shouldn't know Aerial Ace (like Wtf)

Diglett and Dugtrio have claws underneath; they can learn Slash, Cut, Scratch, Night Slash and Shadow Claw. So Aerial Ace is not a problem.

Rapidash, Qwilfish, Whirlipede, Cryogonal, Bouffalant, Volcarona, Cobalion, Terrakion and Keldeo shouldn't be able to use Poison Jab

I understand your point with some of those, but why on earth would you think Qwilfish and Whirlipede shouldn't learn Poison Jab? They're both Poison-types with spiky appendages.
And Bouffalant and the muskadeers have horns they can use.

Tonguetyd

The Cyndaquil family learns Iron Tail in Generation 2,if I remember right.Also,Ponyta learns Horn Drill in generation 1.