• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves Pokemon SHOULDN'T be Able to Learn

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Well they both have feet and hands.

miju~

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
Sharpedo can learn earthquake... That I find a bit odd.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Hitmonchan uses its fists in fighting, so i imagine its legs would serve only for moving, not anything else, same with Hitmonlee's arms; serve no use in battle.

Well, apparently not. XD

Hitmonlee learns Brick Break, Poison Jab, Rock Smash, Strength, Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, Bullet Punch, Focus Punch, and Sucker Punch. All of which either have reference to the user's hands in either the move's name or description.

Hitmonchan learns Low Sweep (which can be argued is not done with his legs), Bulldoze, Hi Jump Kick, and Low Kick. Most of which explicitly reference the user's legs. The only one that doesn't is Low Sweep, but it's heavily implied.

Earthia100

Ya know that one pokewalker route that you could get a while back with Muchlaxes that knew explosion? That gave me the wrong impression. Like beaned-up Muchlax or something.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
Scizor- Steel wing, Roost (Yes it has wings, but you can't fly unless you were in Gold... and was transferred from red, blue, or yellow.)
Blazekein- Brave bird, feather dance (bird yes, fly no. Brave bird is an ariel move, and don't ask about the feathers. Not good.)
Sneasel/Weavile- Surf, Whirlpool (Who taught you to swim? Learn Waterfall instead, will ya?)
Magmortor- Focus/fire/thunderpunch (no fists, just guns)
Probopass- Power gem ( same reasons why Blazekein shouldn't learn featherdance- where does it come from? Not good) (ok, from it's nose. Sneeze)

I'm sorry, but these make no sense.

Magmortar has hands, they retract into the cannons (like Megaman)

Power Gem is a Special Attack...it doesn't necessarily need a source.

Scizor with no Steel Wing? What?

And one could argue that Blaziken is the bravest bird of them all!

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
Is it just me, or does the fact that the Elemental Monkeys all learn Fling just a little subliminal dirty humor? The Japanese are known for it, and it wouldn't be the first time it happened in pokemon

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
lickylicky and munchlax learning explosion. how does that happen? eating to much?

Actually, only licklicky knows explosion; munchlax learns selfdestruct instead.

Noe for the fridge horror: Look at self-destruct's japanese name and imaging how munchlax would use that move.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
self desturct in chinease means self destruction

yeah, but you should look at the Japanese name, not the Chinese :3

What still bothers me is Golurk that learns fly. Or Pidgey and all other tiny birds, just look at the smosh video to see how stupid that is.

thekorean

Well Golurk is a ghost type. And that makes it learning Fly make sense as Ghosts do tend to float and Golurk is big enough to carry a passenger on its back.