• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves that are used in the anime that cannot be learned in the games

Leonhart

Imagineer
Alexander Dusk Lycanroc said:
I have to say, It's very odd how the anime works. For example, In the anime, the trainer tells their Pokemon to dodge an attack, and they do it, and whenever I try that, I just get nothing, and somehow, when I am quiet, it dodges because my in-game trainer told it to. How does that work???

The anime's take on evasion makes far more sense than the games' from my perspective. It makes sense for Pokemon to evade attacks if they can, although I've always found it a little redundant that a trainer usually has to tell their Pokemon to dodge in the anime given that Pokemon seem smart enough to figure that out on their own, but I suppose that most Pokemon still wait for their owners to issue a command even if they already know what to do just for the sake of teamwork and seeming obedient.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I have to say, It's very odd how the anime works. For example, In the anime, the trainer tells their Pokemon to dodge an attack, and they do it, and whenever I try that, I just get nothing, and somehow, when I am quiet, it dodges because my in-game trainer told it to. How does that work???

It's a video game. Same reason Mario doesn't just walk around the pipes.

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Trainer determined to protect friends
Nice job missing the point. Your opening posts don't even make sense so it's funny that you're trying to make the Mario argument out to be in the wrong when you didn't even know that Pikachu can learn Iron Tail in the games...
I have known it for a LONG time I just didn't have the chance to ask people since when it could learn it (I figured it could learn it as soon as I got my first ash - hat Pikachu).

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Can this thread be closed? It seems to outlive its purpose as the question has been answered and is now devolving into bickery
Sure. But I do need to ask something. Can any of the Lycanroc's learn a dragon type move? I'm asking this because of Gladion using the dragon type Z-move with his Lycanroc. Or was that Zoroark?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I think in the 3rd episode Kessie told Ekans to “go underground.” Can Ekans learn dig? Even if it can, “go underground” isn’t an official move name.

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

I think in the 3rd episode Kessie told Ekans to “go underground.” Can Ekans learn dig? Even if it can, “go underground” isn’t an official move name.
Im Pretty sure Ekans can learn dig, in the Let's go Pikachu and Eevee, Ekans learns dig at level 10. Sometimes trainers say things for their Pokemon to Imitate Certain moves.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

Jessie? Her Arbok did know Dig and he used it a few times like in the episode about the giant ancient Pokemon because I remember that Arbok dug underground and retrieved one of the artifacts from inside the ruins...

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Jessie? Her Arbok did know Dig and he used it a few times like in the episode about the giant ancient Pokemon because I remember that Arbok dug underground and retrieved one of the artifacts from inside the ruins...
Wait, Does Jessie's arbok even have a gender?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Of course it has a gender why would it be genderless? But when I said 'he' I didn't mean that it's 100% confirmed to be male - I just call most Pokemon 'he' automatically. It's a bad habit of mine...
Oh. Ok. Also, I know arbok is not genderless. I'm not joking about this, my knowledge about pokemon is G O D. I know about everything about pokemon. I only don't understand the anime and why pokemon use moves they cannot learn in the anime.

Last edited:

raichu27

Pinsir using Bullet Seed
Ash's Bulbasaur, using Dig and Whirlwind
Ash's Charmander and Pikachu using Tackle
Ash's Pikachu using Leer
Jessie's Arbok using Tackle
Loudred using Dig

These are the ones that come to mind.