• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves that pokemon DO learn but shouldn't

Aurath8

I am truly shameless.
I think Manaphy shouldn't learn Tail Glow. It doesn't fit the japanese translation firefly light, or the english name either. It simply has it to p*ss off Ampharos.

Zachmac

Doduo shouldn't get tri attack until it evolves.

That's not a problem anymore, though, since it can't learn it in the 4th gen.

I think Manaphy shouldn't learn Tail Glow. It doesn't fit the japanese translation firefly light, or the english name either. It simply has it to p*ss off Ampharos.
Those things on it's head glow iirc.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Why you hatin on my namesake? jk haha

I don't think Daikenki should learn Encore. Just kinda odd...

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Why the hell can Primape learn thunder, or Manetric learning flamethrower.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Machop shouldn't be able to learn Scary Face. Who could be scated of that cute face? :D <3

Same goes with Flareon.

Last edited:

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
I believe that all non-Rock-type Pokémon should not be able to learn Stealth Rock, as in my opinion it does not even begin to make sense for them to be able to use such a move.

Wanizaru

zigzagoon can learn thunderbolt and rhydon can learn surf. wtf?

Wanizaru

zigzagoon can learn thunderbolt and rhydon can learn surf. wtf?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Those things on it's head glow iirc.
Yes, but are they fireflies or tails? No. They're antennae, which means it makes no sense for Manaphy to learn it.

Lucario can apparently learn Dragon Pulse.

Lucario gets most, if not all pulse attacks, I think it has to do with its whole aura controlling deal.

Now, Torchic learning Mega Punch, DynamicPunch, and Seismic Toss through FR/LG/E move tutors, THAT makes no sense.

Aurath8

Shuckle is capable of using double team despite being the slowest pokemon. Apparently, double team means moving so fast it appears as if they're making copies of themselves. Huge pokemon like Snorlax, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Hariyama and Groundon couldn't possibly move such huge bodies that fast without seriously damaging themselves.

AZX612

On my own here we go
Gible + Earthquake = Not Enough Body Mass

Normal Types can learn alot of different Typed Attacks.

The EVER SO POPULAR Wooper + Ice Punch = Wooper has no Arms!

And if you got your Togepi from FR/LG and didnt waste the Softboiled Tutor on a Chansey/Blissy/Eggacute/Exeggutor, then Togetic/Togekiss (Togekiss if you Migrate the Togetic) with Softboiled. THEY HAVE NO EGG. And what does Togepi do? Hatch itself? Lol.

Zachmac

Gible + Earthquake = Not Enough Body Mass
Gible + Ground Type = Earth Magic
Normal Types can learn alot of different Typed Attacks.
That's because normal type is basically "magic type", in my opinion.
Yes, but are they fireflies or tails? No. They're antennae, which means it makes no sense for Manaphy to learn it.
But once you think about it FIREFLYS Don't have tails.

It's a glow attack that boost special attack, manaphy glows. The end.

Dattebayo

Banned
Hand-related moves learned by armless Pokemon and special moves learned by some Pokemon such as Tauros and Pokemon who are more physical oriented.

D

Deleted member 133172

diglett shouldn't get scratch,

what does it scratch with? o-o

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Primeape can have Iron Tail even though it doesn't have a tail (Mankey, however, does have a tail so...yeah)

But I'm pretty sure it can actually learn it! By TM, a PRIMEAPE can learn it,

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
Primape and Alakazam, because of their pre-evolutions, can learn Iron Tail, so they attack with something they don't have.

...Not that you'd teach a Kadabra Iron Tail, anyways. If you do, you need to see its attack stat.

Plus, Porygon can learn Tri Attack. What is it attacking with? Tri Attack is already a wierd move, and Porygon learning it is even stranger.