1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't (new edition)

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Pikachu Fan Number Nine, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Just as the title says. Are there any moves that you think could fit a certain Pokemon but they aren't currently able to learn it?

I have a few suggestions:

*Scizor should be able to use Crabhammer as its pincers are not unlike those of crabs (not to mention it could help counter its Fire double-weakness)

*The Pikachu family should be able to learn biting attacks such as Bite. Real-life mice and rats must constantly gnaw (a form of biting) to keep their incisors from getting too big (a trait found in all rodents).

*All mammalian Pokemon should be able to learn Milk Drink at least through a TM since it is based off what baby mammals do for nutrition.

2. Razor Leafeon

Razor Leafeon The Shadow Remains Cast!

Scyther should be able to learn fly, especially because that Pidgey and Zubat can.

3. EonDragonFTW

EonDragonFTW Well-Known Member

Black kyurem and pretty much every physical ice move bar freeze shock, and it should learn earthquake too.

4. Burakoru

Burakoru Belly Slide

Gyarados should be able to learn Aerial Ace; if Heracross, Mr. Mime, Volcarona, and MANTYKE can learn Aerial Ace (by TM or Level up) why not Gyarados?

5. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

inb4 Flareon anything

6. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

Venusaur should learn Spore (at least by breeding). He was going to become destructive!

Not only mammalian, it should be also required to be female.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  7. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

And I don't know if this quite fits the topic, but I actually DON'T think that pidgey and zubat should be able to use fly, as it is totally illogical! But if they can learn it, then as I suggested before there is really no reason why togetic and ledian shouldn't be able to learn it!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  8. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Garchomp needs Fly. Why? It's dex entry, that's why

9. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

That and in the anime episode "Loosing its Lustrous", Cynthia's garchomp does fly. Twice. When I saw that I was totally flabbergasted and speechless (I still haven't read closely its dex entry now, much less when I saw that, so I wouldn't have known from that).

10. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

lol, It's funny that growlithe can't learn growl.

11. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

Yeah. xD You'd think it growls enough... xD

12. Canto

Canto Well-Known Member

Emboar's Pokédex entry from Black:
    It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin. It cares deeply about its friends.

Yet it can only learn Fire Punch via Move Tutor. That's a little jacked up.

13. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

All pokémon with teeth should learn bite/crunch
    Roserade should at least learn powerwhip/vine whip due to it's pokedex entry
    Samurott has his shell armor, but cannot learn shell smash. Also, his pokedex entry that he dominates others by glaring/howling, yet can't learn the moves himself...if he only had outrage

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  14. Canto

Canto Well-Known Member

That would be, like, every Pokémon. :p Also, I don't think it would be too odd if Escavalier got Cross Poison.

15. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Pointless but it makes sense that it should learn this. Zangoose and Cut. Zangoose learns practically nearly every other cutting/slashing move but it can't learn Cut.

16. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

Walrein, Empoleon, Glalie, Abomasnow, and Kyurem should all get Icicle Crash.

17. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I got another one. Growlithe and Arcanine should learn Lick. Didn't we see Growlie lick James at certain points in the anime? Not to mention a lot of dogs in real life like to lick people they like.

18. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

i say that druddigon should be able to learn fly.

19. Azurus

Azurus The Ancient Absol

Golurk can learn fly.

20. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

Bite/Crunch is generally learned by Pokemons that are carnivorous.

The simple fact it has teeth doesn't mean it's a good biter/cruncher.

Also, it would be very boring if every Pokemon with teeth would be able to learn those moves.