• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't (new edition)

Luthor

Chatot, with its song abilities, should learn Perish Song.

yeah i'll agree with this one it's abilties do imple it suits it.It would certainly be an intresting one.

Machamp - Mach Punch. Why? Because the Pokédex says that it can fire a thousand punches in 2 seconds flat. Well, it has Bullet Punch, but only as an Egg Move.

Agreed the pokedex does imply it.
Based on appearance, Cofagrigus should be able to know at least Shadow Punch. It has arms made of shadows.

yeah i don't know why it dosn't.It even has arms in it's pre-evolved form so there no real reason not to.

Raichu needs all the elemental punches.
Brave Bird shouldn't be a egg move for Skarmory, let it learn it naturally.

firstly on Raichu i'll agree given that raichu is capable of quite afew punching attacks the elemental punches would make sense.
Secondly on skarmory i think it's fine as it is given other flying type moves but i wouldn't mind if it was added.

now a few ones from me.

hypno and drowzee.-Dream eater given that many of it's pokedex entries talk about it eating dreams i've never understood why it can only learn it by tm.
Unfeazent,pigeot,swellow and staraptor- acrobatics it's a flying type move and yet it can't be learnt by the any main regional birds.But can be used by farfetch'd, lunatone and abmipom .Plus it would give unfeazent a far more reliable stab.
Escavalier-gyro ball.If dunsparce can learn gyro ball a slow steel type could do with it.
Serperior- glare and earthquake.most snakes are capable of both why not serperior.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Don't they have Hurricane?

ah yeah, Articuno gets Hurricane in B2/W2....but it's at Level 92, and Zapdos still doesn't have any Special-based Flying move.

Celebi should be able to learn Roar of Time...

Celebi is a time traveler, not time controller.

Anyway, Ampharos would love to have access to Tail Glow. Manaphy, which lacks any tail and is definitely not a firefly, can learn the move anyway.

So now there's no reason for why Ampharos is still unable to learn the move.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Samurott can't learn Glare, Shell Smash, Bite/Crunch (All pokémon with fangs should've learned it), Outrage, or Close Combat
Sneasel/Weavile can't learn Dynamicpunch anymore
I have a few more but can't think of one

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Donphan, being an Elephant-like creature, should totally be able to learn Hydro Pump. Shoot that jack right out of his trunk!

Also, Stunfisk and Scary Face.

Zachmac

Samurott can't learn Glare, Shell Smash, Bite/Crunch (All pokémon with fangs should've learned it), Outrage, or Close Combat
Sneasel/Weavile can't learn Dynamicpunch anymore
I have a few more but can't think of one
Glare is mostly unique to snake pokemon.
ah yeah, Articuno gets Hurricane in B2/W2....but it's at Level 92, and Zapdos still doesn't have any Special-based Flying move.
Doesn't the whole trio get Hurricane?

Though I agree that having Air Slash and the like would still be nice. And make more sense, as they're the legendary birds...

Last edited:

Zachmac

Froslass can't use haze but cofagrigus, ghastly, litwick, darkrai, and zekrom can? It's an ice/ghost type and the move is an ice type.
Well, to be fair, Zekrom only gets it through a special event.

I also think it's Japanese name was "black mist", which doesn't go along with Froslass's appearance that much, so I don't find it that odd.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I also think it's Japanese name was "black mist", which doesn't go along with Froslass's appearance that much, so I don't find it that odd.

Same thing can be said about half the pokemon who know the move, quagsire, vaporeon, etc. But since froslass is a ghost fading off into the shadows is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Glare is mostly unique to snake pokemon

Or it least Howl and Leer, I'm just following the pokedex entry. And should almost every pokémon should learn body slam or iick?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
And should almost every pokémon should learn body slam or iick?

Back when it was a TM, it was learnable by 103 out of 151 pokemon. So, for a time, it was, but then I guess Game Freak decided that we needed to have fewer bad TMs and gave us Defense Curl.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I think that Jirachi should not learn body slam. I mean, that thing is just too small to keep paralyzing you

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I think I said Earthquake at one point, but really man. Outrage and he should be fighting or steel