• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't (new edition)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Wait, what should be Fighting or steel? o_O

Ok thank you. Its the unova starters that cant learn it. But Emboar can I think

Now, water/fighting or water/steel

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
They need to give Blastoise Shell Smash.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Samurott and Torterra would like that too.
Also, Samurott should learn Dual Chop, Outrage, or Icicle crash

Samurott

Well Dual Chop, Outrage, and Icicle Crash.

I can see Dual Chop since in the Anime the one kid had it use both its swords Dual chop would be good and do good damge.

Outrage, It depends on if you want it to a physical or special attacker.

I guess samething with Icicle crash also.

And WHY WOULD it be Part fighting or steel D:<...

That would ruin Samuott

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
And WHY WOULD it be Part fighting or steel D:<...

That would ruin Samuott

Mainly Samurott is based of a samurai and fighting would make a good typing for it. Steel however are usually the materials that most samurais use for their weapons. It would get the grass resistance, but it would only gives him the weakness to fighting, electric, and possibly ground

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Doesn't the whole trio get Hurricane?

nope. Moltres gets Air Slash and Hurricane, Articuno gets Hurricane, and Zapdos gets nothing.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
nope. Moltres gets Air Slash, Articuno gets Hurricane, and Zapdos gets nothing.

That's weird...
Most pokémon can't learn bite/crunch
Some heavy pokémon can't learn Body Slam, but Jirachi can

icebolt

Aerial Ace
Blastoise? Pfft. Give Shelgon Shell Sm---*shot*
Also they might've not have given Zapdos Hurricane because with STAB Hurricane and Thunder it'll be overpowered in the rain.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Heracross should be able to learn x-scizor.

Kind of hard to slice things in an X motion if you're the singlehorn pokémon, isn't it?

I think that Jirachi should not learn body slam. I mean, that thing is just too small to keep paralyzing you
Yeah, and can you imagine it belly flopping straight on its tummy eyeball? Ouch.

Blastoise? Pfft. Give Shelgon Shell Sm---*shot*

Could you imagine it try to do that after it evolved though? Ouch.

Though I guess imagining just about any pokémon trying to use that move is ouch.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Kind of hard to slice things in an X motion if you're the singlehorn pokémon, isn't it?

Yeah, and can you imagine it belly flopping straight on its tummy eyeball? Ouch.

Could you imagine it try to do that after it evolved though? Ouch.

Though I guess imagining just about any pokémon trying to use that move is ouch.

Heracross could use his claws. Also, when you look at the anime, you see Dwebble/Crustle jumping out of his shell and breaking an extra layer of his "skin". But really, it's kinda hard to imagine that for someone like cloyster

Bariokie

rock dog
What would CLoyster and Shellder look like whitout shell :O

Maybe Gastly or the living form of Gastly :eek:

I think Samurott should have Aura Sphere.
It just looks like it can learn it...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I think Samurott should have Aura Sphere.
It just looks like it can learn it...
Close Combat would be good, I mean he is based off a Samurai, Shell Smash, Icicle Crash, and Outrage should work for him as well

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Doesn't make sense why Serperior learns it
But I agree with Steelix

Howie Cheeto

Zangoose needs to know how to Cut.

Zebstrika and Deino should learn Double Kick and Dark Pulse by level-up, respectively.

rocky505

Doesn't make sense why Serperior learns it
But I agree with Steelix

Serperior learns it because the only starters who learn it are reptilian(Except Swampert who is an amphibian I believe). It actually wouldn't make sense if Samurott learned it, going by this.

Flareon and Flare Blitz should be obvious, same with Entei.

Gyarados should be able to learn Crunch, although I never actually realized it couldn't until recently.

Actually, Gyarados should also be able to actually learn flying based moves in general, considering it is a "flying" type.