• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
One I can think of right off the bat is Chikorita not being able to learn Leaf Blade, even through Breeding. Hello? Leaf? On her head? That can slice things? (Razor Leaf, Cut, etc.) So, WHT, Nintendo, WTH?

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I wish Altaria would be able to learn Brave Bird...Zubat can learn it & it's a bat,why not Altaria?

Oh,& Altaria should be able to learn Calm Mind too

Last edited:

El Deadlito

The Amis
Scyther /w Leaf blade. Seriously, HOW FREAKING HARD CAN IT BE? You have 2 scythes, and yet you can't make even leaf cut with them. And the dude is all green anyways.
And most of pokemon know some mumbo jumbo that make them able to turn their tails/something else into steel or something, why doesn't green bug with 2 scythes learn Leaf blade?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think that Palkia should learn Fly.It`s anime artwork shows it flying.

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
Dragonite - Quick Attack
Bronzong - Perish Song
Chatot - Perish Song
Lunatone - Moonlight
Solrock - Morning Sun
Pinsir - Megahorn

Dashing

Umbreon should learn Cosmic Power. It fits its design and stats... why not, it would make it more usable.

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
It should learn it naturally as it is stated to be 'capable of circling the globe in 16 hours'. You shouldn't have to get that one Dratini from Dragon's Den for it to have a priority move.

rocky505

It should learn it naturally as it is stated to be 'capable of circling the globe in 16 hours'. You shouldn't have to get that one Dratini from Dragon's Den for it to have a priority move.
You can still breed it with a ditto to get more.

Wolfangs

Pokemon Breeder
hitmonlee cant learn detect.....
was able to with tm 43 in gold version gameboy color not the new ones coming out but now....

hitmonchan, hitmontop, and lucario can but not hitmonlee

wtf....

on top of all this hitmonlee the kicking pokemon has to be tutored to learn low kick from the new heartgold soulsliver versions

wow really...

Last edited:

rocky505

Zorua and Zoroark should both be able to learn Nasty Plot by level up. (I know their lv up moves haven't been released yet but still...)

Rayquaza, Starly evo line, Pidgey evo line, Togekiss, Togetic, Natu/Xatu - Sky Attack
Before posting somethng make sure the pokemon can't learn the move. Togekiss gets sky attack by lvl up. Pidgey line, Natu line, and togetic all get it from XD. and Staraptor gets it from move tutor in HGSS just like the others. It wouldn't even make sense on Rayquaza.

The-Strawhat

Gliscor - Shadow ball

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
The thing that always got me...
was fire types... and FLASH.
Seriously, why can things like charizard and magmar, torkoal and slugma... NOT use a technique for lighting up an area... when they have open flames, lava, or the ability to breathe fire?

The total amount of fire typed pokemon that learn flash:
Castform (if in fire state)
Ho-Oh
Entei
That's it.
Seriously.
T`_T;

Especially when things like cradily, snorunt and butterfree can.
I mean, honestly...

Status
Not open for further replies.