• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Pidgeot,Fearow,Noctowl,Staraptor,Swellow...all should be able to learn Swords Dance.They have extremely sharp talons,it's like those things have no use.Raticate can learn Swords Dance so why not the birds?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The bell Bronzong is based on is not that kind of bell...it doesn't make any sounds,it was used for rituals I think

It was based on the dotaku. While it doesn't have a ball inside of it (like, say, the Liberty Bell), it was meant to be struck from the outside. For a recent example, look at Odama for the Gamecube: Its central feature is a bronze bell, the same kind of bell Bronzong is based on, which you were encouraged to ring with the pinball.

For that matter, Bronzor is a mirror but can't learn Reflect.

It was based on the dotaku. While it doesn't have a ball inside of it (like, say, the Liberty Bell), it was meant to be struck from the outside. For a recent example, look at Odama for the Gamecube: Its central feature is a bronze bell, the same kind of bell Bronzong is based on, which you were encouraged to ring with the pinball.

For that matter, Bronzor is a mirror but can't learn Reflect.

Actually Bronzor can learn Reflect by TM but if you mean by level up then I get what you're talking about. Almost as weird as Lanturn not being able to get Light Screen (even by TM!!!)

Savannah

Garchomp should have access to Fly, Extremespeed.

It would make mine at least an absolute beast..

JD

Ampharos is the light Pokemon and is said to use its tail as a lamp.

Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow.

Huh?

Tail Glow is called Fire Fly Light in the Japanese version so I guess that's why but Ampharos with Tail Glow would be pretty cool. Another thing why do people suggest moves like Brave Bird Empoleon and Air Slash Sandslash. Empoleon is more of a special attacker so Air Slash would be a lot better another thing Leafeon really should learn Seed Bomb through level up it learns Leaf Blade at such a high level it's annoying. Solrock and Lunatone should both be able to learn Moonlight and Morning Sun as the last move that they learn and Pidgeot needs Extremespeed.

Last edited:
Garchomp should have access to Fly, Extremespeed.

It would make mine at least an absolute beast..

Lol, it's already an absolute beast :p however it would make Garchomp slightly less predictable. Currently all Chomps are working either Choice sets or Swords Dance - Substitute ones, so adding a few more moves to it's movepool wouldn't be a bad thing.

Aurath8

Leafeon, Solarbeam through levelup. It mentions photsynthesis in many of its pokedex entries. Leaf Blade at a lower level as well and Seed Bomb at 36 so you don't need to breed/ relearn to get a physical grass move.

Leafeon, Solarbeam through levelup. It mentions photsynthesis in many of its pokedex entries. Leaf Blade at a lower level as well and Seed Bomb at 36 so you don't need to breed/ relearn to get a physical grass move.

I take it that you meant something a little more heavy duty than Razor Leaf :p but it's a physical Grass move that Leafeon gets at a low level by level-up

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Haha, I remember the problem with Razor Leaf was that in Platinum, when you receive Eevee at Level 20, you needed the Move Relearner to get Razor Leaf :|

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Bidoof should learn Explosion. I would use it over and over and over...

Crobat Ray

PO Username: Ray !
Hi
These are mine:
- Skuntank: Ember (Why can learn flametrhower without ember (level up)?)
- Machamp: Sheer cold (Never misses >:D)
- Gardevoir: Psycho Boost (Xcept from SSBB)
- Pidgeot, Staraptor, Crobat, Noctowl, Ho-oh and its fellow birds: Dive (From the sky!)
- Snorlax: Kinesis (he likes to eat with the spoon)

Well those may not be very related, but some of them ae useful (or not). Sorry for my bad english

Crobat Ray

PO Username: Ray !
Hi
These are mine:
- Skuntank: Ember (Why can learn flametrhower without ember (level up)?)
- Machamp: Sheer cold (Never misses >:D)
- Gardevoir: Psycho Boost (Xcept from SSBB)
- Pidgeot, Staraptor, Crobat, Noctowl, Ho-oh and its fellow birds: Dive (From the sky!)
- Snorlax: Kinesis (he likes to eat with the spoon)

Well those may not be very related, but some of them are useful (or not). Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Anyone else agree with Hypnosis Mewtwo (it hypnotized Joy in the first movie) and Sweet Scent Stantler (in the anime it was said to have a sweet smell from its horns)? I updated the first post with those two.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
^Well when you think about it, Empoleon is a penguin and cannot fly. Why would it need to roost?

darkwolf227

Gible Tamer
has anyone noticed that in the t.v show when ash saves dialga and palkia from team galatic cynthia's garchomp IS flying and hardly ever touches the ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.