• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Flaming Fury:.

Black White Yin Yang
Blaziken is based on a fighting Rooster, and it can't learn Roost...

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Interesting... Guess that was one of the ones that Serebii had missed off when Platinum first came out, because I'm pretty sure last time I checked it wasn't on the list for Shuckle. It is now though, so well pointed out :)

Ah, I see.

Despite it's pokedex entry, Garchomp cannot learn fly. They need to change that.

They definitely need to do that. And also give Blaziken Close Combat. I mean, come on! And Gastrodon should get Stealth Rock, too.

Blaziken is based on a fighting Rooster, and it can't learn Roost...

Well, roosting here is the kind birds do at nightfall. I don't see Blaziken doing that =P

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think Scizor should be able to learn Crabhammer. It has no way currently of countering its double weakness to Fire attacks. The Water-type Crabhammer fits Scizor well given its pincers.

GR81

Regigigas should get Protect. It would waste a slow start turn and make it more than just an annoying para-fusion pokemon.

Aerodactyl should get Brave Bird and Head Smash as well. Both powerful STAB moves and with Rock Head wouldn't even take recoil damage.

I would have also liked to see Dragonite get Heal Bell through the HG/SS move tutor. It would be a nice upgrade to bulky Dragonite's movepool.

Last edited:

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I think Scizor should be able to learn Crabhammer. It has no way currently of countering its double weakness to Fire attacks. The Water-type Crabhammer fits Scizor well given its pincers.

It is called CrabHammer for a reason, in that only CRAB POKEMON can use it.

Give Scizor a counter to Fire types? Really? Does it need a counter? It is one of the best Pokemon in the entire game. It's fine as it is.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It is called CrabHammer for a reason, in that only CRAB POKEMON can use it.

Give Scizor a counter to Fire types? Really? Does it need a counter? It is one of the best Pokemon in the entire game. It's fine as it is.

If a Pokemon is not a crab, but has similar features, it should learn the move. Corphish and Crawdaunt are technically not crabs, and they can learn the movie.

AZX612

On my own here we go
Crabhammer ruined my Swampert only run in Sapphire Battle Tower
Final Trainer. Final Pokemon. "Crawdawnt used Crab hammer" "Swampert Fainted" Leaving the crap pokes I entered so Swampert would be the only one that could deal damage

Sorry, drifting off there

I think that if any, JOLTEON should learn Volt Tackle

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I got super upset when Hippopotas couldn't learn Dig in Platinum, and I got happy when they added it in HGSS.

I think that Kingler should be able to learn Waterfall. It's the only physical HM Water move, and it can't learn it!

JD

Crabhammer ruined my Swampert only run in Sapphire Battle Tower
Final Trainer. Final Pokemon. "Crawdawnt used Crab hammer" "Swampert Fainted" Leaving the crap pokes I entered so Swampert would be the only one that could deal damage

Sorry, drifting off there

I think that if any, JOLTEON should learn Volt Tackle

Ehh no, Jolteon isn't a physical attacker Volt Tackle wouldn't do it any good that's like giving Machamp Aura Sphere. Electivire or Luxray would be excellent for the attack to bad it's exclusive to the Pikachu line.

Armaldo(Dragon Dance)- It doesn't look like a Dragon but Tropius,Crawdaunt, and Whiscash got it which made no sense whatsoever. Armaldo would make decent use of the move though and it looks more like a Dragon than those three.

Blaziken(Close Combat)- It should have gotten it when Diamond and Pearl came out plus it needs a decent Fighting type move to make good use of its high attack and STAB.

Garchomp(Quick Attack or Extremespeed) - It's the Mach Pokemon and it's Pokedex entry says it flies at Sonic Speed giving it Extremespeed would be a little crazy but Quick Attack at the most.

Hitmonchan(Shadow Punch)- I don't know what the Japanese name for the move is but it's Iron Fist ability would make great use of this move especially against Ghost.

Flygon(Sing)- Again a little crazy but apparently when it flaps it's wings it sounds like Singing wouldn't make much sense but whatever.

Farfetch'd(Leaf Blade)- The Leek not much to say on this one or does it already have Leaf Blade?

Oh and Ninjask Extremespeed come on it's the fastest non legendary pokemon it could use this move it doesn't make any sense why it doesn't have it.

Last edited:

Wallaroo42

Knight who says Ni
Typhlosion. Earth Power.

It's a VOLCANO pokemon for pete's sake (and the poor thing could take ANY added special moves to it's movepool... HG/SS was the perfect excuse to give it better moves and it went to waste)

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I would have also liked to see Dragonite get Heal Bell through the HG/SS move tutor. It would be a nice upgrade to bulky Dragonite's movepool.

Eh, they really need to fix that >.>

If a Pokemon is not a crab, but has similar features, it should learn the move. Corphish and Crawdaunt are technically not crabs, and they can learn the movie.

Scizor has nothing whatsoever to do with a crab. Steel pincers don't count.

Farfetch'd(Leaf Blade)- The Leek not much to say on this one or does it already have Leaf Blade?

Yep, it does. Hurray HGSS :D

The Head Honchkrow

Typhlosion. Earth Power.

It's a VOLCANO pokemon for pete's sake (and the poor thing could take ANY added special moves to it's movepool... HG/SS was the perfect excuse to give it better moves and it went to waste)

It didn't go to waste; the Cyndaquil line got Extrasensory as an egg-move, which, while not as great as Earth Power would've been, is pretty awesome.

~The Head Honchkrow~

vdW

Trainer
Sandslash should be able to learn Air Slash (it's in the name so he should be able to learn all slash moves)
I agree with these two:
Luxray should be able to learn Volt Tackle
Empoleon should be able to learn Brave Bird

As was said things that look nothing like dragons got Dragon dance so why all the fuss over Scizor getting Crabhammer? I think it would be good on it and would make sense. More sense than crab-like Crawdaunt getting Dragon Dance in any case.

The claws may be pincers but they are fundamentally the same shape as a crab's and the strength is there with the steel typing.

I think Scyther should learn fly as it has the bulk to hold a human and it has decent sized wings. Even Scizor could deal with it, even though it gains wieght with it's steel typing and reduced wings it should still be able to hold a human. Dragonite has ridiculously small wings and it can learn fly and bird pokemon barely two feet tall can learn and use fly outside of battle.

Of course Flareon needs Flare blitz. It has mediocre stats compared to it's fellow Eeveelutions so the lovely attack stat should have access to this move.

Volt tackle would look good with Jolteon and is highly feasible but i agree, it's SpAtk is far better. It does not need the physical moves.

Aurath8

Almost all flying types with a beak. Drill Peck. They have beaks, they can spin while flying, no excuse for not having drill peck and no breed move spam because I realised it isn't worth it to train from level 1.

MeLikesCoke

I see dead Pokemon..
Gengar should learn fly.. He can float and he has picked up and flown ash throughout the episodes (not talking about the one where ash was a ghost)

Steelia

forever.
As was said things that look nothing like dragons got Dragon dance so why all the fuss over Scizor getting Crabhammer? I think it would be good on it and would make sense. More sense than crab-like Crawdaunt getting Dragon Dance in any case.

When you can attach moves like Bone Rush to attention *****s known as Lucario, Crabhammer sounds more than agreeable for a Pkmn that AT LEAST has pincers (i.e. Scizor). Could totally see that.

Psycho Boost for Mewtwo.

Also, Mew should be given a much larger -- and obscure -- choice of moves when leveling... Strange things like Sketch, Wood Hammer, Drill Peck... Multiply and diversify. Haha.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
When you can attach moves like Bone Rush to attention *****s known as Lucario, Crabhammer sounds more than agreeable for a Pkmn that AT LEAST has pincers (i.e. Scizor). Could totally see that.

Psycho Boost for Mewtwo.

Lucario does have a metal-bone-thing protruding from its arms, y'know?

Psycho Boost should remain a signature move. I wouldn't mind something else for Mewtwo, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.