• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves which have been done to death in the anime

TheSmiley

All Pikachus moves, water gun, ice beam and whine whip. I think that those stupid writhers would at least play the freaking games before they give out random moves to pokemon that are boring and overused.

Pokelight_Admin

Thunder-bolt, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Flamethrower and Water gun have been way too much. Mainly becuase the anime focuses on the protagonists (Ash, Dawn, Brock) and they each use the same pokemon frequently. Pikachu using Thunder-bolt, Iron Tail and Quick Attack, Chimchar using Flamethrower and Piplup using Water Gun. The producers aren't utilizing the new moves, introduced in the fourth generation, in the anime, other than Zen-Headbutt.

Last edited:

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Thunder-bolt, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Flamethrower and Water gun have been way too much. Mainly becuase the anime focuses on the protagonists (Ash, Dawn, Brock) and they each use the same pokemon frequently. Pikachu using Thunder-bolt, Iron Tail and Quick Attack, Chimchar using Flamethrower and Piplup using Water Gun. The producers aren't utilizing the new moves, introduced in the fourth generation, in the anime, other than Zen-Headbutt.

Piplup can't learn water gun. It learns Bubblebeam. I think thats what you mean.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I think Iron Tail has been done repeatedly. From now on any pokemon with a tail uses Iron Tail. Starting from Pikachu, to May's Glaceon, a Flaffy, Steelix etc

firelovindocker

flamethrower is an awesome strong move but how bout somethin like lava plume instead of almost every fire type knowing flamethrower

TheRippedDeck

Poketarians eat.....
You would think Tackle would be one of the overused moves. The only overuse of Tackle is by Ash's Charizard...
Hyper Beam.... WHY DOES KINGLER KNOW HYPER BEAM?
Ice Beam.... Holy cheese at least 5 character Pokemon know Ice Beam (Lapras, Glalie, Buneary, Swinub (...), Dewgong, even Misty's Luvdisc used Ice Beam...)
Quick Attack, no discussion.
Flamethrower, also no discussion, at least 3 of ASH's Pokemon use it.
Iron Tail has become the cool move now and everyone should use it.
Water Gun I think would be the most overused move in the entire series simply because of MISTY!!!! As well as Ash, Dawn, May, heck even Brock has two that use Water Gun.

VoltTacklingPika

Well, baring in mind there weren't many alternatives for those attacks in the early series. By the time there were, everyone was so used to them that there wasn't much point of changing for a near identical attack with a different name.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Yeah. In a post I'd tried to post, but failed, I stated that hydro pump would pretty much be identical to water gun, with the exception of blastoise (and you don't see blastoise use water gun anyway). I was pointing out that water gun was originally just a blast of water, and hydro pump was a jet of water, and my guess is that the anime wanted water pokemon to be able to shoot jets of water earlier in life than hydro pump was learned.

It's not like most of the available water attacks are actually water. If a fire showed up, water pulse wouldn't do a thing.

VoltTacklingPika

Nor would Brine or Bubblebeam really. It's pretty realistic to give a low level Pokemon a strong attack like Water Pulse anyway, so they give them Water Gun/Bubblebeam instead. I don't think the writers actually bother to change any of the attacks unless they, like make sence and are really necessary (like Pikachu with Iron Tail).

VoltTacklingPika

Nor would Brine or Bubblebeam really. It's pretty realistic to give a low level Pokemon a strong attack like Water Pulse anyway, so they give them Water Gun/Bubblebeam instead. I don't think the writers actually bother to change any of the attacks unless they, like make sence and are really necessary (like Pikachu with Iron Tail).

TheRippedDeck

Poketarians eat.....
Even though the water blast may be the same size, the name just inspires the image of the move.
Water Gun makes me think of those Super Soakers I sprayed at my friend.
Hydro Pump reminds me of hose cannons that restrain people by the sheer force of water. Probably from PUMP. Hydro is a cooler sounding synonym for water.

Water Pulse just sounds... smooth. In a drawing, I associate pulse with a ovaly, non-cornered shape. For a jagged shape, I would say ScrEEEEEch or ThunDER. Just the way the English language works with sounds. I wonder if the Japanese characters incorporate the level of the attack in the sound of the name. For those who are lost, just ignore this post.

Profesco

gone gently
octoboy said:
I stated that hydro pump would pretty much be identical to water gun, with the exception of blastoise

I dunno. Ash's Squirtle used an incredibly unique and amazing Hydro Pump. Still, they do make the mediocre Water Gun look way stronger than it should be.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I dunno. Ash's Squirtle used an incredibly unique and amazing Hydro Pump. Still, they do make the mediocre Water Gun look way stronger than it should be.

I guess that's the only way they can make it seem feasible for Water Gun to compete with other, much stronger attacks.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I would love if they showed some new moves and stuff. Piplup should be pretty strong to take out a Prinplup and Glaceon why not it learn Water Pluse?

I would love to see the new 4th Moves like Dark Pulse Omistic Wind Lava Plume Earth Power Crunch Something new would be nice

VoltTacklingPika

Piplup doesn't know Water Pulse because Buizel knows it and Piplup already has perfectly good water attacks in Bubblebeam and Whirlpool. There's no need for it to learn Water Pulse.

On that note, there really isn't any need for anyone to learn anything, even if the attacks have been done to death. There also any need to showcase any brand new attack seeing as how that's not what the show is about, and that they are focusing more on strategy in battle and not a simple trading of attacks.

mew801

Tbolt, razor leaf, iron tail recently, bubblebeam and flamethrower.