• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves which have been done to death in the anime

VoltTacklingPika

If you were the trainer you would probably have an indentical reaction to Double Team. Keeping your eye on the real one is near to impossible since the speed it takes to create an after image that lasts for a set period of time is very, very fast - even if real life physics and anime physics aren't the same.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Obviously, Thunderbolt, but that's sort of Pikachu's regular move. Why use Volt Tackle when it would usually be overkill?

XD I have to agree with the Double Team thing though, because it's a gimmick that's used so many times. It doesn't bother me while I'm watching it, but once you bring it up, it does seem a bit silly how often it's used.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Yeah, but I guess if you don't want a pokemon who's pure attack, you'll have to have them dodge stuff, and the only options there are dodge, agility, quick attack, or double team.

Of course, some pokemon could block attacks as opposed to avoiding them, but the anime writers greatly favour speed.

GepeTo

thunderbolt, water gun, IRON TAIL, flamethrower, razor leaf and teh move that jame's carnivire uses all the time, I think it is bullet machine gun or something like that

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
mostly bullet seed and poison tail along with pikachus regular attacks

Flamethrower is pretty overused imo, about every fire type in the animé had that move, except torchic.

Water gun is another. Yeah Misty was the water gym leader. But she didnt need to give all her pokemons water gun...

And since it came. Aerial Ace became quite overused... Every flying type has it these days.

And of course Quick Attack.

neo_senku

Im thinking secret power might be the next to join this list.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
All right, I think to avoid making this thing spammy, I'd say we should try to elaborate more on the moves instead of just saying "anything that pikachu knows". We pretty much get that point.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
iron tail and focus punch always annoy me if its not pikachu or ambipom usng it then filler episode trainers are

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Focus punch is likely so overused because the anime cheapified it. It turned from a super-strong move that was really hard to land to a fairly strong move which could be pulled off easily. So, now, it's turned into basic fighting move.

Blah.

End Guy

ROFLstomped
*agree*

Quick Attack is annoyingly common in the earlier episodes, and when Togepi would use Metronome to get the exact right move every time just to save the writers from actually having to do anything kinda annoys me now that I look back on it.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I actually didn't mind that. Togepi was so dang useless without it, so whenever togepi did anything, I was glad.

So I like togepi, sue me. Would you rather pikachu had done some Deus Ex machina thing to get out of it? Because he could of, and has.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
haha id have to say, oh....
ANY move used on team rocket that originated from pikachu

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Thunderbolt, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle on Pikachu.

Plus, Swift when Ambipom was an Aipom. I can't remember it using another move.

rowly

This Modern Love
Thunderbolt, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle on Pikachu.

Plus, Swift when Ambipom was an Aipom. I can't remember it using another move.

i think aipom would use focus punch a lot of the time it wasn't using swift
but i think we've already discussed focus punch...

but yah, i can't remember it using anything besides those two moves

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I think Water Gun was used too much. They should start using Water Pulse, Brine or Hydro Pump since Surf would be hard to animate all the time. Plus where will the water come from.