• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves which have yet to be showcased in the Animé

blob

Moves which have yet to be shown in the Animé

I couldn't find a thread for this, so I decided to make one.

Minimize DPS02
Kinesis
Barrage PO04
Struggle

Mind Reader
Nightmare
Curse
Conversion 2
Spite
Return
Pain Split
Baton Pass
Pursuit
Psych Up
Beat Up

Memento
Smelling Salts
Follow Me
Nature Power
Taunt
Role Play
Magic Coat
Recycle
Endeavor
Skill Swap
Imprison
Grudge
Snatch
Dive
Mist Ball
Cosmic Power
Block
Howl
Covet
Water Sport
Calm Mind
Doom Desire M06

Roost
Gravity
Wake-Up Slap
Natural Gift
Acupressure
Payback
Assurance
Embargo
Psycho Shift
Heal Block
Wring Out
Gastro Acid
Me First
Power Swap
Guard Swap
Worry Seed
Heart Swap M09
Switcheroo
Nasty Plot
Chatter
Judgement M12
Defend Order
Heal Order
Crush Grip M11
Shadow Force M11

Wide Guard
Guard Split
Power Split
Wonder Room
Autotomize
Rage Powder
Magic Room
Storm Throw
Synchronoise
Soak
Coil
Simple Beam
Entrainment
After You
Echoed Voice
Chip Away
Stored Power
Ally Switch
Sky Drop
Shift Gear
Quash
Reflect Type
Retaliate
Final Gambit
Bestow
Water Pledge
Grass Pledge
Psystrike M16
Gear Grind
Searing Shot M14
Techno Blast M16
Secret Sword M15
Glaciate
Bolt Strike M14
Fiery Dance PE04
Freeze Shock M15
Ice Burn M15
V-create M14
Fusion Bolt M14

Mat Block
Belch
Rototiller
Noble Roar
Ion Deluge XYS06
Parting Shot
Topsy-Turvy
Crafty Shield
Flower Shield
Electrify
Fairy Lock
Play Nice
Confide
Diamond Storm M17
Steam Eruption M19
Hyperspace Hole
Aromatic Mist
Eerie Impulse
Venom Drench
Powder
Geomancy M17
Magnetic Flux
Happy Hour
Celebrate
Hold Hands
Hold Back
Infestation
Oblivion Wing M17
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Light of Ruin
Origin Pulse XYS03
Precipice Blades XYS03
Dragon Ascent XYS02, PG09
Hyperspace Fury M18

Acid Downpour
Shattered Psyche
Twinkle Tackle
Shore Up
Baneful Bunker
Ice Hammer
Floral Healing
Strength Sap
Spotlight
Toxic Thread
Laser Focus
Gear Up
Anchor Shot
Lunge
Fire Lash
Power Trip
Speed Swap
Purify
Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike M20
Stoked Sparksurfer
Genesis Supernova
Fleur Cannon M19
Psychic Fangs
Spectral Thief
Tearful Look
Photon Geyser
Light That Burns the Sky
Zippy Zap PE08
Splishy Splash
Floaty Fall
Pika Papow
Bouncy Bubble
Buzzy Buzz
Sizzly Slide
Glitzy Glow
Baddy Bad
Sappy Seed
Freezy Frost
Sparkly Swirl
VeeVee Volley

Jaw Lock
Stuff Cheeks
No Retreat
Tar Shot
Magic Powder
Teatime
Court Change
Max Phantasm
Max Mindstorm
Max Darkness
Max Overgrowth
Clangorous Soul
Decorate
Snap Trap
Overdrive
Apple Acid
Grav Apple
Strange Stream
Life Dew
Obstruct
G-Max Befuddle
G-Max Resonance
G-Max Cuddle
G-Max Replenish
G-Max Stonesurge
G-Max Wind Rage
G-Max Stun Shock
G-Max Gravitas
G-Max Sandblast
G-Max Tartness
G-Max Sweetness
G-Max Smite
G-Max Steelsurge
G-Max Meltdown
G-Max Foam Burst
Steel Roller
Misty Explosion
Grassy Glide
Terrain Pulse
Skitter Smack
Burning Jealousy
Lash Out
Poltergeist
Corrosive Gas
Coaching
Flip Turn
Dual Wingbeat
Jungle Healing M23
Freezing Glare
Fiery Wrath
Thunderous Kick
Glacial Lance
Astral Barrage
Eerie Spell
G-Max Vine Lash
G-Max Cannonade
G-Max Hydrosnipe
G-Max One Blow
G-Max Rapid Flow
Dire Claw
Psyshield Bash
Power Shift
Stone Axe
Springtide Storm
Mystical Power
Raging Fury
Wave Crash
Chloroblast
Mountain Gale
Victory Dance
Headlong Rush
Barb Barrage
Esper Wing
Bitter Malice
Shelter
Triple Arrows
Infernal Parade
Ceaseless Edge
Bleakwind Storm
Wildbolt Storm
Sandsear Storm
Lunar Blessing
Take Heart

Moves which will soon be shown or were only shown in Specials and Movies are listed in bold next to the move.

Last edited:

IcySealeo

I don't know how much of the VI generation moves they will showcase, because most of them are status moves and it's harder for them to showcase those type of moves.

I'm really surprised about return.

Consudering the strong bond ash with his Pokemon Its quite shocking none of them have learnt it. It's the type of move that would be perfect for Pikachu, since they could make it visually similar to quick attack

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Maybe thousand arrows and thousand waves are primal groudons wnd kyogres signarure moves, but was water spout shown in the anime?

Those 2 moves are both Ground type move and are similar to Zygarde's Land's Wrath (i.e., 90 BP and 10 PP with 100 Acc), except they have specific additions to them i.e.,

- Thousand Arrows being able to hit Flying types and knocking them to the ground.
- Thousand Waves hitting any pokemon that moves on ground and those hit can't flee from battle.

Considering the effects of the moves and the type of Pokemon they are designed to hit. It is highly possible that those 2 moves are going to be Zygarde's Signature moves (most likely in the 3rd instalment of 6th Gen) and are designed to help take down Yveltal and Xerneas.

At most Groudon could only get Thousand Waves (since it could be useful against Kyogre) as an Special Moves on those Give-Away Pokemons (like Darkrai with Roar Of Time or Spacial Rend)

blob

but was water spout shown in the anime?

It was shown by a wild Wailord in AG124.

I'm really surprised about return.

Consudering the strong bond ash with his Pokemon Its quite shocking none of them have learnt it. It's the type of move that would be perfect for Pikachu, since they could make it visually similar to quick attack

Maybe because it'll be hard to show and the fact that Return is also what Ash says when he wants to withdraw a Pokémon from battle.

Last edited:
Maybe because it'll be hard to show.

Not really. All they would have to do is have someone mention the move is quite powerful because of the pokemons bond with ash

fact that Return is also what Ash says when he wants to withdraw a Pokémon from battle.

That would only work in the dub though. The move is called return favour in Japan.

So I really have no idea why the move has not appeared yet

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It was shown by a wild Wailord in AG124.

Maybe because it'll be hard to show and the fact that Return is also what Ash says when he wants to withdraw a Pokémon from battle.

You think they refrain from using Return because that's what Ash says? How about Ash saying: "Pikachu, use Return!" No confusion there..

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I wish they'd show worry seed, it's one of my favorite non-attacking moves in the game.

nickdt

They can showcase Electric Terrain in Clemont's gym. It will be nice to see how Ash will counter that. But it means that he must have a Pokemon to counter the Gym. If he has not, its impossible to win when Electric Terrain is activated.

fitzy909

Just another guy
They can showcase Electric Terrain in Clemont's gym. It will be nice to see how Ash will counter that. But it means that he must have a Pokemon to counter the Gym. If he has not, its impossible to win when Electric Terrain is activated.

I think that will happen and he'll either have to destroy the ground (maybe earthquake from something?) or he'll power up Pikachu with it.

phanpycross

God-king
I have a hunch James's inkay might learn return, sice Jessie's pumpaboo knows Frustation.

Moonlight is possible too, given fairy-types connection to the moon.

KKS-Lapras

Water or Grass Pledge both seem plausible with all the starters being featured on the main cast and the rival trio.

Water or Grass Pledge both seem plausible with all the starters being featured on the main cast and the rival trio.

The Pledges would've been a fun idea to do in the Kalos Summer Camp arc since there were six starters there...

Hopefully Mist Ball gets shown since the Latis should appear in XY due to gaining Mega Evolutions.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

I can see Froakie learning Water Pledge replacing Bubble the move has that Ninjutsu look to it.

The Pledges would've been a fun idea to do in the Kalos Summer Camp arc since there were six starters there...

Hopefully Mist Ball gets shown since the Latis should appear in XY due to gaining Mega Evolutions.

Well there's still a possibility all 3 Pledges will be use by the rivals in upcoming triple battle.

jrizza88

Meteorite
i'm still waiting on how they will show dazzling gleam, i know its going to be a long wait for now since that was one of my fave attacks for this gen

I know! Since it is a damaging, but Flashing move (Aka Flash with damage), I wonder how they would use it in the anime. It is Slyveon's main move in the fairy gym I believe, so maybe it will debut there, since moonblast has already been used twice now.

KKS-Lapras

I can see Froakie learning Water Pledge replacing Bubble the move has that Ninjutsu look to it.

That's a cool idea, it would be an interesting upgrade move for Froakie.